AT40: The Weeknd (2) Week Of February 25, 2023

As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it still looks amazing, though we did get rid of another piece of trash which was always an amazing thing, however, we did pick up another bad song on there, which sucks. But we're not going to worry about it because like always, I'm gonna get to it later on in this post. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Joji - Die For You

Rosa Linn - Snap

Harry Styles - Late Night Talking


Last Week's #1 Song: The Weeknd - Die For You

The Countdown:

#40. The Kid Laroi - Love Again (DEBUT)

#39. Sia - Unstoppable (#37)

#38. Lil Uzi Vert - Just Wanna Rock (DEBUT)

#37. Lil Nas X - Star Walkin' (#25)

#36. Lonnie - One Night Stand (#38)

#35. Lizzo - About Damn Time (#33)

#34. Tyga/Jhene Aiko/Pop Smoke - Sunshine (#36)

#33. Nicky Youre/Dazy - Sunroof (#31)

#32. Beach Weather - Sex, Drugs, Etc. (#32)

#31. Sam Smith/Calvin Harris/Jessie Reyez - I'm Not Here To Make Friends (DEBUT)

#30. Doja Cat - Vegas (#27)

#29. Kane Brown/Katelyn Brown - Thank God (#39)

#28. Oliver Tree/Robin Schulz - Miss You (#29)

#27. Avril Lavigne/YUNGBLUD - I'm A Mess (#28)

#26. Coi Leray - Players (#34)

#25. Harry Styles - As It Was (#22)

#24. Tiesto/Tate McRae - 10:35 (#30)

#23. Steve Lacy - Bad Habit (#18)

#22. P!nk - Never Gonna Not Dance Again (#23)

#21. Sabrina Carpenter - Nonsense (#24)

#20. SZA - Nobody Gets Me (#20)

#19. Raye/070 Shake - Escapism (#21)

#18. Lady Gaga - Bloody Mary (#19)

#17. Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me (#15)

#16. Jax - Victoria's Secret (#14)

#15. Chris Brown - Under The Influence (#17)

#14. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down (#16)

#13. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song) (#11)

#12. Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze (#13)

#11. Nicki Minaj - Super Freaky Girl (#9)

#10. Jvke - Golden Hour (#10)

#9. SZA - Kill Bill (#12)

#8. Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero (#6)

#7. Beyonce - Cuff It (#8)

#6. Meghan Trainor - Made You Look (#5)

#5. Miley Cyrus - Flowers (#7)

#4. David Guetta/Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue) (#2)

#3. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin' (#4)

#2. Sam Smith/Kim Petras - Unholy (#3)

#1. The Weeknd - Die For You (#1) [2nd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Lil Nas X - That's What I Want (1 of 3 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


Kane Brown/Katelyn Brown - Thank God (+10) has started to gain some airplay on the pop radio charts this week, which I'm so pleased about. This deserves to take the biggest jump this week.

I'm fine with Lil Nas X - Star Walkin' (-12) taking the biggest drop. But I di know it's been losing some airplay recently so it might be out of here sometime soon.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


The Kid Laroi - Love Again: Of course he actually jacked the title of a Dua Lipa song from 2 years ago. Although I like Dua's song better than this one because this one is actually decent. There's nothing interesting to say about it. As for my opinion, the production I guess I would say is still outstanding, but again Laroi's vocals don't sound good here. He's just not a good singer in my opinion except in Stay. But other than that, I could say that the chorus was fine and I think the lyrics were still very nicely-written. But this is decent overall. Let's see how this one does on there.


Lil Uzi Vert - Just Wanna Rock: Oh god...he made his strange return on there this week. Now, I've actually been hating his music because he's such a terrible rapper. As far as this song goes, it's definitely garbage. There's nothing good to say about it. For my opinion, the production was so horrible, Uzi Vert's vocals were so terrible, and the chorus was absolutely garbage. Although I'll still give credit to the lyrics, because I think they're still fine. But this is not a good song for me to listen to overall. Rap music is definitely not my genre. Hopefully this doesn't do too well on there. NEXT!


Sam Smith/Calvin Harris/Jessie Reyez - I'm Not Here To Make Friends: This is the only great debut we have this week. Now the last time those three collaborated on there was Promises back in 2018, and that was a song that I've actually enjoyed back then. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. But definitely not as good as Gimme, but it's still amazing. But in this song just like in Promises, Jessie only has backing vocals again but this time with her saying "I need a lover" every time after Sam says it in the song. I actually wish she would sing in it, but not this time. But other than that, the production was so amazing, Sam's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were so nicely-written, and the chorus was so phenomenal. Hopefully this should do well on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Miley Cyrus - Flowers: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm so pleased to see this song in there. It really deserves it! Now, hopefully it'll go to the Top 3 soon.

4. David Guetta/Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue): It dropped out of the Top 3. Although it still did have a phenomenal run on there. But I'm sure it might leave the Top 5 very soon.

3. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin': I'm super glad to see this song in the Top 3. Although I actually didn't expect it to be in there, but I'm glad it managed to do it. Though I'm not sure if it'll actually go to the top spot, but let's see if it does soon.

2. Sam Smith/Kim Petras - Unholy: I'm still pleased with this song moving back up to that spot. But I'm sure it might get out of the Top 3 sometime very soon.

1. The Weeknd - Die For You: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm so pleased that it's still in there. And I'm sure this might spend a couple more weeks or so on there. Let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Jvke - Golden Hour


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

19. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song)


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

18. Chris Brown - Under The Influence

17. Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me

16. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin'

15. Meghan Trainor - Made You Look

14. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down

13. SZA - Nobody Gets Me

12. Raye/070 Shake - Escapism

11. Lady Gaga - Bloody Mary

10. Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze

9. Beyonce - Cuff It

8. Sam Smith/Kim Petras - Unholy

7. The Weeknd - Die For You

6. SZA - Kill Bill

5. Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero

4. Nicki Minaj - Super Freaky Girl

3. Miley Cyrus - Flowers

2. Jax - Victoria's Secret


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. David Guetta/Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue)


Total Score: 94/100 = 94% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

AT40: Miguel (6) Week Of July 8, 2023