AT40: Post Malone (4) Week Of October 29, 2022

So things are now starting to get even more spooky and scary as we are getting close to Halloween, so I hope everyone's been looking out for them! Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks so amazing, but we did get rid of a song that was going to be in my Top 10 Songs of the year, and of course it will forever be missed like always. But we do have some more great stuff that happened on there, but I'm gonna get to them later on in this post. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Halsey - So Good

Dove Cameron - Boyfriend

Lil Nas X - That's What I Want


Last Week's #1 Song: Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song)

The Countdown:

#40. Future/Drake/Tems - Wait For U (#29)

#39. Latto - Big Energy (#37)

#38. Black Eyed Peas/Shakira/David Guetta - Don't You Worry (#23)

#37. Jvke - Golden Hour (DEBUT)

#36. Macklemore/Windser - Maniac (#36)

#35. KX5/Hayla - Escape (#35)

#34. Blackpink - Pink Venom (#38)

#33. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug (#32)

#32. DJ Khaled/Drake/Lil Baby - Staying Alive (#33)

#31. Armani White - Billie Eilish (DEBUT)

#30. AJR - World's Smallest Violin (DEBUT)

#29. Doja Cat - Get Into It (Yuh) (#28)

#28. Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me (#31)

#27. Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God) (#25)

#26. Rosa Linn - Snap (#30)

#25. Marshmello/Khalid - Numb (#14)

#24. The Weeknd - Die For You (#26)

#23. Sam Smith/Kim Petras - Unholy (#27)

#22. Sia - Unstoppable (#24)

#21. Morgan Wallen - Wasted On You (#22)

#20. Stephen Sanchez - Until I Found You (#21)

#19. Jack Harlow - First Class (#18)

#18. Charlie Puth/Jung Kook - Left And Right (#10)

#17. Jax - Victoria's Secret (#17)

#16. Lil Nas X - Star Walkin' (#20)

#15. Nicki Minaj - Super Freaky Girl (#15)

#14. Lizzo - 2 Be Loved (Am I Ready) (#16)

#13. David Guetta/Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue) (#19)

#12. Yung Gravy - Betty (Get Money) (#13)

#11. Elton John/Britney Spears - Hold Me Closer (#11)

#10. Harry Styles - Music For A Sushi Restaurant (#12)

#9. Joji - Glimpse Of Us (#9)

#8. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking (#8)

#7. OneRepublic - I Ain't Worried (#6)

#6. Steve Lacy - Bad Habit (#7)

#5. Lizzo - About Damn Time (#5)

#4. Harry Styles - As It Was (#4)

#3. Nicky Youre/Dazy - Sunroof (#3)

#2. Doja Cat - Vegas (#2)

#1. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song) (#1) [4th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


The Kid Laroi/Justin Bieber - Stay (7 of 11 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm super duper pleased to see David Guetta/Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue) (+6) take the biggest jump. This totally deserves it! And I'm really hoping that it should be in the Top 10 very soon.

Black Eyed Peas/Shakira/David Guetta - Don't You Worry (-15) sure has been losing lots of airplay on the pop radio charts recently. And I'm sure this is going to be out of here within the next week or so.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Jvke - Golden Hour: ally have no idea what's going on with this song, but my gosh this song was definitely garbage. I remember when he brought us This Is What Falling In Love Feels Like earlier this year when it was a Hit Bound dropout, and I've been hating this song from which we all remembered. And now, we have this one, which is actually worse than that. For my opinion, the production was so bland, Jvke's vocals were so awful, the lyrics were so bad and they don't fit very well with the song, and my gosh that chorus was total garbage. This is definitely going to end up in my Bottom 10 Songs of the year. Hopefully this doesn't do so well on there.


Armani White - Billie Eilish: This is just a mediocre song. In fact, this song is not even 2 minutes long, it's actually over 1:30 which isn't really good. With my opinion on this one, the production was fine here, but the rapping doesn't sound good and I'm not really huge on the chorus. But the lyrics were still nicely-written I guess, so I'll still give credit to that. But this is a mediocre song overall. Let's see how far this one should get on there.


AJR - World's Smallest Violin: This is the only great debut we have this week. This song is actually from their 2021 album Ok Orchestra and it has gone viral on TikTok recently so that's why it's in there. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. For my opinion on this one, the production was so amazing, Jack's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was so phenomenal. Let's see how this one does on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Lizzo - About Damn Time: I actually thought that it was going to drop back out of here this week. But I'm still pleased that it's still in there.

4. Harry Styles - As It Was: Yeah I'm sure this song is probably gonna hang around in the Top 5 for a few more weeks longer at the very least mainly because of how well it did on there. Again let's see how long it will remain in there.

3. Nicky Youre/Dazy - Sunroof: Yes I'm sure this is definitely it's last week in there before being on it's way out of here. And I'm sure that it's going to start dropping and be on it's way out of here starting within the next week or so.

2. Doja Cat - Vegas: I'm still waiting for this song to get to the top spot. But I'm sure that it might do it very soon. I'm sure hoping I'm right.

1. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song): Holding the top spot for the 4th week in a row. Again I'm fine with this song still remaining in there, but I'm sure another song might take over the spot within the next week or so, but let's see if it'll stay in there or not.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Joji - Glimpse Of Us


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

19. Stephen Sanchez - Until I Found You

18. Lil Nas X - Star Walkin'

17. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song)

16. Yung Gravy - Betty (Get Money)


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

15. Lizzo - 2 Be Loved (Am I Ready)

14. Jack Harlow - First Class

13. Harry Styles - Music For A Sushi Restaurant

12. Lizzo - About Damn Time

11. Charlie Puth/Jung Kook - Left And Right

10. Steve Lacy - Bad Habit

9. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking

8. Nicki Minaj - Super Freaky Girl

7. Nicky Youre/Dazy - Sunroof

6. Elton John/Britney Spears - Hold Me Closer

5. Harry Styles - As It Was

4. Jax - Victoria's Secret

3. Doja Cat - Vegas


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. OneRepublic - I Ain't Worried

TIE: 1. David Guetta/Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue)


Total Score: 89/100 = 89% (B+) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

AT40: Miguel (6) Week Of July 8, 2023