Nicky Youre (1) Week Of July 9, 2022

As far as the countdown goes, I actually thought that it looks super amazing. We do have yet another brand new #1 song on there, which was always a nice thing to see. And we also have some more interesting stuff that happened on there. But I'll get to all of those later on in this post. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Camila Cabello/Ed Sheeran - Bam Bam

Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand [DTHNOBx2]


Last Week's #1 Song: Hary Styles - As It Was

The Countdown:

#30. Beyonce - Break My Soul (DEBUT)

#29. Stephen Sanchez - Until I Found You (RE-ENTRY)

#28. Drake - Massive (#30)

#27. Amelia Moore - I Feel Everything (#29)

#26. Tai Verdes - Sheluvme (#28)

#25. Charlie Puth/Jung Kook - Left And Right (#27)

#24. Marshmello/Khalid - Numb (#24)

#23. Sam Smith - Love Me More (#21)

#22. Halsey - So Good (#26)

#21. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug (#19)

#20. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song) (#22)

#19. Alec Benjamin - Devil Doesn't Bargain (#25)

#18. Jack Harlow - First Class (#20)

#17. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Me, Myself & I (#12)

#16. Megan Thee Stallion/Dua Lipa - Sweetest Pie (#16)

#15. The Kid Laroi - Thousand Miles (#15)

#14. The Weeknd - Out Of Time (#9)

#13. Leah Kate - 10 Things I Hate About You (#13)

#12. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa/Young Thug - Potion (#18)

#11. Lauv - All 4 Nothing (I'm So In Love) (#10)

#10. Maneskin - Supermodel (#17)

#9. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking (#8)

#8. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend (#6)

#7. Imagine Dragons - Bones (#7)

#6. Ava Max - Maybe You're The Problem (#11)

#5. Ed Sheeran/Lil Baby - 2step (#3)

#4. Shawn Mendes - When You're Gone (#5)

#3. Lizzo - About Damn Time (#4)

#2. Harry Styles - As It Was (#1)

#1. Nicky Youre/Dazy - Sunroof (#2) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U (6 of 9 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm super glad to see Maneskin - Supermodel (+7) taking the biggest jump and into the Top 10 this week. This really deserves it! Now, let's see if it'll be in the Top 5 soon.

I'm not too thrilled to see 5 Seconds Of Summer - Me, Myself & I and The Weeknd - Out Of Time (-5) take the biggest drops this week. But I'm sure this is going to be the end of them.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Beyonce - Break My Soul: She has finally made her huge return on there this week. I've actually been enjoying some of her old songs especially when she was with Destiny's Child before she went solo. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. I've gone through my opinion on this song when it debuted the AT40 this week. The production was super amazing, Beyonce's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus is what I really enjoyed. Hopefully this should do well on there.


Stephen Sanchez - Until I Found You: I'm fine with this song coming back there. I didn't actually expect it to happen, but it actually did. Now, let's see how this one does on it's second run.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Ed Sheeran/Lil Baby - 2step: No, this song doesn't deserve to drop! Come on, he is a popular artist and I'm sure hoping that this doesn't drop out of here.

4. Shawn Mendes - When You're Gone: I'm glad to see this song move up. And I'm sure hoping that this should be in the Top 3 within the next week or so.

3. Lizzo - About Damn Time: I'm pleased to see this song back in the Top 3, but again I don't think it's ever going to hit the top spot on there. But let's see how long it will remain in there.

2. Harry Styles - As It Was: It dropped out of the top spot. But it still did had a phenomenal run on there. And I'm sure this is going to be staying in the Top 3 for a while because of how well it did.

1. Nicky Youre/Dazy - Sunroof: Wow, I didn't actually expect this song to be at the top spot, but I'm so pleased to see it in there. And now this has become his first ever #1 song on there! And yes, Hits 1 has now started to play the Dazy remix of it. Though this version is actually on the same level as the original one. But yeah, I'm pleased to see it at the top spot and let's see how long it should hold the spot.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Amelia Moore - I Feel Everything

2. Blackbear - The Idea (DEBUT)

3. Joji - Glimpse Of Us

4. Devon Cole - W.I.T.C.H. (DEBUT)

5. Jax - Victoria's Secret (DEBUT)

6. Muni Long/Saweetie - Baby Boo

7. DNCE - Got Me Good (DEBUT)

8. Tai Verdes - Sheluvme

9. Morgan Wallen - Wasted On You

10. Dixie D'Amelio - Someone To Blame (DEBUT)

11. Aespa - Life's Too Short

12. Conan Gray - Disaster

13. Dove Cameron - Breakfast

14. Saucy Santana/Latto - Booty (RE-ENTRY)

15. Charlotte Sands - Dress

16. Yung Gravy - Betty (Get Money) (DEBUT)


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Blackbear - The Idea: I feel like this was the first song that I've liked from him when he was a solo artist because I know this is a rock song and he really fits very well in this genre. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, Blackbear's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were super interesting, and I really enjoyed the chorus. Let's see if this should be on the countdown soon.


Devon Cole - W.I.T.C.H.: What I've found out about the title is that it's actually an acronym for "woman in total control of herself", which was super interesting. As far as the song goes, it's absolutely a phenomenal song. As for my opinion on this song, the production was super amazing, Devon's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were so nicely-written, and the chorus was super phenomenal. Hopefully this should make the countdown soon.


Jax - Victoria's Secret: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. I actually liked the music video for this song because I believe her daughter or the girl that she babysits with was featured in it but I really can't think of her name. But hopefully I'll find out who she is soon. But let's get to this song. As far as the song goes, it's also a phenomenal song. With my opinion on this one, the production was so phenomenal, Jax's vocals were super phenomenal, I'm definitely a huge fan of the lyrics, and the chorus was so heavenly. I'm sure hoping that it will make the countdown soon.


DNCE - Got Me Good: This is absolutely another amazing song. But definitely not as good as Move, but it's still amazing. For my opinion on this song, the production was super outstanding, Joe's vocals were so amazing, the lyrics were very nicely-written, and the chorus was super amazing. But yeah, this is such an amazing and fun song overall for me to listen to. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Dixie D'Amelio - Someone To Blame: She replaces herself once again on there. Gosh, she sure has been having a lot of Hit Bound dropouts lately. I get that the fact that she's actually a TikTok star or something. As far as this new song goes, it's also a phenomenal song and it's actually a step up from A Letter To Me. With my opinion, the production was super amazing, Dixie's vocals were so phenomenal and she shines very nicely throughout the song, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and the chorus was super phenomenal. But we know it's not going to be on the countdown because it's her.


Saucy Santana/Latto - Booty: It's so nice to see this song come back on there and out of the abyss. Now, hopefully this should have another chance to be on the countdown soon.


Yung Gravy - Betty (Get Money): This is actually a decent song. There isn't really anything interesting to say about it. Though the song does sample Rick Astley's 1987 hit song Never Gonna Give You Up which was the best thing, but this is still decent. With my opinion, the production and samples both sound super amazing, but Yung Gravy's vocals do not sound good here. But the chorus was decent and I really don't mind the lyrics here because they're still super nicely-written. But this is a decent song overall. I wouldn't mind seeing this go on the countdown soon.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

29. Alec Benjamin - Devil Doesn't Bargain


3 - Decent:

28. Stephen Sanchez - Until I Found You

27. The Kid Laroi - Thousand Miles

26. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song)


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

25. Sam Smith - Love Me More

24. Drake - Massive

23. Imagine Dragons - Bones

22. Tai Verdes - Sheluvme

21. Shawn Mendes - When You're Gone

20. Ed Sheeran/Lil Baby - 2step

19. Jack Harlow - First Class

18. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Me, Myself & I

17. Lizzo - About Damn Time

16. Marshmello/Khalid - Numb

15. The Weeknd - Out Of Time

14. Charlie Puth/Jung Kook - Left And Right

13. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking

12. Beyonce - Break My Soul

11. Megan Thee Stallion/Dua Lipa - Sweetest Pie

10. Nicky Youre/Dazy - Sunroof

9. Amelia Moore - I Feel Everything

8. Maneskin - Supermodel

7. Harry Styles - As It Was

6. Ava Max - Maybe You're The Problem

5. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug

4. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa/Young Thug - Potion

3. Leah Kate - 10 Things I Hate About You


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Lauv - All 4 Nothing (I'm So In Love)

TIE: 1. Halsey - So Good


Total Score: 138/150 = 92% (A-) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023