AT40: Miley Cyrus (9) Week Of May 13, 2023

I hope everyone's been having a great Mother's Day weekend. So far mine is going great, I'm gonna be having brunch on that day, so hopefully it'll be delicious! Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks so phenomenal. We do have one debut this week that was going to be in my top songs of the year, but I'm gonna get to it later on in this post like what I always do. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Miley Cyrus - River

Bebe Rexha - Heart Wants What It Wants

Halsey - Die 4 Me


Last Week's #1 Song: Miley Cyrus - Flowers

The Countdown:

#40. Meghan Trainor - Made You Look (#39)

#39. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song) (#38)

#38. Macklemore/Collett - No Bad Days (#37)

#37. Taylor Swift - All Of The Girls You Loved Before (#29)

#36. Nicki Minaj - Super Freaky Girl (#35)

#35. David Guetta/Anne-Marie/Coi Leray - Baby Don't Hurt Me (DEBUT)

#34. The Weeknd/Future - Double Fantasy (DEBUT)

#33. XG - Left Right (#34)

#32. Zara Larsson - Can't Tame Her (#36)

#31. P!nk - Trustfall (#32)

#30. Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero (#27)

#29. Miley Cyrus - Jaded (DEBUT)

#28. Niall Horan - Heaven (#21)

#27. Latto/Lu Kala - Lottery (#19)

#26. Chris Brown - Under The Influence (#24)

#25. NF - Happy (#40)

#24. Jax - Cinderella Snapped (#25)

#23. The Kid Laroi - Love Again (#14)

#22. Meghan Trainor - Mother (#23)

#21. Jonas Brothers - Waffle House (#30)

#20. David Guetta/Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue) (#18)

#19. Lizzo/SZA - Special (#13)

#18. Toosii - Favorite Song (#28)

#17. Sam Smith/Kim Petras - Unholy (#16)

#16. Kane Brown/Katelyn Brown - Thank God (#20)

#15. Lady Gaga - Bloody Mary (#12)

#14. Morgan Wallen - Last Night (#17)

#13. Post Malone - Chemical (#26)

#12. Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze (#8)

#11. Sabrina Carpenter - Nonsense (#15)

#10. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed (#11)

#9. Coi Leray - Players (#9)

#8. Raye/070 Shake - Escapism (#7)

#7. PinkPantheress - Boy's A Liar (#10)

#6. The Weeknd - Die For You (#6)

#5. Miguel - Sure Thing (#5)

#4. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin' (#4)

#3. SZA - Kill Bill (#2)

#2. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down (#3)

#1. Miley Cyrus - Flowers (#1) [9th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Imagine Dragons - Enemy (1 of 2 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased to see NF - Happy (+15) gain some airplay on the pop radio charts this week. What a big week for him! And I'm sure hoping it'll go to the Top 20 soon.

I'm okay with The Kid Laroi - Love Again (-9) taking the biggest drop. I know it has been losing some airplay recently so I'm sure it's going to be out of here soon.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


David Guetta/Anne-Marie/Coi Leray - Baby Don't Hurt Me: The best debut this week. So those two collaborated again for the first time since Don't Leave Me Alone back in 2018, and that was a song that I've really enjoyed in which you remembered. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a heavenly EDM song. Though definitely not as good as I'm Good (Blue), but it's still heavenly. And this is actually the second time that he sampled an old hit song, this time it's What Is Love from Haddaway. Gosh, I feel like he really loves sampling old songs in his music. With my opinion on this song, the production was so heavenly, Anne-Marie's vocals were super heavenly, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a humongous fan of, and the chorus and drop were extremely heavenly. This is definitely going to end up in my Top 10 Songs of the year. Hopefully it'll become a hit on there.


The Weeknd/Future - Double Fantasy: What I've noticed about this song is that it actually has an extended intro, but the radio edit version of it decided to cut it out so that way the song won't be so long. I think it's so interesting to me. As far as the song goes, it's definitely another phenomenal song. But definitely not as good as Die For You, but it's still phenomenal. With my opinion, the synth-heavy production was so phenomenal, Abel's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were super interesting, the chorus was so heavenly, and Future's rapping in his verse was super phenomenal. Hopefully this should do well on there.


Miley Cyrus - Jaded: Since River left, we now have this song debuting on there replacing it. As far as the song goes, it's definitely another phenomenal song. But definitely not as good as River, but it's still phenomenal. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Miley's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were so nicely-written, and the chorus was so heavenly. Let's see how far this one gets on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Miguel - Sure Thing: I'm still waiting for this song to move up and get to the Top 3. But I'm sure hoping that it should do it within the next week or so.

4. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin': Yeah I'm sure this song is going to leave the Top 5 very soon. Maybe it should spend at least a couple more weeks in there and then be out of here.

3. SZA - Kill Bill: I feel like this song is about to leave the Top 3 pretty soon. But it still had a very nice run in there, but it's always nice to see new music in there rather than the same music.

2. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down: It's almost at the top spot! But again I'm not sure if it'll actually be in there, but can this be his first ever #1 song on there? We're gonna have to find out.

1. Miley Cyrus - Flowers: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. Never in my wildest dreams how has this song been getting more and more popular recently? This might end up being the biggest song of the year on there because of how well it did. Now, let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Post Malone - Chemical


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

19. Toosii - Favorite Song


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

18. Coi Leray - Players

17. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin'

16. Miguel - Sure Thing

15. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down

14. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed

13. Raye/070 Shake - Escapism

12. Lady Gaga - Bloody Mary

11. Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze

10. Kane Brown/Katelyn Brown - Thank God

9. Sabrina Carpenter - Nonsense

8. Morgan Wallen - Last Night

7. PinkPantheress - Boy's A Liar

6. Sam Smith/Kim Petras - Unholy

5. Lizzo/SZA - Special

4. The Weeknd - Die For You

3. SZA - Kill Bill

2. Miley Cyrus - Flowers


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. David Guetta/Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue)


Total Score: 94/100 = 94% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023