Miley Cyrus (2) Week Of February 18, 2023

As far as the Super Bowl goes, I thought that it actually went amazing. I really had a blast watching it. The Chiefs have won it 38-35. Though I know the Eagles deserve better, but I'm still glad to see Patrick Mahomes get his 2nd Super Bowl title. And I thought Chris Stapleton did an amazing job on the national anthem. I thought he sounded so amazing in it. And Rihanna did a phenomenal job in the halftime show. She absolutely nailed it especially in her old songs. So yeah, this was an amazing game. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it actually looks so interesting. We do have some more interesting debuts and we also have an interesting Top 5 this week. But I'm gonna get to them later on in this post like what I always do. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me

Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero

The Weeknd - Die For You

Ed Sheeran - F64


Last Week's #1 Song: Miley Cyrus - Flowers

The Countdown:

#30. PinkPantheress/Ice Spice - Boy's A Liar (DEBUT)

#29. Renee Rapp - Too Well (DEBUT)

#28. Tyla - Been Thinking (#28)

#27. Gracie Abrams - Where Do We Go Now (#26)

#26. Lizzo/SZA - Special (DEBUT)

#25. Kane Brown/Katelyn Brown - Thank God (DEBUT)

#24. Coi Leray - Players (#30)

#23. Stephen Sanchez - Evangeline (#29)

#22. Mimi Webb - Red Flags (#23)

#21. The Kid Laroi - Love Again (#25)

#20. Raye/070 Shake - Escapism (#20)

#19. The 1975 - I'm In Love With You (#27)

#18. Avril Lavigne/YUNGBLUD - I'm A Mess (#16)

#17. Sam Smith/Calvin Harris/Jessie Reyez - I'm Not Here To Make Friends (#22)

#16. Beach Weather - Sex, Drugs, Etc. (#19)

#15. Sabrina Carpenter - Nonsense (#18)

#14. Fall Out Boy - Love From The Other Side (#21)

#13. SZA - Nobody Gets Me (#15)

#12. Meghan Trainor - Made You Look (#8)

#11. Tiesto/Tate McRae - 10:35 (#10)

#10. Jvke - Golden Hour (#8)

#9. Lady Gaga - Bloody Mary (#12)

#8. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin' (#7)

#7. Ava Max - Weapons (#14)

#6. SZA - Kill Bill (#9)

#5. Nicky Youre - Eyes On You (#5)

#4. Tate McRae - Uh Oh (#6)

#3. Charlieonafriday - Enough (#3)

#2. Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze (#2)

#1. Miley Cyrus - Flowers (#1) [2nd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Ed Sheeran - Overpass Graffiti (1 of 5 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm super pleased to see The 1975 - I'm In Love With You (+8) take the biggest jump to the Top 20 this week. This totally deserves it! And I'm really hoping that it should go to the Top 10 soon.

Although I'm not really that thrilled to see Meghan Trainor - Made You Look (-8) take the biggest drop, but I do know it has been losing some airplay on here so I'm sure it might be out of here soon.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


PinkPantheress/Ice Spice - Boy's A Liar: She has finally made her first countdown appearance after having lots of Hit Bound dropouts. And of course Hits 1 has actually switched to the version where it has Ice Spice in it, which I'm actually great with because she's yet to be another talented rapper. As far as the song goes, it's absolutely a phenomenal song. Though not as good as Where You Are, but it's still phenomenal. With my opinion, the production was super amazing, PinkPantheress's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were so interesting, the chorus was super phenomenal, and Ice Spice's vocals in her verse were so phenomenal. Let's see how this one does on there.


Renee Rapp - Too Well: The best countdown debut this week. She has also made her first ever countdown appearance on there this week. And I've actually known her before this song because I know she launched her career on Broadway appearing in Mean Girls back in 2019 as a teenager, which I think is super interesting. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Renee's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was pretty heavenly. Let's see how far this goes on there.


Lizzo/SZA - Special: So this is actually the title track from her album, which was super interesting. And this was actually the SZA remix that Hits 1 actually played last week when it re-entered Hit Bound. And of course I'm amazing with that because I like this version better than the original one. As far as the song goes, it's definitely another phenomenal song and it's actually a step up from 2 Be Loved (Am I Ready). As for my opinion, the production was super amazing, Lizzo's vocals were so phenomenal, SZA's vocals were pretty phenomenal in her contribution, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and the chorus was super phenomenal. Hopefully this should do well on there.


Kane Brown/Katelyn Brown - Thank God: So him and his wife decided to collaborate with themselves, and it actually turned out that they did. I think it's so interesting to se them do it. As far as the song goes, it's also a phenomenal song. I've gone through my opinion on this one before back when it debuted the AT40 this week. The production was super amazing, Kane and Katelyn both sound so phenomenal and they really have great chemistry here, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was super phenomenal. Let's see how this one does on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Nicky Youre - Eyes On You: Although I'm still waiting for this song to move back up, but I'm sure this might leave the Top 5 sometime soon. But let's see what happens next.

4. Tate McRae - Uh Oh: It debuted the Top 5 this week. I'm so pleased to see this song in there. This deserves it! Now, let's see if this should go to the Top 3 soon.

3. Charlieonafriday - Enough: I'm sure this song is probably gonna stay in the Top 3 for a couple more weeks longer and then be out of here. But let's see what happens then to it.

2. Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze: I'm still waiting for this song to be at the top spot. Come on, we all know who she is because she's been having a lot of #1 songs on there.

1. Miley Cyrus - Flowers: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm so pleased that it's still in there, but I do know since it first hit the top spot on it's 4th week in there, it's probably gonna stay in there for a little while longer. This could be her most popular song in her career. Let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Dove Cameron/Khalid - We Go Down Together

2. Niall Horan - Heaven (DEBUT)

3. Morgan Wallen - Last Night

4. Latto/Lu Kala - Lottery (DEBUT)

5. Bebe Rexha - Heart Wants What It Wants (DEBUT)

6. Lauren Spencer-Smith - Best Friend Breakup

7. Linkin Park - Lost (DEBUT)

8. Role Model - A Little More Time (DEBUT)

9. Zara Larsson - Can't Tame Her

10. Big Boss Vette - Pretty Girls Walk

11. Jvke - This Is What Heartbreak Feels Like (DEBUT)

12. Mae Stephens - If We Ever Broke Up (DEBUT)

13. Nessa Barrett - Bang Bang (DEBUT)

14. Charlieonafriday - That's What I Get

15. Jordi - Hate You

16. Patrick Martin - Dandelion Eyes (DEBUT)


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Niall Horan - Heaven: It's actually been quite a while since he last appeared on there. I believe the last time he was on there was 3 years ago when he collaborated with Ashe on the remix of her hit song Moral Of The Story, and that was a song that I've enjoyed back then. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, Niall's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was so phenomenal. Hopefully this should be on the countdown soon.


Latto/Lu Kala - Lottery: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. This is definitely the best song that I've ever heard from her and it's definitely a huge step up from all of her other songs. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a heavenly song. With my opinion on this song, the production was so heavenly, Latto's rapping in the verses was super heavenly, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a humongous fan of, and Lu Kala's vocals in the chorus were extremely heavenly. This is definitely going to end up in my Top 10 Songs of the year when it debuts the countdown soon. Hopefully it does soon.


Bebe Rexha - Heart Wants What It Wants: This is absolutely another phenomenal song. But definitely not as good as I'm Good (Blue), but it's still phenomenal. This is actually a bit different from every other song from her, but I really love that style from her. With my opinion on this one, the production was so phenomenal, Bebe's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and the chorus was so heavenly. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Linkin Park - Lost: Well after 6 years since the passing of Chester Bennington, we've picked up a song from them that was actually unreleased back in 2003, making it the 20th anniversary edition of Meteora, as it was currently being pushed to pop radio. As far as the song goes, it's definitely another phenomenal song. With my opinion, the production and instrumentation both sound so phenomenal, Chester's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and the chorus was so heavenly. Also, they still need to get a new member from the band since Chester died. But at least we still have Mike Shinoda, so he might take over for him sometime soon. But let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Role Model - A Little More Time: I really have no idea what's going on with this song, but this song is actually another garbage song. Now you've probably remembered back when I hated Going Out and Cross Your Mind, because those songs were not good either. He's just not a good artist in my opinion. For my opinion, the production was so boring, Role Model's vocals were so awful, I'm not really huge on the lyrics, and the chorus was definitely garbage. But yeah, not a good song for me to listen to overall. I'm sure hoping this doesn't debut the countdown. Let's just move on.


Jvke - This Is What Heartbreak Feels Like: This is also another garbage song. Although I could say that this song is not as bad as Golden Hour, but it's still garbage. He's also not a good artist in my opinion. As for my opinion, the production was so bad, Jvke's vocals were so horrible, I'm definitely not a fan of the lyrics, and my gosh that chorus was so terrible. But yeah, we definitely don't need this. Hopefully this doesn't debut the countdown as well. NEXT!


Mae Stephens - If We Ever Broke Up: I feel like this song has been going semi-viral on TikTok or something. As far as this song goes, this is also another phenomenal song. With my opinion on this one, the production was so phenomenal, Mae's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and the chorus was so heavenly. I'm sure hoping that this should be her first countdown appearance very soon.


Nessa Barrett - Bang Bang: Thank goodness she didn't make a song about death challenge even though she was still talking about death in the first 20 seconds of the song. But this is still a phenomenal song for me. With my opinion on this song, the production was super amazing, Nessa's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was super phenomenal. Though I'm not sure if it'll actually be on the countdown, but let's see if it does soon.


Patrick Martin - Dandelion Eyes: Wow, we've actually picked up another unknown artist on there? That's so interesting. Gosh, Hits 1 sure has been picking up lots of new artists recently. As far as the song goes, it's definitely another amazing song. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, Patrick's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were so nicely-written, and the chorus was so phenomenal. Let's see if this should be on the countdown soon.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Beach Weather - Sex, Drugs, Etc.

29. Jvke - Golden Hour


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

28. Stephen Sanchez - Evangeline

27. The Kid Laroi - Love Again


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

26. Charlieonafriday - Enough

25. Coi Leray - Players

24. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin'

23. Sam Smith/Calvin Harris/Jessie Reyez - I'm Not Here To Make Friends

22. Tyla - Been Thinking

21. Meghan Trainor - Made You Look

20. SZA - Nobody Gets Me

19. Raye/070 Shake - Escapism

18. Tate McRae - Uh Oh

17. Lady Gaga - Bloody Mary

16. Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze

15. Kane Brown/Katelyn Brown - Thank God

14. Sabrina Carpenter - Nonsense

13. PinkPantheress/Ice Spice - Boy's A Liar

12. Lizzo/SZA - Special

11. Renee Rapp - Too Well

10. Gracie Abrams - Where Do We Go Now

9. SZA - Kill Bill

8. Ava Max - Weapons

7. Avril Lavigne/YUNGBLUD - I'm A Mess

6. Fall Out Boy - Love From The Other Side

5. Miley Cyrus - Flowers

4. Nicky Youre - Eyes On You

3. Mimi Webb - Red Flags

2. Tiesto/Tate McRae - 10:35


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. The 1975 - I'm In Love With You


Total Score: 137/150 = 91.3% (A-) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

AT40: Miguel (6) Week Of July 8, 2023