AT40: Lizzo (2) Week Of July 23, 2022

As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it still looks great, but we did get rid of a song that was going to be in my Top 10 Songs of the year, and that of course it will forever be missed. But we do have some more interesting debuts this week, and that of course I'll get to them later on in this post. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand

Lauv - All 4 Nothing (I'm So In Love)

Diplo/Miguel - Don't Forget My Love

Adele - Easy On Me


Last Week's #1 Song: Lizzo - About Damn Time

The Countdown:

#40. Gayle - ABCDEFU (#39)

#39. Ava Max - Maybe You're The Problem (#31)

#38. Doja Cat - Need To Know (#37)

#37. Marshmello/Khalid - Numb (DEBUT)

#36. Future/Drake/Tems - Wait For U (DEBUT)

#35. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now (#33)

#34. Lauren Spencer-Smith - Flowers (#34)

#33. Joji - Glimpse Of Us (DEBUT)

#32. Drake - Massive (DEBUT)

#31. The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (#26)

#30. Black Eyed Peas/Shakira/David Guetta - Don't You Worry (#36)

#29. Justin Bieber - Ghost (#25)

#28. Camila Cabello/Ed Sheeran - Bam Bam (#14)

#27. Glass Animals - Heat Waves (#23)

#26. Imagine Dragons - Bones (#35)

#25. Imagine Dragons - Enemy (#21)

#24. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa/Young Thug - Potion (#29)

#23. Leah Kate - 10 Things I Hate About You (#24)

#22. The Weeknd - Out Of Time (#22)

#21. Jnr Choi/Sam Tompkins - To The Moon (#19)

#20. Halsey - So Good (#30)

#19. Doja Cat - Woman (#17)

#18. Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God) (#27)

#17. Beyonce - Break My Soul (#32)

#16. Sam Smith - Love Me More (#18)

#15. Megan Thee Stallion/Dua Lipa - Sweetest Pie (#13)

#14. Ed Sheeran/Lil Baby - 2step (#15)

#13. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (#12)

#12. Shawn Mendes - When You're Gone (#11)

#11. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song) (#16)

#10. The Kid Laroi - Thousand Miles (#8)

#9. Nicky Youre/Dazy - Sunroof (#10)

#8. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking (#9)

#7. Latto - Big Energy (#7)

#6. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug (#5)

#5. Doja Cat - Get Into It (Yuh) (#6)

#4. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend (#4)

#3. Harry Styles - As It Was (#2)

#2. Jack Harlow - First Class (#3)

#1. Lizzo - About Damn Time (#1) [2nd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Doja Cat/SZA - Kiss Me More (1st and only week at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased about Beyonce - Break My Soul (+15) taking the biggest jump into the Top 20 this week. This totally deserves it! Now, hopefully it'll go to the Top 10 soon.

Camila Cabello/Ed Sheeran - Bam Bam (-14) sure has been losing lots of airplay recently on the pop radio charts and that's what caused it to take the biggest drop this week. And I'm sure this is going to be out of here very soon.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Marshmello/Khalid - Numb: The best debut this week. Now the last time those two collaborated was back in 2017 when Silence was around, and of course I've been enjoying this song back then. And now, here they are again on there. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. But definitely not as good as Silence, but it's still amazing. As for my opinion, the production was so amazing, Khalid's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were so interesting, and the chorus and drop both sound so phenomenal. Hopefully this should do well on there.


Future/Drake/Tems - Wait For U: This is definitely another amazing song and it's actually a step up from Way 2 Sexy. Now, I've gone through my opinion on this song when it debuted Hit Bound last week. The production was super outstanding, both Future and Drake sounded so amazing in their verses, the lyrics were so interesting, and the chorus was super amazing. But yeah, this is such an amazing song overall for me to listen to. Let's see how this one does on there.


Joji - Glimpse Of Us: I really have no idea what's going on with this song, but my gosh this song was definitely garbage. I actually remember him from Walking a few years ago, and he doesn't sound good in it. And now, here he is. But there's definitely nothing good to say about it. The production in this one was so bad, Joji's vocals were so awful, I'm not really a fan of the lyrics, and my gosh the chorus was absolutely garbage. But yeah, not good overall. I'm sure hoping this doesn't do well on there. NEXT!


Drake - Massive: This is absolutely an outstanding song and this was actually a step up from the decent Falling Back. As for my opinion on this song, the production was so outstanding, Drake's vocals were super outstanding, the lyrics were super nice, and the chorus was so amazing. So yeah, this is such an outstanding song for me to listen to overall. Let's see how this one does on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Doja Cat - Get Into It (Yuh): It debuted the Top 5 this week. I actually expected it to be in there because I know she has been having a lot of Top 5 songs on there. Now, let's see if it'll be in the Top 3 soon.

4. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend: Can we seriously please let this song start dropping and be out of the Top 5 for good? I don't really want to see it in there anymore.

3. Harry Styles - As It Was: Well, it's dropping. But at least it's still in the Top 3 which was always an amazing thing. But maybe this might be in there for a couple more weeks longer or so.

2. Jack Harlow - First Class: I'm glad to see this song move back up. But yeah, I'm sure this is probably gonna hang around in there for a little bit longer or so. But let's see what happens next.

1. Lizzo - About Damn Time: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm so pleased that this song is still there. Gosh, her music sure has been doing so amazing on there lately. Now, let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

19. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

18. The Kid Laroi - Thousand Miles

17. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song)


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

16. Sam Smith - Love Me More

15. Shawn Mendes - When You're Gone

14. Ed Sheeran/Lil Baby - 2step

13. Jack Harlow - First Class

12. Lizzo - About Damn Time

11. Latto - Big Energy

10. Doja Cat - Get Into It (Yuh)

9. Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God)

8. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking

7. Beyonce - Break My Soul

6. Megan Thee Stallion/Dua Lipa - Sweetest Pie

5. Nicky Youre/Dazy - Sunroof

4. Doja Cat - Woman

3. Harry Styles - As It Was

2. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. Halsey - So Good


Total Score: 90/100 = 90% (A-) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023