AT40: Harry Styles (6) Week Of July 2, 2022

So we are now officially halfway through the year. Gosh, I feel like time is going by super fast. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks so interesting. We do have yet another interesting Top 5 this week, and that of course I'll get to it later on in this post just like what I always do. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


The Walters - I Love You So

Justin Bieber/Don Toliver - Honest


Last Week's #1 Song: Harry Styles - As It Was

The Countdown:

#40. Ed Sheeran - Shivers (#39)

#39. Adele - Easy On Me (#37)

#38. Imagine Dragons - Bones (DEBUT)

#37. Gayle - ABCDEFU (#34)

#36. Lauren Spencer-Smith - Flowers (#36)

#35. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa/Young Thug - Potion (#40)

#34. Doja Cat - Need To Know (#32)

#33. Khalid - Skyline (#33)

#32. Becky G/Karol G - MAMIII (#30)

#31. Leah Kate - 10 Things I Hate About You (#35)

#30. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now (#29)

#29. Ava Max - Maybe You're The Problem (#31)

#28. Tate McRae - She's All I Wanna Be (#17)

#27. Diplo/Miguel - Don't Forget My Love (#26)

#26. Lauv - All 4 Nothing (I'm So In Love) (#27)

#25. The Weeknd - Out Of Time (#25)

#24. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (#21)

#23. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song) (DEBUT)

#22. Justin Bieber - Ghost (#19)

#21. Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand (#22)

#20. Jnr Choi/Sam Tompkins - To The Moon (#20)

#19. Nicky Youre/Dazy - Sunroof (#23)

#18. Sam Smith - Love Me More (#18)

#17. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#14)

#16. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking (#24)

#15. Ed Sheeran/Lil Baby - 2step (#16)

#14. Shawn Mendes - When You're Gone (#15)

#13. Doja Cat - Woman (#11)

#12. The Kid Laroi - Thousand Miles (#12)

#11. Imagine Dragons - Enemy (#8)

#10. Doja Cat - Get Into It (Yuh) (#13)

#9. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (#9)

#8. Camila Cabello/Ed Sheeran - Bam Bam (#10)

#7. Megan Thee Stallion/Dua Lipa - Sweetest Pie (#5)

#6. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug (#6)

#5. Latto - Big Energy (#4)

#4. Lizzo - About Damn Time (#7)

#3. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend (#2)

#2. Jack Harlow - First Class (#3)

#1. Harry Styles - As It Was (#1) [6th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (1 of 2 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I actually expected Harry Styles - Late Night Talking (+8) to take the biggest jump and into the Top 20 this week. This really deserves to be in there and I was so pleased to see it. Now, let's see if it'll go to the Top 10 soon.

I'm not too thrilled to see Tate McRae - She's All I Wanna Be (-11) take the biggest drop. But I do know it has started to lose some airplay so I'm sure this is now officially on it's way out of here.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Imagine Dragons - Bones: This is the only great debut we have this week. This song has now joined in there since Enemy hit the top spot a couple months ago. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. But definitely not as good as Enemy, but it's still amazing. For my opinion, the production was super outstanding, Dan's vocals were so amazing, the lyrics were very nicely-written, and the chorus was super amazing. Let's see how this one does on there.


Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song): This is actually a decent song. Although you guys thought I was going to hate this song because of Post himself, but I actually don't hate it. But it's still not a good song for me. The production here was actually so amazing, but I know Post's vocals were awful, but Doja's vocals were pretty good here and the lyrics were still super nicely-written and I think the chorus was decent. But yeah, decent song overall. Let's see how this one does on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Latto - Big Energy: I'm sure this song is definitely going to leave the Top 5 next week. But it sure did had an amazing run on there in it's career. But now it's time for this song to be on it's way out of here.

4. Lizzo - About Damn Time: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm so pleased to see this song in there. And I'm sure this is definitely going to be in the Top 3 and go to the top spot very soon. Let's see if it'll happen.

3. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend: Yes, this song really deserves to be dropping! Now, can we please let this song keep dropping and be out of the Top 5 very soon?

2. Jack Harlow - First Class: It's almost at the top spot. And I'm sure that this song might hit the top spot within the next week or so. Hopefully I'm right.

1. Harry Styles - As It Was: Holding the top spot for the 6th week in a row. I'm so pleased to see this song still at this spot, but I'm sure another song might take over the top spot next week, but let's see if it'll stay in there or not.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

19. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

18. The Kid Laroi - Thousand Miles


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

17. Sam Smith - Love Me More

16. Shawn Mendes - When You're Gone

15. Ed Sheeran/Lil Baby - 2step

14. Jack Harlow - First Class

13. Lizzo - About Damn Time

12. Jnr Choi/Sam Tompkins - To The Moon

11. Latto - Big Energy

10. Doja Cat - Get Into It (Yuh)

9. Imagine Dragons - Enemy

8. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking

7. Megan Thee Stallion/Dua Lipa - Sweetest Pie

6. Nicky Youre/Dazy - Sunroof

5. Doja Cat - Woman

4. Harry Styles - As It Was

3. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug

2. Camila Cabello/Ed Sheeran - Bam Bam


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Glass Animals - Heat Waves


Total Score: 92/100 = 92% (A-) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023