Taylor Swift (8) Week Of January 7, 2023

So we are now officially in 2023. I'm really looking forward to see what new music we can discover throughout the year. Hopefully there should be more amazing songs! Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it still looks amazing and it's off to a great start for this year. There has been lots of more amazing stuff that happened on there, but again I'm gonna get to them later on in this post just like what I always do. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Unfortunately for the second week in a row, there are no songs leaving the countdown this week. I know it's because this is the first countdown of the new year. So, let's get right into the countdown.


Last Week's #1 Song: Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero

The Countdown:

#30. K. Flay - It's Been So Long (#27)

#29. Omar Apollo - Evergreen (You Didn't Deserve Me At All) (#26)

#28. Sabrina Carpenter - Nonsense (#29)

#27. SZA - Nobody Gets Me (#30)

#26. Beach Weather - Sex, Drugs, Etc. (#23)

#25. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down (#24)

#24. Charlie Puth/Jung Kook - Left And Right (#25)

#23. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin' (#28)

#22. Selena Gomez - My Mind And Me (#21)

#21. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song) (#22)

#20. Harry Styles - Music For A Sushi Restaurant (#20)

#19. Nicki Minaj - Super Freaky Girl (#17)

#18. OneRepublic - I Ain't Worried (#18)

#17. Beyonce - Cuff It (#19)

#16. Avril Lavigne/YUNGBLUD - I'm A Mess (#14)

#15. Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze (#15)

#14. Nicky Youre - Eyes On You (#13)

#13. Tate McRae - Uh Oh (#12)

#12. AJR - World's Smallest Violin (#11)

#11. Charlieonafriday - Enough (#10)

#10. Rosa Linn - Snap (#16)

#9. Ava Max - Million Dollar Baby (#7)

#8. Jvke - Golden Hour (#8)

#7. Jax - Victoria's Secret (#6)

#6. Meghan Trainor - Made You Look (#9)

#5. Sam Smith/Kim Petras - Unholy (#5)

#4. Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me (#3)

#3. David Guetta/Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue) (#2)

#2. Lil Nas X - Star Walkin' (#4)

#1. Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero (#1) [8th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Ed Sheeran - Shivers (12 of 14 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


It's so amazing to see Rosa Linn - Snap (+6) take the biggest jump back to the Top 10 this week. I totally did not expect it to happen, but I'm so pleased to see it do that.

I'm not really that thrilled about K. Flay - It's Been So Long taking the biggest drop. But what's also tied for the biggest drop was Omar Apollo - Evergreen (You Didn't Deserve Me At All), which I'm fine with and Beach Weather - Sex, Drugs, Etc. (-3) which I'm super pleased to see.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Sam Smith/Kim Petras - Unholy: Gosh, this song sure must be loving the Top 5 on there. But again it might be out of here very soon.

4. Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me: Although I actually don't want this song to leave the Top 3 again, but I'm sure this is probably gonna spend a few more weeks in the Top 5 at the very least.

3. David Guetta/Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue): At least it's still in the Top 3 even though it's dropping which is still great. But yeah, I don't think it's ever going to be at the top spot on there.

2. Lil Nas X - Star Walkin': I'm fine with this song being back in the Top 3. But again I don't think it's ever going to hit the top spot on there either. But maybe it might drop back out of here sometime soon.

1. Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero: Holding the top spot for the 8th week in a row. Gosh, this song sure has been doing super phenomenal on there. And now it only needs 6 more weeks to tie the record for the most weeks spent at the top spot. Now, let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Ava Max - Weapons

2. Coi Leray/DJ Smallz 732 - Players (DEBUT)

3. Alec Benjamin - Paper Crown

4. Dove Cameron - Girl Like Me (DEBUT)

5. Leah Kate - My Bed (DEBUT)

6. Lizzo - Special

7. Renee Rapp - Too Well

8. Lewis Capaldi - Pointless

9. Loud Luxury/Kiddo - These Nights

10. Joji - Die For You

11. Martin Garrix/Jvke - Hero

12. Jordi - Hate You

13. Raye/070 Shake - Escapism

14. Tiesto/Tate McRae - 10:35 (RE-ENTRY)

15. Kate Peytavin - Ever Fallen

16. Regard/Drop-G/A-Sho - No Love For You


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Coi Leray/DJ Smallz 732 - Players: This is actually the remix of it that they actually played on there. Though I could say that I actually liked the original one better than this, but this is still an amazing song. With my opinion, DJ Smallz 732's production was so amazing, Coi's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was so phenomenal. Let's see if this should be on the countdown soon.


Dove Cameron - Girl Like Me: This is actually a mediocre song. There really isn't anything interesting to say about it. Although the production isn't bad and the chorus was okay, but Dove's vocals still don't sound good and the verses to me feels like another Billie Eilish rip which sucks. So yeah, this is mediocre overall. I'll be okay if this one goes to the countdown soon. Let's see if it does.


Leah Kate - My Bed: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. Finally after she had loads of Hit Bound dropouts last year, we've finally picked up a new song from her. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. With my opinion on this song, the production was so phenomenal, Leah's vocals were pretty phenomenal, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and the chorus was so heavenly. But I'm sure it's probably not going to be on the countdown since she has lots of dropouts last year, but I'm sure hoping that it does.


Tiesto/Tate McRae - 10:35: I'm so pleased to see this song come back on there. I actually didn't expect it to happen, but thank goodness it did! Now, let's see if it'll have another chance to be on the countdown soon.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Beach Weather - Sex, Drugs, Etc.

29. Jvke - Golden Hour


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

28. Omar Apollo - Evergreen (You Didn't Deserve Me At All)


3 - Decent:

27. Lil Nas X - Star Walkin'

26. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song)


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

25. Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me

24. AJR - World's Smallest Violin

23. Charlieonafriday - Enough

22. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin'

21. Harry Styles - Music For A Sushi Restaurant

20. Charlie Puth/Jung Kook - Left And Right

19. Meghan Trainor - Made You Look

18. SZA - Nobody Gets Me

17. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down

16. Tate McRae - Uh Oh

15. Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze

14. Beyonce - Cuff It

13. Sabrina Carpenter - Nonsense

12. Selena Gomez - My Mind And Me

11. Sam Smith/Kim Petras - Unholy

10. Rosa Linn - Snap

9. Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero

8. Avril Lavigne/YUNGBLUD - I'm A Mess

7. Nicki Minaj - Super Freaky Girl

6. Nicky Youre - Eyes On You

5. Jax - Victoria's Secret

4. Ava Max - Million Dollar Baby


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. OneRepublic - I Ain't Worried

TIE: 1. K. Flay - It's Been So Long

TIE: 1. David Guetta/Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue)


Total Score: 136/150 = 90.6% (A-) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023