Harry Styles (8) Week Of July 2, 2022

So we are now officially halfway through the year. Gosh, time sure does fly by super fast. I thought we had some amazing music throughout the first half and I really hope what the second half would look like. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks so interesting. We do have some more interesting debuts this week, and that of course I'll get to them later on in this post just like what I always do. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


The Chainsmokers - I Love U

Panic! At The Disco - Viva Las Vengeance

Duke & Jones/Louis Theroux - Jiggle Jiggle


Last Week's #1 Song: Harry Styles - As It Was

The Countdown:

#30. Drake - Massive (DEBUT)

#29. Amelia Moore - I Feel Everything (#30)

#28. Tai Verdes - Sheluvme (DEBUT)

#27. Charlie Puth/Jung Kook - Left And Right (DEBUT)

#26. Halsey - So Good (#28)

#25. Alec Benjamin - Devil Doesn't Bargain (#25)

#24. Marshmello/Khalid - Numb (#27)

#23. Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand (#17)

#22. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song) (#24)

#21. Sam Smith - Love Me More (#23)

#20. Jack Harlow - First Class (#20)

#19. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug (#21)

#18. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa/Young Thug - Potion (#16)

#17. Maneskin - Supermodel (#19)

#16. Megan Thee Stallion/Dua Lipa - Sweetest Pie (#14)

#15. The Kid Laroi - Thousand Miles (#18)

#14. Camila Cabello/Ed Sheeran - Bam Bam (#9)

#13. Leah Kate - 10 Things I Hate About You (#13)

#12. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Me, Myself & I (#15)

#11. Ava Max - Maybe You're The Problem (#11)

#10. Lauv - All 4 Nothing (I'm So In Love) (#12)

#9. The Weeknd - Out Of Time (#8)

#8. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking (#10)

#7. Imagine Dragons - Bones (#7)

#6. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend (#6)

#5. Shawn Mendes - When You're Gone (#5)

#4. Lizzo - About Damn Time (#4)

#3. Ed Sheeran/Lil Baby - 2step (#3)

#2. Nicky Youre - Sunroof (#2)

#1. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking (#1) [8th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U (5 of 9 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


Marshmello/Khalid - Numb, The Kid Laroi - Thousand Miles and 5 Seconds Of Summer - Me, Myself & I (+3) were all tied for a short biggest jump this week. Though I'm fine with 1 of them, but the rest I was so pleased about.

I'm not too thrilled about Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand (-6) taking the biggest drop. This really does not deserve it. But I do have a feeling that it might be out of here sometime soon.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Drake - Massive: This is such an outstanding song and it's actually a step up from Falling Back, which was decent. As for my opinion, the production was so outstanding, Drake's vocals were super outstanding, the lyrics were super nice, and the chorus was so amazing. And what I've also noticed about the song is that it's actually 5 and a half minutes long which was insane. But this is such an outstanding song overall for me to listen to. Let's see how far this one should get on there.


Tai Verdes - Sheluvme: I didn't actually expect this song to be on the countdown, but now here it is. After having 2 Hit Bound dropouts, we finally have his return on there. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. But definitely not as good as 100sadsongs, but it's still amazing. With my opinion, the production was super outstanding, Tai's vocals were so amazing, the lyrics were super duper interesting, and the chorus was super amazing. Let's see how this one does on there.


Charlie Puth/Jung Kook - Left And Right: The best countdown debut this week. This is such an interesting collaboration. As far as the song goes, this is also an amazing song. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, Charlie's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were super nicely-written, the chorus was so phenomenal, and I really love Jung Kook's verse because I think he sounds super amazing in it. But yeah, this is such an amazing and fun song overall. Hopefully this should do well on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Shawn Mendes - When You're Gone: I'm still waiting for this song to move up and get to the Top 3. But I'm sure this is probably going to happen within a few weeks or so.

4. Lizzo - About Damn Time: Yeah, I'm sure that this song is probably going to start dropping very soon. Maybe within the next week or so it will do it.

3. Ed Sheeran/Lil Baby - 2step: I'm still waiting for it to get to the top spot, but I'm not sure if it's actually going to happen because of what's going on in there.

2. Nicky Youre - Sunroof: Yeah, I don't think it's ever going to be at the top spot. But maybe this might hold there for a little bit longer and then start dropping.

1. Harry Styles - As It Was: Holding the top spot for the 8th week in a row. Never in my wildest dreams, how has this song been doing so phenomenal on there? He sure has been doing super duper amazing lately in his music career. Now, let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Black Eyed Peas/Shakira/David Guetta - Don't You Worry

2. Avril Lavigne/Machine Gun Kelly - Bois Lie (DEBUT)

3. Dixie D'Amelio - A Letter To Me

4. Amelia Moore - I Feel Everything

5. Conan Gray - Disaster

6. Aespa - Life's Too Short

7. Ashe - Angry Woman

8. Tai Verdes - Sheluvme

9. Charlotte Sands - Dress

10. Charlie Puth/Jung Kook - Left And Right

11. Leah Kate - Twinkle Twinkle Little Bitch

12. Joji - Glimpse Of Us

13. Dove Cameron - Breakfast

14. Nessa Barrett - Die First

15. Muni Long/Saweetie - Baby Boo

16. Morgan Wallen - Wasted On You (DEBUT)


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Avril Lavigne/Machine Gun Kelly - Bois Lie: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. So they decided to collaborate together after those two collaborated with Blackbear. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. But definitely not as good as Love It When You Hate Me, but it's still phenomenal. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Avril's vocals were super phenomenal, MGK's vocals were also super phenomenal in his contribution, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was so heavenly. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Morgan Wallen - Wasted On You: I've been hearing this song a lot on The Highway. And I know he had Heartless with Diplo and Julia Michaels a couple years ago so that's why it's there. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. With my opinion on this song, the production was so amazing, Morgan's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was so phenomenal. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

29. Alec Benjamin - Devil Doesn't Bargain


3 - Decent:

28. The Kid Laroi - Thousand Miles

27. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song)


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

26. Sam Smith - Love Me More

25. Drake - Massive

24. Imagine Dragons - Bones

23. Tai Verdes - Sheluvme

22. Shawn Mendes - When You're Gone

21. Ed Sheeran/Lil Baby - 2step

20. Jack Harlow - First Class

19. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Me, Myself & I

18. Lizzo - About Damn Time

17. Marshmello/Khalid - Numb

16. The Weeknd - Out Of Time

15. Charlie Puth/Jung Kook - Left And Right

14. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking

13. Megan Thee Stallion/Dua Lipa - Sweetest Pie

12. Nicky Youre - Sunroof

11. Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand

10. Amelia Moore - I Feel Everything

9. Maneskin - Supermodel

8. Harry Styles - As It Was

7. Ava Max - Maybe You're The Problem

6. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug

5. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa/Young Thug - Potion

4. Leah Kate - 10 Things I Hate About You

3. Camila Cabello/Ed Sheeran - Bam Bam


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Lauv - All 4 Nothing (I'm So In Love)

TIE: 1. Halsey - So Good


Total Score: 140/150 = 93.3% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023