AT40: Taylor Swift (1) Week Of July 22, 2023

As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks super interesting. We do have another brand new #1 song on there, which was always a nice thing to see. And we also have yet another interesting Top 20 this week. But I'm gonna get to it later on in this post like what I always do. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Sam Smith/Kim Petras - Unholy


Last Week's #1 Song: Miguel - Sure Thing

The Countdown:

#40. David Guetta/Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue) (#39)

#39. Gracie Abrams - I Know It Won't Work (#36)

#38. Kodak Black/NLE Choppa/Jimin/Jvke/Muni Long - Angel Pt. 1 (#38)

#37. Raye/070 Shake - Escapism (#34)

#36. Jonas Brothers - Summer Baby (#35)

#35. OneRepublic - Runaway (#40)

#34. Flo Rida - What A Night (#32)

#33. Coi Leray - Players (#30)

#32. The Weeknd/Playboi Carti/Madonna - Popular (#33)

#31. PinkPantheress - Boy's A Liar (#24)

#30. Pitbull/Lil Jon - Jumpin (#31)

#29. Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze (#28)

#28. Bakar - Hell N Back (#29)

#27. Harry Styles - Satellite (#27)

#26. P!nk - Trustfall (#20)

#25. Melanie Martinez - Void (#26)

#24. Rita Ora/Fatboy Slim - Praising You (#23)

#23. Lil Durk/J. Cole - All My Life (#26)

#22. Post Malone - Mourning (#19)

#21. Luke Combs - Fast Car (#21)

#20. NF - Happy (#18)

#19. David Guetta/Anne-Marie/Coi Leray - Baby Don't Hurt Me (#17)

#18. Miley Cyrus - Jaded (#14)

#17. Olivia Rodrigo - Vampire (DEBUT)

#16. The Weeknd - Die For You (#15)

#15. SZA - Snooze (#16)

#14. Jonas Brothers - Waffle House (#12)

#13. Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer (#22)

#12. Post Malone - Chemical (#7)

#11. Toosii - Favorite Song (#11)

#10. Fifty Fifty - Cupid (#13)

#9. SZA - Kill Bill (#10)

#8. Dua Lipa - Dance The Night (#9)

#7. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed (#8)

#6. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin' (#5)

#5. Morgan Wallen - Last Night (#6)

#4. Miley Cyrus - Flowers (#4)

#3. Miguel - Sure Thing (#1)

#2. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down (#3)

#1. Taylor Swift - Karma (#2) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Lizzo - About Damn Time (2 of 6 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer (+9) sure has been gaining lots and lots of airplay recently and I'm super pleased to see it in the Top 20. And I'm sure it's going to be in the Top 10 within the next week or so.

I actually expected PinkPantheress - Boy's A Liar (-7) to take the biggest drop since it has been losing some airplay. And I'm sure it's going to be out of here soon.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Olivia Rodrigo - Vampire: She has made her return on there after 2 years off and it also made it's debut straight into the Top 20 which was actually so amazing. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song and it's actually a step up from Traitor. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Olivia's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and the chorus was so heavenly. And I'm sure this is definitely going to end up becoming a hit on there. Let's see how far this gets.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Morgan Wallen - Last Night: He has now made his first ever Top 5 appearance on there this week. Gosh, I actually didn't expect this song to be in there, but I do know that it has been doing super duper amazing on the country radio charts recently. Though I don't think it's ever going to be at the top spot, but let's see how long it'll stay in the Top 5 on there.

4. Miley Cyrus - Flowers: I'm pleased that it's still in there, and again I'm sure it's going to remain in there for a few more weeks longer. I know it has been in there for a while mainly because of how well it did.

3. Miguel - Sure Thing: It dropped out of the top spot. But it still had a phenomenal run on there for a while. And I'm sure this is going to stay in the Top 3 for a while at the very least.

2. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down: I actually didn't expect this song to move back up, but again I'm sure it's never going to come back to the top spot, but maybe it might be out of the Top 3 sometime soon.

1. Taylor Swift - Karma: I'm so pleased to see this song at the top spot. I actually knew that it was going to do it mostly because it's her. And maybe this might hold at this spot for a couple more weeks longer. Let's see how long it'll hold the spot.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Post Malone - Chemical


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

19. Toosii - Favorite Song


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

18. NF - Happy

17. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin'

16. Miguel - Sure Thing

15. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down

14. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed

13. Morgan Wallen - Last Night

12. Miley Cyrus - Jaded

11. Fifty Fifty - Cupid

10. Jonas Brothers - Waffle House

9. The Weeknd - Die For You

8. SZA - Kill Bill

7. SZA - Snooze

6. Taylor Swift - Karma

5. Olivia Rodrigo - Vampire

4. Miley Cyrus - Flowers

3. Dua Lipa - Dance The Night


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. David Guetta/Anne-Marie/Coi Leray - Baby Don't Hurt Me

TIE: 1. Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer


Total Score: 95/100 = 95% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AT40: Miguel (6) Week Of July 8, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Jonas Brothers (1) Week Of July 8, 2023