AT40: Miguel (2) Week Of June 10, 2023

So I've now been officially done with my second year of college and now I'm on summer break! I thought that I did an amazing job in my second year of college. It was a lot of fun! And now I get to relax and enjoy being out in the sun a lot during the summer. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks so interesting, although we did pick up another piece of trash, but we're not gonna worry about it because I'm gonna get to it later on in this post like what I always do. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Jax - Cinderella Snapped


Last Week's #1 Song: Miguel - Sure Thing

The Countdown:

#40. Nicki Minaj - Super Freaky Girl (#39)

#39. Post Malone - Mourning (DEBUT)

#38. Melanie Martinez - Void (#40)

#37. Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero (#36)

#36. Luke Combs - Fast Car (#37)

#35. Lewis Capaldi - Wish You The Best (#35)

#34. Charlie Puth/Dan + Shay - That's Not How This Works (#33)

#33. XG - Left Right (#28)

#32. Chris Brown - Under The Influence (#31)

#31. Rita Ora/Fatboy Slim - Praising You (#32)

#30. Lizzy McAlpine - Ceilings (#29)

#29. David Guetta/Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue) (#27)

#28. Kim Petras/Nicki Minaj - Alone (#30)

#27. SZA - Snooze (#34)

#26. Sam Smith/Kim Petras - Unholy (#25)

#25. Fifty Fifty - Cupid (#37)

#24. P!nk - Trustfall (#26)

#23. Raye/070 Shake - Escapism (#22)

#22. Meghan Trainor - Mother (#21)

#21. David Guetta/Anne-Marie/Coi Leray - Baby Don't Hurt Me (#23)

#20. Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze (#19)

#19. Miley Cyrus - Jaded (#20)

#18. Kane Brown/Katelyn Brown - Thank God (#15)

#17. NF - Happy (#18)

#16. The Weeknd/Future - Double Fantasy (#17)

#15. Coi Leray - Players (#13)

#14. Sabrina Carpenter - Nonsense (#10)

#13. Jonas Brothers - Waffle House (#14)

#12. Toosii - Favorite Song (#16)

#11. Taylor Swift - Karma (#12)

#10. PinkPantheress - Boy's A Liar (#9)

#9. Morgan Wallen - Last Night (#11)

#8. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed (#8)

#7. Post Malone - Chemical (#6)

#6. The Weeknd - Die For You (#7)

#5. SZA - Kill Bill (#5)

#4. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin' (#4)

#3. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down (#2)

#2. Miley Cyrus - Flowers (#3)

#1. Miguel - Sure Thing (#1) [2nd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Harry Styles - As It Was (3 of 6 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm pleased that Fifty Fifty - Cupid (+12) has been gaining lots of airplay this week and it really deserves to take the biggest jump. And hopefully it'll go to the Top 20 very soon.

I'm okay with XG - Left Right (-5) taking the biggest drop, although I'm sure this is going to be out of here very soon.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Post Malone - Mourning: At least this song is a step up from Chemical, but this is still garbage. With my opinion on this one, the production doesn't sound good here, Post's vocals were awful, and the chorus was so terrible and garbage. But I actually still like the lyrics here because I think they're still so interesting. But this is still a garbage song overall for me to listen to. But I'm sure this is going to do well on there because I know this countdown is in love with him. But hopefully this doesn't do too well on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. SZA - Kill Bill: Gosh, this song sure must really been enjoying the Top 5 on there. But again I'm sure this is going to be out of here within the next week or so.

4. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin': I actually thought that it was going to be dropping and be out of the Top 5 this week. But I'm 100% sure it's going to do it next week.

3. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down: Yeah I'm sure this song is going to leave the Top 3 very soon. But again it still had a nice time in there.

2. Miley Cyrus - Flowers: I'm pleased to see this song move back up to this spot, and again because of how well it did on there, this might hold at this spot for a while.

1. Miguel - Sure Thing: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm so pleased that it's still in there. And I'm sure it might remain in there for a couple more weeks longer at the very least. Let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Post Malone - Chemical


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

19. Toosii - Favorite Song


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

18. Coi Leray - Players

17. NF - Happy

16. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin'

15. Miguel - Sure Thing

14. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down

13. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed

12. Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze

11. Kane Brown/Katelyn Brown - Thank God

10. Sabrina Carpenter - Nonsense

9. Morgan Wallen - Last Night

8. PinkPantheress - Boy's A Liar

7. Miley Cyrus - Jaded

6. Jonas Brothers - Waffle House

5. The Weeknd/Future - Double Fantasy

4. The Weeknd - Die For You

3. SZA - Kill Bill

2. Taylor Swift - Karma


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Miley Cyrus - Flowers


Total Score: 94/100 = 94% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023