AT40: Miley Cyrus (8) Week Of May 6, 2023

So the month of May is now upon us. And now I only have one more month left of my second year of college. I'm really looking forward to summer. Hopefully I'll do lots of fun stuff! Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks so amazing. We did get rid of another piece of trash which was a great thing, but unfortunately we replaced it with another bad song. But I'm gonna get to it later on in this post like what I always do. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Lil Uzi Vert - Just Wanna Rock

Jax - Victoria's Secret


Last Week's #1 Song: SZA - Kill Bill

The Countdown:

#40. NF - Happy (DEBUT)

#39. Meghan Trainor - Made You Look (#38)

#38. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song) (#36)

#37. Macklemore/Collett - No Bad Days (#37)

#36. Zara Larsson - Can't Tame Her (#31)

#35. Nicki Minaj - Super Freaky Girl (#34)

#34. XG - Left Right (#33)

#33. Halsey - Die 4 Me (#27)

#32. P!nk - Trustfall (#32)

#31. Bebe Rexha - Heart Wants What It Wants (#28)

#30. Jonas Brothers - Waffle House (#25)

#29. Taylor Swift - All Of The Girls You Loved Before (#30)

#28. Toosii - Favorite Song (#29)

#27. Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero (#25)

#26. Post Malone - Chemical (DEBUT)

#25. Jax - Cinderella Snapped (#26)

#24. Chris Brown - Under The Influence (#22)

#23. Meghan Trainor - Mother (#24)

#22. Miley Cyrus - River (#19)

#21. Niall Horan - Heaven (#23)

#20. Kane Brown/Katelyn Brown - Thank God (#20)

#19. Latto/Lu Kala - Lottery (#18)

#18. David Guetta/Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue) (#16)

#17. Morgan Wallen - Last Night (#21)

#16. Sam Smith/Kim Petras - Unholy (#14)

#15. Sabrina Carpenter - Nonsense (#17)

#14. The Kid Laroi - Love Again (#13)

#13. Lizzo/SZA - Special (#15)

#12. Lady Gaga - Bloody Mary (#11)

#11. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed (#12)

#10. PinkPantheress - Boy's A Liar (#10)

#9. Coi Leray - Players (#9)

#8. Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze (#8)

#7. Raye/070 Shake - Escapism (#6)

#6. The Weeknd - Die For You (#5)

#5. Miguel - Sure Thing (#7)

#4. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin' (#3)

#3. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down (#4)

#2. SZA - Kill Bill (#1)

#1. Miley Cyrus - Flowers (#2) [8th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Latto - Big Energy (2nd and final week at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased to see Jonas Brothers - Waffle House (+5) gain lots of airplay this week and for taking the biggest jump to the Top 30. What a big week for them! Now, hopefully it'll go to the Top 20 soon.

I'm not too thrilled about Halsey - Die 4 Me (-6) taking the biggest drop. This does not deserve it! But I'm sure hoping it should move back up sometime soon, but I don't think it's ever going to happen.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


NF - Happy: He has made his first appearance on there since Time back in late 2019, and that was a song that I actually enjoyed back then. As far as the song goes, it's definitely not as good as Just Like You or Pharrell's 2014 hit song with the same title, but it's still amazing. For my opinion on this one, the production was so amazing, his vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were so nicely-written, and the chorus was so phenomenal. Let's see how this one does on there.


Post Malone - Chemical: Oh god... not more of him! So he has put out a new single last week, but he shouldn't have done that because of course this song is garbage. And yes, I know you guys saw that one coming because I really hate him and his music. With my opinion, the production doesn't sound good at all, Post's vocals were so awful, and the chorus was absolutely garbage. But the lyrics were still fine, so I'll still give credit to them. But this is definitely not a good song overall. But I'm sure it's going to do well on here because it's him. But I'm sure hoping it doesn't.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Miguel - Sure Thing: I'm so pleased to see this song debut the Top 5 this week. This really deserves it even though it's way too old to be in there. Now, let's see if it'll go to the Top 3 soon.

4. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin': It dropped out of the Top 3. I actually expected it to happen. And I'm sure this is going to be out of the Top 5 very soon.

3. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down: I'm so pleased to see this song in the Top 3. Although I'm not sure if it'll actually go to the top spot, but let's see if it does soon.

2. SZA - Kill Bill: It dropped out of the top spot. But it still had an amazing run in there for a couple weeks. And I'd like it to stay in the Top 3 for a few more weeks longer at the very least.

1. Miley Cyrus - Flowers: Wow, I did not expect this song to come back to the top spot, but I'm so pleased that it managed to do it! Gosh, this song sure has been getting super popular everywhere. Now, let's see how long it'll remain in there on it's second run.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

None


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

20. The Kid Laroi - Love Again


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

19. Coi Leray - Players

18. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin'

17. Miguel - Sure Thing

16. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down

15. Ed Sheran - Eyes Closed

14. Raye/070 Shake - Escapism

13. Lady Gaga - Bloody Mary

12. Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze

11. Kane Brown/Katelyn Brown - Thank God

10. Sabrina Carpenter - Nonsense

9. Morgan Wallen - Last Night

8. PinkPantheress - Boy's A Liar

7. Sam Smith/Kim Petras - Unholy

6. Lizzo/SZA - Special

5. The Weeknd - Die For You

4. SZA - Kill Bill

3. Miley Cyrus - Flowers


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Latto/Lu Kala - Lottery

TIE: 1. David Guetta/Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue)


Total Score: 100/100 = 100% (A) [Awesome]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023