Tiesto (5) Week Of April 22, 2023

As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it still looks amazing, however we did get rid of a song that was going to be in my Top 10 Songs of this year, and of course it will forever be missed. And unfortunately we're back to having bad songs on there because of one of our debuts this week. But I'm gonna get to it later on in this post like what I always do. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


The 1975 - I'm In Love With You

Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin'

Miley Cyrus - River

NF - Happy


Last Week's #1 Song: Tiesto/Tate McRae - 10:35

The Countdown:

#30. Toosii - Favorite Song (DEBUT)

#29. Miley Cyrus - Jaded (DEBUT)

#28. Lewis Capaldi - Wish You The Best (DEBUT)

#27. Meghan Trainor - Mother (#28)

#26. Post Malone - Chemical (DEBUT)

#25. Jonas Brothers - Waffle House (#29)

#24. Miguel - Sure Thing (#27)

#23. Taylor Swift - All Of The Girls You Loved Before (#23)

#22. PinkPantheress/Ice Spice - Boy's A Liar (#21)

#21. Lizzy McAlpine - Ceilings (#26)

#20. Coi Leray - Players (#16)

#19. Gracie Abrams - I Know It Won't Work (#22)

#18. Charlie Puth/Dan + Shay - That's Not How This Works (#24)

#17. Jax - Cinderella Snapped (#20)

#16. Kane Brown/Katelyn Brown - Thank God (#19)

#15. Raye/070 Shake - Escapism (#6)

#14. Miley Cyrus - Flowers (#8)

#13. SZA - Nobody Gets Me (#14)

#12. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed (#12)

#11. Sabrina Carpenter - Nonsense (#7)

#10. The Kid Laroi - Love Again (#10)

#9. Lady Gaga - Bloody Mary (#9)

#8. Fall Out Boy - Love From The Other Side (#17)

#7. Lizzo/SZA - Special (#11)

#6. Halsey - Die 4 Me (#13)

#5. SZA - Kill Bill (#4)

#4. Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze (#5)

#3. Latto/Lu Kala - Lottery (#2)

#2. Niall Horan - Heaven (#3)

#1. Tiesto/Tate McRae - 10:35 (#1) [5th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Imagine Dragons/J.I.D. - Enemy (4 of 6 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased to see Fall Out Boy - Love From The Other Side (+9) take the biggest jump to the Top 10 this week. This totally deserves it! Now, hopefully this song should go to the Top 5 soon.

I'm not too thrilled about Raye/070 Shake - Escpaism (-9) take the biggest drop. I thought this song has a chance to go to the Top 5, but no. But I'm sure it might be out of here soon.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Toosii - Favorite Song: This is just a decent song. There really isn't anything interesting to say about it. Now, I've gone through my opinion on this one when it debuted the AT40 this week. I'm not really huge on the production here, and it doesn't really have much of a chorus. But Toosii's vocals were actually solid here and I don't really mind the lyrics here, because I think they're still very nicely-written. But this is still decent overall. Let's see how this one does on there.


Miley Cyrus - Jaded: She replaces herself on there this week. As far as this new song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. But definitely not as good as River, but it's still phenomenal. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Miley's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were so nicely-written, and the chorus was so heavenly. But I do know River is still gaining some airplay so it might come back to the countdown sometime soon. But in the meantime, let's see how far this one gets on there.


Lewis Capaldi - Wish You The Best: Well after How I'm Feeling Now failed to be on the countdown, we now have this song entering here. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song and it's actually a step up from How I'm Feeling Now. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, Lewis's vocals were super amazing, I'm definitely a huge fan of the lyrics, and the chorus was so phenomenal. Hopefully this should do well on there.


Post Malone - Chemical: Oh no... not more of his music! So he recently put out a new single this past week, but he shouldn't have done that because of course this song is garbage. There's absolutely nothing good about it. With my opinion, the production doesn't sound good at all, Post's vocals were so awful, and the chorus was absolutely garbage. But the lyrics here were still fine, so I'll still give credit to that. But overall, it's definitely not a good song for me to listen to. Hopefully this doesn't do too well on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. SZA - Kill Bill: Well it looks like it's about to be out of here. And I'm sure it'll be out of the Top 5 within the next week or so.

4. Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze: I'm pleased to see this song move back up, but again I'm sure this song is going to leave the Top 5 next week or so.

3. Latto/Lu Kala - Lottery: Well it's dropping even though I don't want it to do it. But again I don't think this song is ever going to hit the top spot in there. But maybe it might leave the Top 3 very soon.

2. Niall Horan - Heaven: It's almost at the top spot! Now, can this be the return of him at the top spot? We're gonna have to find out. Let's see if it'll be at the top spot soon.

1. Tiesto/Tate McRae - 10:35: Holding the top spot for the 5th week in a row. I'm so pleased that it's still in there, but I'm sure another song might take over it next week. But let's see if it'll stay in there or not.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Melanie Martinez - Void

2. The Weeknd/Future - Double Fantasy (DEBUT)

3. Lauren Spencer-Smith/Gayle/Em Beihold - Fantasy

4. Kim Petras/Nicki Minaj - Alone (DEBUT)

5. Raye/Coi Leray - Flip A Switch (DEBUT)

6. Bazzi - Eyes

7. Fifty Fifty - Cupid (DEBUT)

8. Rita Ora/Fatboy Slim - Praising You (DEBUT)

9. Drake - Search And Rescue

10. AJR - The Dumb Song (DEBUT)

11. XG - Left Right (DEBUT)

12. JP Saxe - I Don't Miss You

13. Dominic Fike - Dancing In The Courthouse (DEBUT)

14. Labrinth/Billie Eilish - Never Felt So Alone

15. Maisie Peters - Lost The Breakup

16. Nicki Minaj - Red Ruby Da Sleeze


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


The Weeknd/Future - Double Fantasy: This is absolutely another phenomenal song. But definitely not as good as Die For You, but it's still phenomenal. And what I've noticed about this song is that it actually has an extended intro, but the radio edit version of it actually cut it out so that way the song won't be so long. To me, I think it's so interesting. With my opinion, the synth-heavy production was so phenomenal, Abel's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were super interesting, the chorus was so heavenly, and Future's rapping in his verse was super phenomenal. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Kim Petras/Nicki Minaj - Alone: After Brrr dropped out of Hit Bound 3 months ago, we've now picked up a new single from her. As far as the song goes, it's absolutely another phenomenal song. But definitely not as good as Brrr, but it's still phenomenal. With my opinion on this one, the production was super amazing, Kim's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were so interesting, the chorus was super phenomenal, and Nicki's rapping in her verse was super phenomenal. Hopefully it'll make the countdown soon.


Raye/Coi Leray - Flip A Switch: Since Escapism has been doing so well on the pop radio charts, this song has now made it's debut on there. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song and it's actually a step up from Escapism. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Raye's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were super interesting, the chorus was so heavenly, and Coi's rapping in her verse was super phenomenal. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Fifty Fifty - Cupid: Wow, another K-Pop girl group band making their debut on there? That's so amazing! As far as the song goes, it's absolutely a phenomenal song. With my opinion on this song, the production was so phenomenal, these girls all sound super phenomenal, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was so heavenly. But I'm not sure if it'll actually make the countdown, but let's see if it does soon.


Rita Ora/Fatboy Slim - Praising You: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. So it's another remake of an old song and it was actually Fatboy Slim's own song Praise You, which I think is super interesting. As far as the song goes, it's absolutely another phenomenal song and it's definitely a step up from You Only Love Me. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Rita's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was super heavenly. Hopefully this should be on the countdown soon.


AJR - The Dumb Song: Yeah I have to agree that this is actually a dumb song. But this is a decent song for me. I actually thought I was not going to like it because of the title, although this isn't bad, but still not good. My main issue about it is the production, because it doesn't actually sound good here and I'm not really huge on the chorus. But Jack's vocals were still so amazing and I don't mind the lyrics because I think they're still interesting. But this is decent overall. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


XG - Left Right: This is also another decent song. There really isn't anything interesting to say about it. Now, I've gone through my opinion on this one back when it debuted the AT40 last week. I'm not really huge on the production here, but I kinda like the vocals because they don't actually sound bad here. And the lyrics were still very nicely-written and I think the chorus was decent. So yeah, this is a decent song overall. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Dominic Fike - Dancing In The Courthouse: Does anybody remember him? He brought us 3 Nights back in late 2019, and that was a song that I really enjoyed back then in case you remembered. I also remember listening to Chicken Tenders on Alt Nation a couple years ago, and that was a song that I also enjoyed. I wish Hits 1 would've picked up this song as well, but they didn't. As far as this new song goes, it's definitely another amazing song. But definitely not as good as 3 Nights or Chicken Tenders, but it's still amazing. With my opinion on this song, the production was so amazing, Dominic's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was so phenomenal. Hopefully it'll be on the countdown soon.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Post Malone - Chemical


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

29. Toosii - Favorite Song

28. The Kid Laroi - Love Again


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

27. Coi Leray - Players

26. Niall Horan - Heaven

25. Lewis Capaldi - Wish You The Best

24. Meghan Trainor - Mother

23. Miguel - Sure Thing

22. Jax - Cinderella Snapped

21. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed

20. Charlie Puth/Dan + Shay - That's Not How This Works

19. SZA - Nobody Gets Me

18. Raye/070 Shake - Escapism

17. Lady Gaga - Bloody Mary

16. Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze

15. Kane Brown/Katelyn Brown - Thank God

14. Gracie Abrams - I Know It Won't Work

13. Sabrina Carpenter - Nonsense

12. PinkPantheress/Ice Spice - Boy's A Liar

11. Miley Cyrus - Jaded

10. Lizzo/SZA - Special

9. Taylor Swift - All Of The Girls You Loved Before

8. Jonas Brothers - Waffle House

7. Lizzy McAlpine - Ceilings

6. SZA - Kill Bill

5. Fall Out Boy - Love From The Other Side

4. Miley Cyrus - Flowers

3. Halsey - Die 4 Me

2. Tiesto/Tate McRae - 10:35


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

1. Latto/Lu Kala - Lottery


Total Score: 142/150 = 94.6% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023