Lizzo (1) Week Of October 22, 2022

As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it still looks great, but we did get rid of a song that's going to be in my Top 10 Songs of the year, and of course it will forever be missed like always. But we do have another brand new #1 song on there this week which was a nice thing, but I'm gonna get to it later on in this post just like what I always do. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Zedd/Maren Morris/Beauz - Make You Say

Lizzo - About Damn Time

Joji - Glimpse Of Us

Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down


Last Week's #1 Song: Charlie Puth/Jung Kook - Left And Right

The Countdown:

#30. Omar Apollo - Evergreen (You Didn't Deserve Me At All) (#30)

#29. Rosa Linn - Snap (RE-ENTRY)

#28. Beyonce - Cuff It (DEBUT)

#27. All Time Low - Sleepwalking (#29)

#26. Post Malone - Wrapped Around Your Finger (RE-ENTRY)

#25. Blackpink - Pink Venom (#23)

#24. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking (#22)

#23. Tate McRae - Uh Oh (#25)

#22. Jvke - Golden Hour (#24)

#21. Nicki Minaj - Super Freaky Girl (#21)

#20. Steve Lacy - Bad Habit (#20)

#19. Yung Gravy - Betty (Get Money) (#18)

#18. Stephen Sanchez - Until I Found You (#13)

#17. Doja Cat - Vegas (#16)

#16. Ava Max - Million Dollar Baby (RE-ENTRY)

#15. AJR - World's Smallest Violin (#15)

#14. Lil Nas X - Star Walkin' (#12)

#13. Panic! At The Disco - Don't Let The Light Go Out (#9)

#12. Sam Smith/Kim Petras - Unholy (#19)

#11. Halsey - So Good (#8)

#10. David Guetta/Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue) (#14)

#9. Marshmello/Khalid - Numb (#10)

#8. Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me (#7)

#7. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song) (#6)

#6. Elton John/Britney Spears - Hold Me Closer (#11)

#5. Harry Styles - Music For A Sushi Restaurant (#5)

#4. Jax - Victoria's Secret (#4)

#3. Charlie Puth/Jung Kook - Left And Right (#1)

#2. OneRepublic - I Ain't Worried (#3)

#1. Lizzo - 2 Be Loved (Am I Ready) (#2) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Ed Sheeran - Shivers (1 of 14 weeks at #1) [Here we go again...]


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased to see Sam Smith/Kim Petras - Unholy (+7) take the biggest jump. This totally deserves it! And I'm sure hoping that it should go to the Top 10 soon.

I'm fine with Stephen Sanchez - Until I Found You (-5) taking the biggest drop. But I'm sure that it might come back, but let's see what happens next to this song.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Rosa Linn - Snap: Yes, we only have 3 re-entries and only 1 debut this week, starting with this one. I'm so pleased to see this song come back in there. Now, let's see how this one does on there on it's second run.


Beyonce - Cuff It: This is the only debut we have this week. Since Break My Soul has been doing so well on the pop radio charts, we now have this song making it's debut on there. As far as the song goes, it's such a phenomenal song and it's actually a step up from Summer Renaissance. With my opinion on this one, the production was so phenomenal, Beyonce's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was so heavenly. Hopefully this should do well on there.


Post Malone - Wrapped Around Your Finger: I'm really not too thrilled to see this song come back in there. This totally does not deserve it! I seriously had enough of him. Hopefully this doesn't do well on it's second run.


Ava Max - Million Dollar Baby: I'm also super pleased to see this song come back on there. And I'm pretty sure that it's going to do better on there this run than on it's first run. Let's see how this one does on it's second run on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Harry Styles - Music For A Sushi Restaurant: Can we please let this song move up and not leave the Top 5? We know it's him, but I do know that not every song from a super popular artist has to hit #1 on there.

4. Jax - Victoria's Secret: I really have no idea how this song is still standing at that spot. I was waiting for it to go to the Top 3, but I'm not sure if it's actually going to happen though.

3. Charlie Puth/Jung Kook - Left And Right: It dropped out of the top spot. But it still did had an amazing run on there. And I'm sure this is probably going to hang around in the Top 3 for a little bit longer.

2. OneRepublic - I Ain't Worried: It's almost at the top spot! But again I'm not sure if it's actually going to be in there, but I'm really hoping that it should soon.

1. Lizzo - 2 Be Loved (Am I Ready): I'm so pleased to see this song at the top spot. I actually didn't expect it to be in there. And now, this is her second straight #1 song on there, which was amazing. Now, let's see how long it could hold the spot.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Maneskin - The Loneliest

2. Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero (DEBUT)

3. Blink-182 - Edging

4. Kenzie - 100 Degrees (DEBUT)

5. Mazie - Dumb Dumb (DEBUT)

6. Quinn XCII/Big Sean - Common

7. Rosa Linn/Duncan Laurence - WDIA (Would Do It Again) (DEBUT)

8. Ed Sheeran - Celestial (RE-ENTRY)

9. Sabrina Carpenter - Nonsense

10. 5 Seconds Of Summer - Best Friends

11. Beach Weather - Sex, Drugs, Etc.

12. Leah Kate - Hot All The Time

13. Waterparks/Blackbear - Fuck About It (DEBUT)

14. Havanna Winter - Heaven To Me

15. Cheat Codes/Russell Dickerson - I Remember

16. Avery Anna - Narcissist (DEBUT)


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. So she has put out her new album this past week, and of course this was one of the songs that was off it. As far as the song goes, it's absolutely a phenomenal song. With my opinion on this song, the production was so phenomenal, Taylor's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was so heavenly. And I'm sure that it's definitely going to debut the countdown next week because we know it's her. Hopefully this should happen.


Kenzie - 100 Degrees: This is also another phenomenal song and this is actually her first appearance on there. With my opinion, the production was super amazing, Kenzie's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and the chorus was super phenomenal. So yeah, overall it's such a phenomenal song for me to listen to. I sure would like to see this become the next One To Watch and hopefully this should make the countdown soon.


Mazie - Dumb Dumb: I assume that this is yet to be another TikTok song. But what's weird about this song is that it actually has only 1 verse because the song itself is 2 minutes long and the first 30 seconds of the song is a long intro. But this is still an amazing song for me. As for my opinion, the production was so amazing, Mazie's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were so interesting, and the chorus was so phenomenal. Let's see if this should be on the countdown soon.


Rosa Linn/Duncan Laurence - WDIA (Would Do It Again): Since we have Snap coming back on the countdown this week, this song has now made it's debut on there. As far as the song goes, it's also an amazing song. Though definitely not as good as Snap, but it's still amazing. With my opinion on this one, the production was so amazing, Rosa's vocals were super amazing, Duncan's vocals were so amazing in his contribution, the lyrics were super nice, and the chorus was so phenomenal. Let's see if this should be on the countdown soon.


Ed Sheeran - Celestial: I'm so pleased to see this song come back in there. This really deserves it! And I'm really hoping that it should have another chance to be on the countdown soon.


Waterparks/Blackbear - Fuck About It: Now the last time we heard from them was Dream Boy a couple years ago, and that was a song that I enjoyed back then. As far as this new song goes, it's also a phenomenal song and it's actually a step up from Dream Boy. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, the guy from Waterparks's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was so heavenly, and Blackbear's vocals were super phenomenal in his verse. Hopefully this should be on the countdown soon.


Avery Anna - Narcissist: I've been hearing this song before on The Highway. And I've noticed that she is actually one of the newest Highway Finds on there. And now, here she is with her first appearance on there. As far as the song goes, it's such a phenomenal song. With my opinion on this one, the production was so phenomenal, Avery's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and I really fell in love with the chorus. However, this did not do so well on the Highway Hot 30 so I'm sure this is going to end up becoming a Hit Bound dropout, but I'm hoping it doesn't.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Jvke - Golden Hour

29. Post Malone - Wrapped Around Your Finger


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

28. Omar Apollo - Evergreen (You Didn't Deserve Me At All)


3 - Decent:

27. Stephen Sanchez - Until I Found You

26. Lil Nas X - Star Walkin'

25. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song)

24. Yung Gravy - Betty (Get Money)


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

23. Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me

22. Lizzo - 2 Be Loved (Am I Ready)

21. AJR - World's Smallest Violin

20. Harry Styles - Music For A Sushi Restaurant

19. Blackpink - Pink Venom

18. Marshmello/Khalid - Numb

17. Charlie Puth/Jung Kook - Left And Right

16. Panic! At The Disco - Don't Let The Light Go Out

15. All Time Low - Sleepwalking

14. Tate McRae - Uh Oh

13. Beyonce - Cuff It

12. Steve Lacy - Bad Habit

11. Sam Smith/Kim Petras - Unholy

10. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking

9. Rosa Linn - Snap

8. Nicki Minaj - Super Freaky Girl

7. Elton John/Britney Spears - Hold Me Closer

6. Jax - Victoria's Secret

5. Doja Cat - Vegas

4. Ava Max - Million Dollar Baby


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Halsey - So Good

TIE: 1. OneRepublic - I Ain't Worried

TIE: 1. David Guetta/Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue)


Total Score: 132/150 = 88% (B+) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

AT40: Miguel (6) Week Of July 8, 2023