AT40: Taylor Swift (1) Week Of January 7, 2023

So 2023 is now officially here! Hopefully it'll be another amazing year of music. I'm looking forward to see what new music we have that's trending throughout the year. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks super amazing. We do have another brand new #1 song this week, and that's always a nice thing to see. But I'm gonna get to it later on in this post. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Joji - Glimpse Of Us


Last Week's #1 Song: Sam Smith/Kim Petras - Unholy

The Countdown:

#40. Harry Styles - Music For A Sushi Restaurant (#36)

#39. Joji - Die For You (DEBUT)

#38. Jack Harlow - First Class (#37)

#37. Ava Max - Million Dollar Baby (#40)

#36. Omar Apollo - Evergreen (You Didn't Deserve Me At All) (#34)

#35. Gayle/Blackbear - FMK (#35)

#34. Black Eyed Peas/Annita/El Alfa - Simply The Best (#38)

#33. Elton John/Britney Spears - Hold Me Closer (#25)

#32. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down (#33)

#31. Charlieonafriday - Enough (#32)

#30. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking (#27)

#29. Armani White - Billie Eilish (#26)

#28. Chris Brown - Under The Influence (#30)

#27. OneRepublic - I Ain't Worried (#24)

#26. AJR - World's Smallest Violin (#29)

#25. Tate McRae - Uh Oh (#28)

#24. Lizzo - About Damn Time (#22)

#23. Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze (#31)

#22. Selena Gomez - My Mind And Me (#21)

#21. Rosa Linn - Snap (#20)

#20. Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me (#23)

#19. Jvke - Golden Hour (#19)

#18. Stephen Sanchez - Until I Found You (#10)

#17. Rihanna - Lift Me Up (#17)

#16. Sia - Unstoppable (#14)

#15. Beyonce - Cuff It (#16)

#14. Nicky Youre/Dazy - Sunroof (#13)

#13. Morgan Wallen - Wasted On You (#15)

#12. Meghan Trainor - Made You Look (#18)

#11. Jax - Victoria's Secret (#11)

#10. Harry Styles - As It Was (#9)

#9. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song) (#8)

#8. Lil Nas X - Star Walkin' (#12)

#7. Doja Cat - Vegas (#7)

#6. Steve Lacy - Bad Habit (#5)

#5. The Weeknd - Die For You (#6)

#4. Nicki Minaj - Super Freaky Girl (#3)

#3. David Guetta/Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue) (#4)

#2. Sam Smith/Kim Petras - Unholy (#1)

#1. Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero (#2) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Adele - Easy On Me (5 of 8 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased to see Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze (+8) take the biggest jump this week. This really deserves to do it! And I'm sure hoping that it should go to the Top 20 very soon.

Elton John/Britney Spears - Hold Me Closer and Stephen Sanchez - Until I Found You (-8) sure has been losing lots of airplay recently. And yes, I'm sure that they're definitely on it's way out of here.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Joji - Die For You: Darn it... he replaced himself on there this week. This is definitely another garbage song. But definitely not as bad as Glimpse Of Us, but it's still garbage. For my opinion, the production was so boring, Joji's vocals were awful, I'm not really huge on the lyrics, and my gosh the chorus was just garbage. But yeah, definitely not a good song overall. I prefer The Weeknd's Die For You over this. Hopefully this doesn't do too well on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. The Weeknd - Die For You: I'm so pleased to see it in the Top 5. Although I wouldn't mind if this song goes to the top spot soon even though it was released in 2016. Let's see if it'll be in there soon.

4. Nicki Minaj - Super Freaky Girl: It dropped out of the Top 3. And yes, I'm sure that this song is never going to be at the top spot on there. But maybe it might be on it's way out of here.

3. David Guetta/Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue): I'm super pleased to see this song in the Top 3. And I'm sure hoping that it should go to the top spot soon. Although I'm not sure if it's going to happen, but hopefully it does.

2. Sam Smith/Kim Petras - Unholy: It dropped out of the top spot. But it still did had an amazing run in there for the rest of 2022. And I'm sure this is going to hang around in the Top 3 for a few more weeks longer at the very least.

1. Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero: I'm so pleased to see this song at the top spot. And this is also our first #1 song of 2023 on there which was definitely a nice thing to see. Now, let's see how long it could hold the spot.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Jvke - Golden Hour


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

19. Stephen Sanchez - Until I Found You

18. Lil Nas X - Star Walkin'

17. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song)


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

16. Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me

15. Morgan Wallen - Wasted On You

14. Meghan Trainor - Made You Look

13. Beyonce - Cuff It

12. Steve Lacy - Bad Habit

11. Sam Smith/Kim Petras - Unholy

10. The Weeknd - Die For You

9. Sia - Unstoppable

8. Rihanna - Lift Me Up

7. Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero

6. Nicki Minaj - Super Freaky Girl

5. Nicky Youre/Dazy - Sunroof

4. Harry Styles - As It Was

3. Jax - Victoria's Secret

2. Doja Cat - Vegas


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. David Guetta/Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue)


Total Score: 90/100 = 90% (A-) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023