AT40: Jack Harlow (1) Week Of July 9, 2022

As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it actually looks super interesting. We do have some more interesting debuts this week and we also have another brand new #1 song on there. But I'm gonna get to all of those later on in this post. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Becky G/Karol G - MAMIII

Khalid - Skyline

Ed Sheeran - Shivers


Last Week's #1 Song: Harry Styles - As It Was

The Countdown:

#40. Adele - Easy On Me (#39)

#39. Tate McRae - She's All I Wanna Be (#28)

#38. Gayle - ABCDEFU (#37)

#37. Beyonce - Break My Soul (DEBUT)

#36. Imagine Dragons - Bones (#38)

#35. Doja Cat - Need To Know (#34)

#34. Lauren Spencer-Smith - Flowers (#36)

#33. Halsey - So Good (DEBUT)

#32. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now (#30)

#31. Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God) (RE-ENTRY)

#30. Diplo/Miguel - Don't Forget My Love (#27)

#29. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa/Young Thug - Potion (#35)

#28. Ava Max - Maybe You're The Problem (#29)

#27. Leah Kate - 10 Things I Hate About You (#31)

#26. Lauv - All 4 Nothing (I'm So In Love) (#26)

#25. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (#24)

#24. The Weeknd - Out Of Time (#25)

#23. Justin Bieber - Ghost (#22)

#22. Jnr Choi/Sam Tompkins - To The Moon (#20)

#21. Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand (#21)

#20. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#17)

#19. Sam Smith - Love Me More (#20)

#18. Imagine Dragons - Enemy (#11)

#17. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song) (#23)

#16. Nicky Youre/Dazy - Sunroof (#19)

#15. Doja Cat - Woman (#13)

#14. Ed Sheeran/Lil Baby - 2step (#15)

#13. Shawn Mendes - When You're Gone (#14)

#12. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking (#16)

#11. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (#9)

#10. Megan Thee Stallion/Dua Lipa - Sweetest Pie (#7)

#9. The Kid Laroi - Thousand Miles (#12)

#8. Camila Cabello/Ed Sheeran - Bam Bam (#8)

#7. Doja Cat - Get Into It (Yuh) (#10)

#6. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug (#6)

#5. Latto - Big Energy (#5)

#4. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend (#3)

#3. Lizzo - About Damn Time (#4)

#2. Harry Styles - As It Was (#1)

#1. Jack Harlow - First Class (#2) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Dua Lipa/DaBaby - Levitating (2nd and final week at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa/Young Thug - Potion took the biggest jump this week, and that I was so pleased to see. But what's also tied for the biggest jump is Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song) (+6) as it jumped into the Top 20, and I'm actually fine with that. But still, what a week for all of them!

Tate McRae - She's All I Wanna Be (-11) took the biggest drop for the second week in a row, and that I was not too thrilled to see. But I'm sure this is definitely going to be out of here within the next week or so.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Beyonce - Break My Soul: She has finally made her big return on there this week. And you know, I've actually been enjoying her old music back then, especially when she was part of Destiny's Child. As far as this new song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. As for my opinion on this one, the production was super amazing, Beyonce's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were super interesting, and I really enjoyed the chorus. Let's see how far this one should get on there.


Halsey - So Good: The best debut this week. This is absolutely the best song that I've ever heard from her. It's definitely a step up from all of her other songs. And I know that she sure has been a super talented singer. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a pretty heavenly song. With my opinion on this song, the production was pretty heavenly, Halsey's vocals were pretty heavenly, the lyrics were pretty heavenly, the chorus was pretty heavenly, everything here was pretty heavenly. This is definitely going to end up in my Top 10 Songs of the year. Hopefully this should become a hit on there.


Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God): Wow, I did not expect this song to re-enter the countdown. And the song was actually released in 1985, which was actually interesting. I know this song is way too old to be back on there and I don't understand how it is getting popular. But this was actually an amazing song and I actually love 80's music. For my opinion on this one, the production was so amazing, Kate's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was so phenomenal. Let's see how far this goes on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Latto - Big Energy: I actually thought that this song was going to leave the Top 5 this week. But I'm sure that next week it'll definitely be out of here.

4. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend: I'm so pleased that it's out of the Top 3. Now, this needs to keep dropping and be out of the Top 5 soon.

3. Lizzo - About Damn Time: I'm so pleased to see this song in the Top 3. And I'm sure that this is going to hit #1 soon. Let's see if it'll happen.

2. Harry Styles - As It Was: It dropped out of the top spot. But it really did had an amazing run in there. And I'm sure that this song is going to hold at this spot for a while because of how well it did.

1. Jack Harlow - First Class: I'm super glad to see this song at the top spot. And what I've also noticed about the song that I forgot to mention is that it actually uses the sample from Fergie's 2007 hit song Glamorous, which I've actually found super interesting. But yeah, again I'm glad to see this song at the top spot and let's see how long it could hold the spot.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

19. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

18. The Kid Laroi - Thousand Miles

17. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song)


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

16. Sam Smith - Love Me More

15. Shawn Mendes - When You're Gone

14. Ed Sheeran/Lil Baby - 2step

13. Jack Harlow - First Class

12. Lizzo - About Damn Time

11. Latto - Big Energy

10. Doja Cat - Get Into It (Yuh)

9. Imagine Dragons - Enemy

8. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking

7. Megan Thee Stallion/Dua Lipa - Sweetest Pie

6. Nicky Youre/Dazy - Sunroof

5. Doja Cat - Woman

4. Harry Styles - As It Was

3. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug

2. Camila Cabello/Ed Sheeran - Bam Bam


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Glass Animals - Heat Waves


Total Score: 90/100 = 90% (A-) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023