Year-End Special: Harry Styles - Year Of 2022

 So Hits 1 counted down their Top 30 Songs of the year. It sure has been quite an amazing year for music on there. And just like every radio station at the end of every year, they count down their Top 30 songs of the year based off of airplay. So now, I'm gonna go through their year-end list and I'm going to show my opinions and thoughts on every song on this list just like what I always do. Now, every week since there's 30 songs instead of 45, I usually do a Top 30 Review at the end of every post (but not when it's the AT40). And for this Year-End list, I'm gonna be doing it again just to make sure what grade Hits 1 had with music this year with one of the following areas:


Crap (0 Points)

Bad (1 Point)

Mediocre (2 Points)

Decent (3 Points)

Good (4 Points)

Great (5 Points)


Again it's very similar to a Top 20 Review which I've done back when there's 45 songs on there, but it's with 30 songs just to see how Hits 1 did with music this year. The total score will come out of 150, which I'm going to convert so that the score could be out of 100. They'll also be coordinated with a different color for each rank. There will be some minor changes that way every rank should be in a different color. So here's the color-coding code for this list:


Red = Crap

Turquoise = Bad

Yellow = Mediocre

Pink = Decent

Blue = Good

Green = Great


Purple and orange will also be on this rank for the best and worst songs on this list, and dark blue and dark red will also be on this rank for my Top 5 and Bottom 5 picks. Now, let's get to this year-end list. Remember, the parenthetical number for each song means that this song has reached it's peak. Not every song that peaked in the Top 10 or Top 5 has to be on this list, but a lot of them are. Now, we're ready to get to this year-end list. But before we get to the year-end list, here are last year's Top 5 songs.


5. Dua Lipa - Levitating

4. Machine Gun Kelly/Blackbear - My Ex's Best Friend

3. Tate McRae - You Broke Me First

2. All Time Low/Demi Lovato/Blackbear - Monsters

1. Billie Eilish - Therefore I Am


Now, here are the Top 30 Songs of 2022 according to Hits 1.


#30. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle (#3) [5; Great]

After rerecording her 2012 album Red, we finally have a song that has managed to make it in there. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song and it's actually a step up from Run. For my opinion, the production was so amazing, Taylor's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were so nicely-written, and the chorus was so phenomenal. So yeah, this is such an amazing song overall and I'm so pleased to see this song on this list.


#29. Ed Sheeran - Shivers (#1, 14 Weeks) [5; Great]

This song has actually broke the record for the most weeks at #1 earlier this year, which was actually so amazing. As far as the song goes, it's absolutely a phenomenal song and it's actually a step up from Visiting Hours. With my opinion, the production was super amazing, Ed's vocals were so phenomenal, those lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was super phenomenal and super fun. But yeah, this is such a fun song overall for me to listen to and this totally deserves to be in there. Although this shouldn't ranked higher than that because of how it did on the countdown, but I'm still pleased that it made it in there.


#28. Tiesto/Ava Max - The Motto (#4) [5; Great]

This is the very first song that's in my Top 10 Songs of the year to appear on this list. Now, as you all remembered, this song landed at #3 on my Top 10 Songs of the year. As for this song, it's definitely a super heavenly EDM song and this is definitely the best song that I've ever heard from him because he collaborated with a super talented singer. And of course it's also a step up from all of his other songs as well. With my opinion, the production was super heavenly, Ava's vocals were pretty heavenly, I'm definitely a humongous fan of the lyrics, and the chorus and drop both sound extremely heavenly. But yeah, overall it's such a super heavenly EDM song and I'm super pleased to see this song make it on there.


#27. Halsey - So Good (#7) [5; Great]

This was also in my Top 10 Songs of the year landing as my #6 song of the year. And this has got to be the best song that I've ever heard from her. It's way better than B.o.B.'s song from 2012 with the same title and all of her other songs. It's definitely a pretty heavenly song. With my opinion on this song, the production was pretty heavenly, Halsey's vocals were pretty heavenly, the lyrics were pretty heavenly, the chorus was pretty heavenly, everything on this song was pretty heavenly. So yeah, overall it's pretty heavenly and I'm super pleased to see it make it in there.


#26. OneRepublic - I Ain't Worried (#2) [5; Great]

Wow, 3 songs in a row in my Top 10 Songs of the year to appear on this list? That's so amazing! Now, this song has landed as my #5 song of the year. And of course I've been hearing this song a lot on Alt Nation. As far as the song goes, it's definitely another heavenly song and this is also the best song that I've ever heard from them. It's definitely a step up from all of their other songs. With my opinion on this song, the production was so heavenly, Ryan's vocals were super heavenly, the lyrics were so heavenly, and the chorus was super heavenly. But yeah, it's such another heavenly song overall and it totally deserves to be on this year-end list.


#25. Marshmello/Khalid - Numb (#3) [5; Great]

Now the last time those two collaborated was Silence back in 2017, and that was a song that Hits 1 should've picked up back then since it was an amazing song for me. As far as this song goes, it's also an amazing song. But definitely not as good as Silence, but it's still amazing. As for my opinion, the production was so amazing, Khalid's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were so interesting, and the chorus and drop both sound so phenomenal. So yeah, overall it's such an amazing EDM song and I'm pleased to see it in there.


#24. Jax - Victoria's Secret (#2) [5; Great]

This was actually the second year in a row that she has appeared on this list after becoming the One To Watch last year. Gosh, I've actually never seen any kind of artist do that before. And I actually liked the music video for this song because it actually features Chelsea Lascher, who has started her own YouTube channel last month. And I've noticed that she actually posts new videos every Sunday and in some of her videos, she always does some fun stuff with Piper Rockelle and the Piper Squad, which was actually so amazing. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Jax's vocals were super phenomenal, I'm definitely a huge fan of the lyrics, and the chorus was so heavenly. So yeah, overall it's such a phenomenal song and I'm pleased to see this song in there.


#23. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now (#4) [3; Decent]

Yes, this is just a decent song. Although I know it's from an artist that I really hate, but this is still decent. But there's still not much here that's interesting to say about it. With my opinion, the production was actually so amazing, though Post's vocals were awful here. But Abel's vocals were so phenomenal in his contribution and the chorus was just decent. But yeah, this is a decent song overall and I'm actually fine with this song in there.


#22. Tate McRae - She's All I Wanna Be (#5) [5; Great]

This is such another phenomenal song and it's actually a step up from Feel Like Shit and Uh Oh. As for my opinion, the production was super amazing, Tate's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was definitely what I stand for. So yeah, this is such another phenomenal song overall for me to listen to and it really deserves to be on this list.


#21. Imagine Dragons - Bones (#6) [5; Great]

This is absolutely another amazing song. But definitely not as good as Enemy, but it's still amazing. For my opinion, the production was super outstanding, Dan's vocals were so amazing, the lyrics were very nicely-written, and the chorus was super amazing. So yeah, this is such an amazing song overall for me to listen to. Too bad this should've hit the Top 5, but I'm still glad to see this song in there.


#20. Jack Harlow - First Class (#18) [5; Great]

Wow, I did not expect this song to make it on this list. Though I was actually surprised about that. And what I've also noticed about this song is that it uses some samples from Fergie's 2007 hit song Glamorous, which was actually so amazing. And I've also noticed that this song actually debuted at #1 on the Hot 100 which was super interesting. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. As for my opinion, the production was so amazing and fun, Jack's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were so interesting, and the chorus was so phenomenal and super fun. So yeah, this is amazing and fun overall and I'm pleased to see this song in there.


#19. Shawn Mendes - When You're Gone (#4) [5; Great]

This is absolutely another amazing song and it's actually a step up from It'll Be Okay. And the song also sounds very similar to In My Blood because there were a lot of stuff from the song that sounds similar to it, except the chorus is more poppy. With my opinion on this song, the production was so amazing, Shawn's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were super nicely-written and they're definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was so phenomenal. But yeah, amazing song overall and it totally deserves to be in there.


#18. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days (#3) [5; Great]

I've noticed that this song has become the One To Watch last year replacing Sueco's Paralyzed which was garbage, and that was actually pretty amazing because this is such a heavenly song. With my opinion, the production was super phenomenal, Mae's vocals were so heavenly, the lyrics were super nicely-written, the chorus was super heavenly, and Polo G's verse is so phenomenal. So yeah, this is such a heavenly song overall and it totally deserves to make it in there.


#17. Charlie Puth/Jung Kook - Left And Right (#1, 4 Weeks) [5; Great]

This is such an interesting collaboration because we have an American singer collaborating with a member from a Korean group. As far as the song goes, it's also an amazing song. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, Charlie's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were super nicely-written, the chorus was so phenomenal, and I really love Jung Kook's verse because I think he sounds super amazing in it. But yeah, this is such an amazing and fun song overall and it really deserves to be on this list.


#16. Ava Max - Maybe You're The Problem (#4) [5; Great]

It's such another phenomenal song. But definitely not as good as The Motto or Million Dollar Baby, but it's still phenomenal. With my opinion on this one, the production was so phenomenal, Ava's vocals were pretty heavenly, the lyrics were so interesting, and the chorus was so heavenly. Though I'm not really that thrilled to see Million Dollar Baby make it in there, but maybe next year it'll definitely be in there I hope. But yeah, this is such a phenomenal song overall and I'm pleased to see this song in there.


#15. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking (#1, 5 Weeks) [5; Great]

Though Music For A Sushi Restaurant has failed to be on this list, but the previous two songs from him have actually made it in there. Let's start with this one. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. But definitely not as good as As It Was, but it's still phenomenal. With my opinion on this song, the production was so phenomenal, Harry's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were super duper interesting, and the chorus was definitely what I stand for. But yeah, this is such a phenomenal song overall and I'm pleased to see it rank this high on there.


#14. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song) (#4) [3; Decent]

And here's the second one of those decent songs from him this year. Although I could say that this song is actually a step up from One Right Now, but it's still decent. With my opinion, the production was actually so amazing, but again Post's vocals were awful. But Doja's vocals actually sound pretty good in her contribution and the lyrics were still super nicely-written. Although the chorus here sound decent. But yeah, this is a decent song overall and I'm fine with this song ranking this high on there.


#13. Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed (#10) [5; Great]

This is actually her first ever appearance on there which was actually so amazing. And before this song was released, she has been on American Idol and I've actually been watching her perform on there and I thought her performances were so amazing. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. But definitely not as good as Flowers, but it's still phenomenal. The production was so phenomenal, Lauren's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was super phenomenal. But yeah, overall it's a phenomenal song for me to listen to and I'm so pleased to see this song in there.


#12. Latto - Big Energy (#7) [5; Great]

She has also made her first ever appearance on there. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. For my opinion, the production was so amazing and it actually reminds me of Doja Cat - Say So because it sounds similar to it, but this is actually a much better song for me because Say So was a decent song 2 years ago. But other than that, Latto's vocals were super amazing especially in her flow, and the lyrics were super nicely-written and the chorus is what I really enjoyed. But yeah, overall it's such a fun song for me to listen to and I'm so pleased to see it rank this high on there.


#11. Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti (#1, 5 Weeks) [5; Great]

This was also in my Top 10 Songs of the year, being as my #7 song. Although before this song was around, Perfect was my favorite from him. And now, this song is actually a step up from it and it's now my new favorite song from him and Perfect has now become my 2nd favorite. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a heavenly song. With my opinion, the production was so heavenly, Ed's vocals were super heavenly, the lyrics were absolutely heavenly, and the chorus was super heavenly. So yeah, overall it's such a heavenly song and I'm super pleased to see this song rank this high on there.


#10. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug (#2) [5; Great]

This is also her first ever appearance on there. Gosh, how many new artists from this year has made their debut on this list? And after I gave this song a first listen, I've found her yet to be another talented singer. And this is also yet to be another TikTok song, which was so interesting. As far as the song goes, it's definitely another phenomenal song. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Em's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was so heavenly and super fun. So yeah, this is such a phenomenal song overall and I'm so pleased to see this song rank in the Top 10 on there.


#9. Megan Thee Stallion/Dua Lipa - Sweetest Pie (#2) [5; Great]

This is absolutely another phenomenal and fun song. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Megan's verses were super phenomenal and she really flows super nicely here, I'm definitely a huge fan of the lyrics, and Dua's vocals in the chorus were so heavenly. So yeah, overall it's such a fun song for me to listen to and I'm also pleased to see this song be in the Top 10 on this list. This totally deserves it!


#8. Gayle - ABCDEFU (#4) [5; Great]

This was also her first ever appearance on there. And of course I've been hearing this song a lot on Alt Nation. And of course this song has also gone viral on TikTok which was interesting. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. With my opinion, the production was super amazing, Gayle's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were so interesting, and the chorus was super phenomenal. But yeah, overall this is such a phenomenal and fun song for me to listen to and this really deserves to rank in the Top 10 on there.


#7. Charlie Puth - Light Switch (#1, 1 Week) [5; Great]

He has made his return on the year-end list which was so nice. As far as the song goes, it's definitely another amazing song. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, Charlie's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus is what I really enjoyed. And what I've also noticed that every time when he says "Light Switch" in the song, there's an actual light switch sound effect (except in the final chorus) which was actually super interesting. But yeah, this is such an amazing song overall and I'm so pleased to see this song rank in the Top 10 on this list.


#6. Imagine Dragons/J.I.D. - Enemy (#1, 6 Weeks) [5; Great]

Although Hits 1 did edit out J.I.D.'s verse in the start but then they decided to not do it later on it's countdown run. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Dan's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were absolutely phenomenal and definitely what I'm a huge fan of, the chorus was so heavenly, and J.I.D.'s vocals in his verse were super phenomenal. So yeah, this is such a phenomenal song overall and it really deserves to rank in the Top 10 on there.


#5. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend (#2) [0; Crap]

I really have no idea what's going on with this song, but my gosh this song is so bad. And this is also her first ever appearance on this list, which is not good. There really is nothing good to say about it. With my opinion, the production was a huge mess, I do not like how raspy Dove's vocals were, the vibes were so weird, the lyrics are what I'm not a fan of, and the chorus was so awful. So yeah, definitely not a good song overall and I really have no idea how this song should rank in the Top 5 on there.


#4. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (#1, 3 Weeks) [3; Decent]

This is also another decent song. Though definitely not as decent as Industry Baby, but it's still decent. With my opinion on this song, the production was actually so outstanding, but again Lil Nas X's vocals were so bad. He really isn't a good artist. But the lyrics were still very nicely-written and I think the chorus was decent. But yeah, this is a decent song overall and I'm fine with tjis song ranking in the Top 5 on this list.


#3. Nicky Youre/Dazy - Sunroof (#1, 5 Weeks) [5; Great]

Though at the start of it's countdown run, they edited out Dazy's verse but then when it first got to the top spot, they actually added it in. And I've actually found this guy yet to be another talented singer after giving this song a listen for the first time. And now, here he is making his first ever appearance on there. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal and fun song. With my opinion, the production was super amazing, Nicky's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were super interesting, the chorus was super phenomenal and super fun, and Dazy's vocals were super amazing in his verse. But yeah, this is such a phenomenal and fun song overall and I'm so pleased to see this song rank in the Top 3 on there.


#2. Lizzo - About Damn Time (#1, 1 Week) [5; Great]

Although I wasn't happy that 2 Be Loved (Am I Ready) didn't make it on this list, but I'm sure that next year it will be in there. But as far as this one goes, it's definitely an amazing song. As for my opinion, the production was so amazing, Lizzo's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was so phenomenal. But yeah, this is such an amazing song overall and this totally deserves to be in the Top 3 on there.


#1. Harry Styles - As It Was (#1, 8 Weeks) [5; Great]

Here it is. The biggest song of the year. And this was also the 2nd time in 3 years that he has the biggest song of the year on there, which was actually so amazing. I know he has been a super popular artist. And of course I've also been hearing this song a lot on Alt Nation. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Harry's vocals were super phenomenal, I'm definitely a huge fan of the lyrics, and the chorus was so heavenly. So yeah, this is such a phenomenal song overall and it really deserves to be the top song of the year. What a year for him!


And there you have it. Those were my opinions on every song on this year-end list. And now, I'm going to do my Top 30 Review to see how Hits 1 did with music throughout the year. Now, I usually do a Top 30 Review at the end of every weekend countdown post. And this time, I'm going to be doing it again. So now, I'm going to be ranking the entire countdown based on the six ranks.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Dove Cameron - Boyfriend


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

29. Lil Nas X - That's What I Want

28. Post Malone/The Weeknd - One Right Now

27. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song)


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

26. Imagine Dragons - Bones

25. Charlie Puth - Light Switch

24. Shawn Mendes - When You're Gone

23. Jack Harlow - First Class

22. Taylor Swift - Message In A Bottle

21. Lizzo - About Damn Time

20. Marshmello/Khalid - Numb

19. Charlie Puth/Jung Kook - Left And Right

18. Tate McRae - She's All I Wanna Be

17. Harry Styles - Late Night Talking

16. Latto - Big Energy

15. Gayle - ABCDEFU

14. Imagine Dragons/J.I.D. - Enemy

13. Megan Thee Stallion/Dua Lipa - Sweetest Pie

12. Nicky Youre/Dazy - Sunroof

11. Harry Styles - As It Was

10. Jax - Victoria's Secret

9. Lauren Spencer-Smith - Fingers Crossed

8. Ed Sheeran - Shivers

7. Ava Max - Maybe You're The Problem

6. Em Beihold - Numb Little Bug

5. Neiked/Mae Muller/Polo G - Better Days

4. Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti

3. Halsey - So Good

2. OneRepublic - I Ain't Worried


6 - Best Song Of The Year:

1. Tiesto/Ava Max - The Motto


Total Score: 140/150 = 93.3% (A) [Great]


And that's all I have to say about it. I really hope you guys enjoyed reading this post. Overall, Hits 1 had a 93.3% in music this year, which was absolutely amazing. But definitely not as good as last year, but it's still an amazing year with music overall. Let's hope that 2023 will be another amazing year with music. Once again, I really hope you enjoyed reading this post. Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have about this post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023