AT40: Miguel (6) Week Of July 8, 2023

I really hope everyone's been having a great 4th Of July on Tuesday. I really had an amazing one, I thought watching the fireworks was so fun. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks so amazing. There has been some more amazing stuff happening on there including our Top 5 this week. But I'm gonna get to it later on in this post like what I always do. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Chris Brown - Under The Influence


Last Week's #1 Song: Miguel - Sure Thing

The Countdown:

#40. Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero (#40)

#39. Lewis Capaldi - Wish You The Best (#34)

#38. David Guetta/Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue) (#35)

#37. Gracie Abrams - I Know It Won't Work (#37)

#36. Jonas Brothers - Summer Baby (#39)

#35. Sam Smith/Kim Petras - Unholy (#32)

#34. Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer (DEBUT)

#33. Raye/070 Shake - Escapism (#30)

#32. Flo Rida - What A Night (#33)

#31. Kim Petras/Nicki Minaj - Alone (#25)

#30. Lil Durk/J. Cole - All My Life (#36)

#29. Bakar - Hell N Back (#31)

#28. Coi Leray - Players (#26)

#27. Pitbull/Lil Jon - Jumpin (#29)

#26. Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze (#24)

#25. Harry Styles - Satellite (#28)

#24. Melanie Martinez - Void (#27)

#23. Rita Ora/Fatboy Slim - Praising You (#22)

#22. PinkPantheress - Boy's A Liar (#15)

#21. Luke Combs - Fast Car (#23)

#20. P!nk - Trustfall (#19)

#19. Post Malone - Mourning (#21)

#18. SZA - Snooze (#20)

#17. NF - Happy (#18)

#16. David Guetta/Anne-Marie/Coi Leray - Baby Don't Hurt Me (#17)

#15. Miley Cyrus - Jaded (#16)

#14. Fifty Fifty - Cupid (#14)

#13. Jonas Brothers - Waffle House (#13)

#12. The Weeknd - Die For You (#10)

#11. Toosii - Favorite Song (#12)

#10. Dua Lipa - Dance The Night (#11)

#9. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed (#9)

#8. SZA - Kill Bill (#6)

#7. Morgan Wallen - Last Night (#8)

#6. Post Malone - Chemical (#7)

#5. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin' (#5)

#4. Miley Cyrus - Flowers (#3)

#3. Taylor Swift - Karma (#4)

#2. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down (#2)

#1. Miguel - Sure Thing (#1) [6th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Jack Harlow - First Class (1st and only week at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm fine with Lil Durk/J. Cole - All My Life (+6) taking the biggest jump. It has been gaining some airplay on the pop radio charts recently. Now, let's see if it'll go to the Top 20 soon.

PinkPantheress - Boy's A Liar (-7) has been losing some airplay recently and now it's out of the Top 20. And I'm sure this is going to be out of here very soon.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer: I've actually reviewed this song back in 2020 when it debuted the Hits 1 Weekend Countdown, but this song has actually never made it on to the AT40 as it hasn't been doing so well at the time. But now, this song has finally made it on there. At the time when I first reviewed it, it was phenomenal for me. But now, the song has grown on me more and it is now a super heavenly song. And of course this is actually one of my favorite songs off of Lover and it is now my new favorite song from her. I know my previous favorite song from her was Delicate back when I reviewed my Top 10 Songs of 2018 in which you remembered, but this was actually my new favorite song from her. It's definitely a super heavenly song and it's definitely a huge step up from Karma. With my opinion on this song, the production was super heavenly, Taylor's vocals were extremely heavenly, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a humongous fan of, and the chorus was extremely heavenly and extremely fun. This is definitely going to end up in my Top 10 Songs of the year. I'm sure hoping that this should become a humongous hit on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin': I'm glad that it's still in the Top 5, but I'm sure this might be it's last week in there and then it'll be on it's way out of here.

4. Miley Cyrus - Flowers: I actually didn't expect it to be out of the Top 3, but I do know it has been in there for a while because of how well it did on there. But I'm sure this is going to stay in the Top 5 for a few more weeks longer at the very least.

3. Taylor Swift - Karma: I'm pleased to see this song in the Top 3. And I'm sure this is going to end up at the top spot very soon. Hopefully it'll be in there.

2. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down: Yeah I'm sure this might stay in the Top 3 for a few more weeks longer at the very least. But let's see what happens next.

1. Miguel - Sure Thing: Holding the top spot for the 6th week in a row. Gosh, this song sure has been doing so phenomenal on there recently. But I'm sure another song might take over the top spot soon, but let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Post Malone - Chemical

19. Post Malone - Mourning


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

18. Toosii - Favorite Song


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

17. NF - Happy

16. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin'

15. P!nk - Trustfall

14. Miguel - Sure Thing

13. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down

12. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed

11. Morgan Wallen - Last Night

10. Miley Cyrus - Jaded

9. Fifty Fifty - Cupid

8. Jonas Brothers - Waffle House

7. The Weeknd - Die For You

6. SZA - Kill Bill

5. SZA - Snooze

4. Taylor Swift - Karma

3. Miley Cyrus - Flowers

2. Dua Lipa - Dance The Night


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. David Guetta/Anne-Marie/Coi Leray - Baby Don't Hurt Me


Total Score: 89/100 = 89% (B+) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018