Nicky Youre (2) Week Of July 16, 2022

The countdown still looks good this week, although we did get rid of a song that was going to be in my Top 10 Songs of the year and we unfortunately replaced it with a piece of trash. But we're not going to think about it for now because I'm gonna get to it later on in this post. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Lauv - All 4 Nothing (I'm So In Love)


Last Week's #1 Song: Nicky Youre/Dazy - Sunroof

The Countdown:

#30. Joji - Glimpse Of Us (DEBUT)

#29. Drake - Massive (#28)

#28. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug (#21)

#27. Beyonce - Break My Soul (#30)

#26. Amelia Moore - I Feel Everything (#27)

#25. Megan Thee Stallion/Dua Lipa - Sweetest Pie (#16)

#24. Alec Benjamin - Devil Doesn't Bargain (#19)

#23. Tai Verdes - Sheluvme (#26)

#22. Halsey - So Good (#22)

#21. Jack Harlow - First Class (#18)

#20. Charlie Puth/Jung Kook - Left And Right (#25)

#19. Sam Smith - Love Me More (#23)

#18. Leah Kate - 10 Things I Hate About You (#13)

#17. The Kid Laroi - Thousand Miles (#15)

#16. Marshmello/Khalid - Numb (#24)

#15. Stephen Sanchez - Until I Found You (#29)

#14. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song) (#20)

#13. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Me, Myself & I (#17)

#12. The Weeknd - Out Of Time (#14)

#11. Harry Styles - As It Was (#2)

#10. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend (#8)

#9. Imagine Dragons - Bones (#7)

#8. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa/Young Thug - Potion (#12)

#7. Maneskin - Supermodel (#10)

#6. Ava Max - Maybe You're The Problem (#6)

#5. Shawn Mendes - When You're Gone (#4)

#4. Ed Sheeran/Lil Baby - 2step (#5)

#3. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking (#9)

#2. Lizzo - About Damn Time (#3)

#1. Nicky Youre/Dazy - Sunroof (#1) [2nd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Olivia Rodrigo - Good 4 U (7 of 9 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm okay with Stephen Sanchez - Until I Found You (+14) taking the biggest jump into the Top 15 this week. I'm still giving credit to that.

Megan Thee Stallion/Dua Lipa - Sweetest Pie and Harry Styles - As It Was (-9) have both taken the biggest drops this week. I actually did not expect the second one to do that though. But now it looks like they're on their way out of here.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Joji - Glimpse Of Us: So I actually remember him from Walking a few years ago, and he actually doesn't sound good in it. And now, after a few years off, he has made his return on there. Though I really have no idea what's going on with this song, but my gosh this song is garbage. The production was so bad, Joji's vocals were awful, I'm not really a fan of the lyrics, and my gosh the chorus was absolutely garbage. But yeah, this is not a good song for me to listen to overall. I'm really hope this doesn't do so well on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Shawn Mendes - When You're Gone: Oh gosh... can we please not let this song drop? I really would like to see it in the Top 3, but I'm not sure if it'll actually happen.

4. Ed Sheeran/Lil Baby - 2step: I'm glad this song is moving back up. Now, I'd like to see this song come back to the Top 3 and then get to the top spot. But I'm not sure if it'll happen though.

3. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking: I'm so pleased to see this song make it's debut in the Top 5 and into the Top 3 this week. This totally deserves to be in there. Now, let's see if it'll be at the top spot soon.

2. Lizzo - About Damn Time: I'm glad this song is coming back up, but again I don't think it's  ever going to hit the top spot on there. But maybe it might hold there or drop again.

1. Nicky Youre/Dazy - Sunroof: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm so pleased to see this song still in there. It really is an amazing start in his career. Now, let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Muni Long/Saweetie - Baby Boo

2. Duke & Jones/Louis Theroux/Jason Derulo/Amelia Dimz - Jiggle Jiggle (RE-ENTRY)

3. Charlotte Sands - Dress

4. Lizzo - 2 Be Loved (Am I Ready) (DEBUT)

5. Jax - Victoria's Secret

6. Amelia Moore - I Feel Everything

7. Blackbear - The Idea

8. Demi Lovato - Substance (DEBUT)

9. Saucy Santana/Latto - Booty

10. Calvin Harris/Justin Timberlake/Halsey/Pharrell - Stay With Me (DEBUT)

11. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Blender (DEBUT)

12. Dixie D'Amelio - Someone To Blame

13. Ellie Goulding/Big Sean - Easy Lover (DEBUT)

14. Dove Cameron - Breakfast

15. Conan Gray - Disaster

16. Future/Drake/Tems - Wait For U (DEBUT)


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Duke & Jones/Louis Theroux/Jason Derulo/Amelia Dimz - Jiggle Jiggle: This is actually a remix of the song. But this is still decent, and it's not really that much longer than the original one because they actually cut out Louis's verse for some reason. But I do like Jason's verses here because I think he sounds outstanding here. But this is still decent. Let's see if it'll come back to the countdown soon.


Lizzo - 2 Be Loved (Am I Ready): Since About Damn Time hit the Top 3 on there, we now have this song making it's debut on there. As far as the song goes, it's also an amazing song and it's actually a step up from About Damn Time. As for my opinion, the production was so amazing, Lizzo's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were so nicely-written, and the chorus was so phenomenal. Let's see if this should be on the countdown soon.


Demi Lovato - Substance: This is absolutely a phenomenal song and it's actually a step up from Skin Of My Teeth. With my opinion on this song, the pop-punk production was so phenomenal, Demi's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was definitely what I stand for. I'm sure hoping that this should be on the countdown soon.


Calvin Harris/Justin Timberlake/Halsey/Pharrell - Stay With Me: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. This is absolutely a heavenly song and this is definitely Calvin's best song ever. It's definitely a step up from Potion and Sam Smith's hit song from 2014 with the same title. And it's also way better than all of his other songs. With my opinion, the production was super phenomenal, Justin's vocals in the verses were so heavenly, Pharrell's vocals in the pre-chorus were also so heavenly, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a humongous fan of, and Halsey's vocals in the chorus were super heavenly. This is even going to end up in my Top 10 Songs of the year when it debuts the countdown. Hopefully it'll happen pretty soon.


5 Seconds Of Summer - Blender: We have now picked up a new single from them since Me, Myself & I is currently doing so well on there. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song and it's actually a little bit of a step up from Me, Myself & I. With my opinion on this one, the production was so amazing, Luke's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and I really enjoyed the chorus. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Ellie Goulding/Big Sean - Easy Lover: She has made her return on there since I believe Hate Me back in 2019. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song and this is definitely a step up from Hate Me. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Ellie's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were super nicely-written, the chorus was so heavenly, and Big Sean's rapping was so phenomenal in his verse. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Future/Drake/Tems - Wait For U: It was actually a few months late that this song has actually been picked up on there after it did so well on the Hot 100. But thank goodness it's no longer going to be the biggest whiff of the year. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song and it's actually a step up from Way 2 Sexy. For my opinion on this one, the production was super outstanding, both Future and Drake sounded so amazing in their verses, the lyrics were so interesting, and the chorus was super amazing. Let's see if this should be on the countdown soon.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Joji - Glimpse Of Us

29. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

28. Alec Benjamin - Devil Doesn't Bargain


3 - Decent:

27. Stephen Sanchez - Until I Found You

26. The Kid Laroi - Thousand Miles

25. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song)


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

24. Sam Smith - Love Me More

23. Drake - Massive

22. Imagine Dragons - Bones

21. Tai Verdes - Sheluvme

20. Shawn Mendes - When You're Gone

19. Ed Sheeran/Lil Baby - 2step

18. Jack Harlow - First Class

17. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Me, Myself & I

16. Lizzo - About Damn Time

15. Marshmello/Khalid - Numb

14. The Weeknd - Out Of Time

13. Charlie Puth/Jung Kook - Left And Right

12. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking

11. Beyonce - Break My Soul

10. Megan Thee Stallion/Dua Lipa - Sweetest Pie

9. Nicky Youre/Dazy - Sunroof

8. Amelia Moore - I Feel Everything

7. Maneskin - Supermodel

6. Harry Styles - As It Was

5. Ava Max - Maybe You're The Problem

4. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug

3. Calvin Harris/Dua Lipa/Young Thug - Potion

2. Leah Kate - 10 Things I Hate About You


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. Halsey - So Good


Total Score: 132/150 = 88% (B+) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023