AT40: Miguel (7) Week Of July 15, 2023

As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks super interesting. We do have some more interesting debuts but one of our debuts this week is going to be in my top songs of the yea, which was actually so amazing. But I'm gonna get to it later on in this post like what I always do. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Kim Petras/Nicki Minaj - Alone

Lewis Capaldi - Wish You The Best

Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero


Last Week's #1 Song: Miguel - Sure Thing

The Countdown:

#40. OneRepublic - Runaway (DEBUT)

#39. David Guetta/Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue) (#38)

#38. Kodak Black/NLE Choppa/Jimin/Jvke/Muni Long - Angel Pt. 1 (DEBUT)

#37. Sam Smith/Kim Petras - Unholy (#35)

#36. Gracie Abrams - I Know It Won't Work (#37)

#35. Jonas Brothers - Summer Baby (#36)

#34. Raye/070 Shake - Escapism (#33)

#33. The Weeknd/Playboi Carti/Madonna - Popular (DEBUT)

#32. Flo Rida - What A Night (#32)

#31. Pitbull/Lil Jon - Jumpin (#27)

#30. Coi Leray - Players (#28)

#29. Bakar - Hell N Back (#29)

#28. Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze (#26)

#27. Harry Styles - Satellite (#25)

#26. Melanie Martinez - Void (#24)

#25. Lil Durk/J. Cole - All My Life (#30)

#24. PinkPantheress - Boy's A Liar (#22)

#23. Rita Ora/Fatboy Slim - Praising You (#23)

#22. Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer (#34)

#21. Luke Combs - Fast Car (#21)

#20. P!nk - Trustfall (#20)

#19. Post Malone - Mourning (#19)

#18. NF - Happy (#17)

#17. David Guetta/Anne-Marie/Coi Leray - Baby Don't Hurt Me (#16)

#16. SZA - Snooze (#18)

#15. The Weeknd - Die For You (#12)

#14. Miley Cyrus - Jaded (#15)

#13. Fifty Fifty - Cupid (#14)

#12. Jonas Brothers - Waffle House (#13)

#11. Toosii - Favorite Song (#11)

#10. SZA - Kill Bill (#8)

#9. Dua Lipa - Dance The Night (#10)

#8. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed (#9)

#7. Post Malone - Chemical (#6)

#6. Morgan Wallen - Last Night (#7)

#5. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin' (#5)

#4. Miley Cyrus - Flowers (#4)

#3. Rema/Se;ena Gomez - Calm Down (#2)

#2. Taylor Swift - Karma (#3)

#1. Miguel - Sure Thing (#1) [7th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Lizzo - About Damn Time (1 of 6 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm super pleased about Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer (+12) gain lots and lots of airplay this week. It totally deserves it! And I'm sure hoping it should go to the Top 20 soon.

I'm not really that thrilled to see Pitbull/Lil Jon - Jumpin' (-4) taking a short biggest drop this week, but I'm sure hoping that it'll move back up very soon.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


OneRepublic - Runaway: This is absolutely a phenomenal song. But definitely not as good as I Ain't Worried, but it's still phenomenal. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Ryan's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were so nicely-written, and the chorus was so heavenly. But yeah, this is absolutely another phenomenal song overall for me to listen to. Let's see how far this gets on there.


Kodak Black/NLE Choppa/Jimin/Jvke/Muni Long - Angel Pt. 1: This was actually one of the songs that was taken from the new Fast X movie, which was so interesting. I'm gonna have to watch that movie when it comes to theaters soon. But I gotta say, this is just a decent song. There's nothing interesting to say about it. Though I kinda like the production here, but I don't like Kodak's verse and Jvke's vocals still don't sound good here either. But I think NLE Choppa's and Jimin's vocals were actually solid here and Muni's vocals were the best here because I think she sounds so amazing in it. And the lyrics were still nicely-written, so I'll still give credit to that. But this is decent overall. I actually prefer Pt. 2 of this song with Charlie Puth over this. But maybe they might replace it with Pt. 2 soon, we're gonna have to see. But in the meantime, let's see how this part does on there.


The Weeknd/Playboi Carti/Madonna - Popular: The best debut this week. This is absolutely a heavenly song and it's definitely a step up from Double Fantasy. With my opinion on this song, the production was so heavenly, Abel's vocals were super heavenly, Madonna's vocals in the second verse were extremely heavenly and she actually sounds the best here, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a humongous fan of, the chorus was extremely heavenly, and Playboi Carti's rapping in his verse was actually super heavenly and he actually sounds way better on here than in his other songs. This is definitely going to end up in my Top 10 Songs of the year. So far we have 5, so we're officially halfway there from making this list! Hopefully this should become a hit on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin': Gosh, I feel like this song doesn't want to leave the Top 5. But I do know it has been in there for so long so I'm sure it'll definitely be out of here next week.

4. Miley Cyrus - Flowers: Yeah I'm sure this song is going to stay in the Top 5 for a few weeks longer at the very least. Let's see how long it'll remain in there.

3. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down: I actually didn't expect this song to drop, but at least it's still in the Top 3. Although I'm sure this might leave the Top 3 sometime soon.

2. Taylor Swift - Karma: It's almost at the top spot! And I'm sure this might end up being at the top spot because we all know who she is. Hopefully it'll be at the top spot within the next week or so.

1. Miguel - Sure Thing: Holding the top spot for the 7th week in a row. Gosh, how has this song been getting super popular on here recently then it should've 13 years ago? Although I'm sure another song might take over the top spot next week, but let's see if it'll stay in there or not.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Post Malone - Chemical

19. Post Malone - Mourning


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

18. Toosii - Favorite Song


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

17. NF - Happy

16. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin'

15. P!nk - Trustfall

14. Miguel - Sure Thing

13. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down

12. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed

11. Morgan Wallen - Last Night

10. Miley Cyrus - Jaded

9. Fifty Fifty - Cupid

8. Jonas Brothers - Waffle House

7. The Weeknd - Die For You

6. SZA - Kill Bill

5. SZA - Snooze

4. Taylor Swift - Karma

3. Miley Cyrus - Flowers

2. Dua Lipa - Dance The Night


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. David Guetta/Anne-Marie/Coi Leray - Baby Don't Hurt Me


Total Score: 89/100 = 89% (B+) [Good]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AT40: Miguel (6) Week Of July 8, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Jonas Brothers (1) Week Of July 8, 2023