Sam Smith (1) Week Of November 12, 2022

Again I hope everyone's been having a great Veterans Day on Friday. I sure have, we really would like to thank our veterans for helping up support our country. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks super amazing. We do have another brand new #1 song on there this week, and that of course I'll get to it later on just like what I always do. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


All Time Low - Sleepwalking

Doja Cat - Vegas


Last Week's #1 Song: Lizzo - 2 Be Loved (Am I Ready)

The Countdown:

#30. Avril Lavigne/YUNGBLUD - I'm A Mess (DEBUT)

#29. Armani White - Billie Eilish (#30)

#28. Selena Gomez - My Mind And Me (DEBUT)

#27. Meghan Trainor - Made You Look (#29)

#26. Rihanna - Lift Me Up (#25)

#25. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking (#24)

#24. Beyonce - Cuff It (#18)

#23. Halsey - So Good (#27)

#22. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down (#28)

#21. Rosa Linn - Snap (#23)

#20. Charlieonafriday - Enough (#26)

#19. Elton John/Britney Spears - Hold Me Closer (#10)

#18. Marshmello/Khalid - Numb (#20)

#17. Stephen Sanchez - Until I Found You (#21)

#16. Nicki Minaj - Super Freaky Girl (#16)

#15. Jvke - Golden Hour (#15)

#14. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song) (#14)

#13. Charlie Puth/Jung Kook - Left And Right (#13)

#12. Steve Lacy - Bad Habit (#12)

#11. AJR - World's Smallest Violin (#11)

#10. Lil Nas X - Star Walkin' (#6)

#9. Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me (#9)

#8. Ava Max - Million Dollar Baby (#5)

#7. OneRepublic - I Ain't Worried (#7)

#6. Lizzo - 2 Be Loved (Am I Ready) (#1)

#5. Harry Styles - Music For A Sushi Restaurant (#2)

#4. Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero (#17)

#3. David Guetta/Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue) (#3)

#2. Jax - Victoria's Secret (#4)

#1. Sam Smith/Kim Petras - Unholy (#8) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Ed Sheeran - Shivers (4 of 14 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased to see Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero (+13) take the biggest jump into the Top 5 this week. I actually expected it to happen because I know Hits 1 is in love with her. And I'm sure hoping that it should be in the Top 3 and into the top spot within the next week or so.

I'm not too thrilled to see Elton John/Britney Spears - Hold Me Closer (-9) take the biggest drop. This does not deserve it! But hopefully it'll come back up soon.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Avril Lavigne/YUNGBLUD - I'm A Mess: The best countdown debut this week. This is absolutely another phenomenal song. But definitely not as good as Love It When You Hate Me or Bebe Rexha's hit song from 2018 with the same title, but it's still phenomenal. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Avril's vocals were super phenomenal, YUNGBLUD's vocals were also super phenomenal in his contribution, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and the chorus was so heavenly. Let's see how far this one should get on there.


Selena Gomez - My Mind And Me: This is actually from her documentary film, "A Year Without Rain" and the music video for this is for the song The Heart Wants What It Wants, which is a song that I actually hate in case you didn't know. But this is still a phenomenal song and it's actually way better than The Heart Wants What It Wants. With my opinion on this one, the production was super amazing, Selena's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were so interesting, and the chorus was super phenomenal. Let's see how this one does on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Harry Styles - Music For A Sushi Restaurant: No! I actually thought it was going to be at the top spot this week after last week's #1 song played before it. Can we please not let this song drop out of the Top 5 and be at the top spot soon? We all know it's him, and he's a no-stranger to the top spot on there.

4. Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero: Because of that biggest jump that it had this week, this song has now made it's debut in the Top 5. And again I'm so pleased to see it do that. And I'm hoping that it should go to the Top 3 next week and into the top spot.

3. David Guetta/Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue): Yeah I'm sure this song is probably gonna hang around in the Top 3 for a little bit longer at the very least. Let's see how long it will spend in there.

2. Jax - Victoria's Secret: Wow, I did not expect this song to be in the Top 3, but I'm so pleased that it managed to do it. And of course it's almost at the top spot, but I don't think it's ever going to hit the top spot on there. But we don't know yet for sure. Let's see if it happens soon.

1. Sam Smith/Kim Petras - Unholy: Oh my. I did not expect this song to be at the top spot, but I'm so pleased that it's in there! And of course, this is his first #1 song on there since Stay With Me back in 2014, which was actually so amazing. And now the 8 year wait is over as this song has made it's debut in the Top 5 and into the top spot this week. Now, let's see how long it could hold the spot.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Joji - Die For You

2. Ava Max - Weapons (DEBUT)

3. Bailey Zimmerman - Rock And A Hard Place

4. Rihanna - Born Again (DEBUT)

5. Meghan Trainor - Made You Look

6. Charli D'Amelio - If You Ask Me To

7. Louis Tomlinson - Silver Tongues (DEBUT)

8. Avril Lavigne/YUNGBLUD - I'm A Mess

9. Becky Hill/David Guetta - Remember

10. Benson Boone - Before You

11. Avery Anna - Narcissist

12. Tiesto/Tate McRae - 10:35

13. Sabrina Carpenter - Nonsense

14. Havanna Winter - Hollywood Forever

15. Regard/Drop-G/A-Sho - No Love For You

16. P!nk - Never Gonna Not Dance Again


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Ava Max - Weapons: We've now picked up a new single from her after Million Dollar Baby hit the Top 5 last week. As far as the song goes, it's definitely another phenomenal song. But definitely not as good as Million Dollar Baby, but it's still phenomenal. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Ava's vocals were pretty heavenly, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and the chorus was so heavenly. Hopefully this should make the countdown soon.


Rihanna - Born Again: This is another song from her that was taken from the new Black Panther: Wakanda Forever movie, which was actually so interesting. it's such another phenomenal song. Though definitely not as good as Lift Me Up, but it's still phenomenal. With my opinion on this one, the production was super amazing, Rihanna's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were super amazing, and the chorus was super phenomenal. And I'm sure it's going to be on the countdown when Lift Me Up leaves. Let's see if it'll be in there soon.


Louis Tomlinson - Silver Tongues: So he has put out a new album last week and of course this is one of the songs that was off of the album. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song and it's actually a step up from Bigger Than Me. With my opinion on this song, the production was so amazing. Louis's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were so nicely-written, and the chorus was so phenomenal. Let's see if this should be on the countdown soon.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Jvke - Golden Hour


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

29. Armani White - Billie Eilish


3 - Decent:

28. Stephen Sanchez - Until I Found You

27. Lil Nas X - Star Walkin'

26. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song)


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

25. Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me

24. Lizzo - 2 Be Loved (Am I Ready)

23. AJR - World's Smallest Violin

22. Charlieonafriday - Enough

21. Harry Styles - Music For A Sushi Restaurant

20. Marshmello/Khalid - Numb

19. Charlie Puth/Jung Kook - Left And Right

18. Meghan Trainor - Made You Look

17. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down

16. Beyonce - Cuff It

15. Steve Lacy - Bad Habit

14. Selena Gomez - My Mind And Me

13. Sam Smith/Kim Petras - Unholy

12. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking

11. Rihanna - Lift Me Up

10. Rosa Linn - Snap

9. Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero

8. Avril Lavigne/YUNGBLUD - I'm A Mess

7. Nicki Minaj - Super Freaky Girl

6. Elton John/Britney Spears - Hold Me Closer

5. Jax - Victoria's Secret

4. Ava Max - Million Dollar Baby


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Halsey - So Good

TIE: 1. OneRepublic - I Ain't Worried

TIE: 1. David Guetta/Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue)


Total Score: 139/150 = 92.6% (A-) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

AT40: Miguel (6) Week Of July 8, 2023