Jonas Brothers (2) Week Of July 15, 2023

As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it still looks great, however, we did get rid of a song that was going to be in my top songs of the year, and of course it will forever be missed. But other than that, there's a mixture of good and bad stuff happening on there, including our re-entry this week which isn't very good. But we're not gonna worry about it because I'm gonna have more on that later on in this post like always. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


NF - Happy [DTHNOBx3]

David Kushner - Daylight


Last Week's #1 Song: Jonas Brothers - Waffle House

The Countdown:

#30. Doja Cat - Attention (#30)

#29. Pitbull/Lil Jon - Jumpin (#26)

#28. Melanie Martinez - Void (#27)

#27. Nicki Minaj/Ice Spice/Aqua - Barbie World (#28)

#26. Dominic Fike - Mona Lisa (#25)

#25. Doechii - What It Is (Block Boy) (DEBUT)

#24. Morgan Wallen - Last Night (#22)

#23. Lil Durk/J. Cole - All My Life (#21)

#22. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Like A Grudge (#19)

#21. Flo Rida - What A Night (#23)

#20. Olivia Rodrigo - Vampire (#29)

#19. Luke Combs - Fast Car (#17)

#18. SZA - Snooze (#18)

#17. Lauren Spencer-Smith - That Part (#20)

#16. Jonas Brothers - Summer Baby (#16)

#15. The 1975 - I'm In Love With You (#15)

#14. Post Malone - Mourning (RE-ENTRY)

#13. Taylor Swift/Ice Spice - Karma (#2)

#12. Miley Cyrus - Jaded (#11)

#11. Fifty Fifty - Cupid (#12)

#10. Harry Styles - Satellite (#13)

#9. David Guetta/Anne-Marie/Coi Leray - Baby Don't Hurt Me (#10)

#8. OneRepublic - Runaway (#8)

#7. The Weeknd/Playboi Carti/Madonna - Popular (#7)

#6. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed (#6)

#5. Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer (#9)

#4. Dua Lipa - Dance The Night (#5)

#3. Crash Adams - Give Me A Kiss (#4)

#2. Post Malone - Chemical (#3)

#1. Jonas Brothers - Waffle House (#1) [2nd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Nicky Youre/Dazy - Sunroof (2 of 5 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


Olivia Rodrigo - Vampire (+9) sure has been gaining lots of airplay this week. And of course I'm so pleased to see it do that. And hopefully this should go to the Top 10 soon.

Wow, I actually did not expect the biggest drop from Taylor Swift/Ice Spice - Karma (-11) this week. And not only that, but it also dropped all the way out of the Top 10 from the Top 3. But at least we have a new song from her that's currently doing so well so I'm sure this might be out of here soon.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Doechii - What It Is (Block Boy): So they actually switched to the solo version where there's no Kodak Black in it, which I think is super amazing because he sounded awful in his verse in it and it's so nice to see Hits 1 do it! As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, Doechii's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was so phenomenal. Let's see how this one does on there.


Post Malone - Mourning: No, this song does not deserve to come back on there! Come on, this better not do well on it's second run in there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer: She replaced herself on there after Karma took the biggest drop out of here. I'm super pleased to see this song in there, and I'm sure hoping that it should get in the Top 3 and go to the top spot soon.

4. Dua Lipa - Dance The Night: I'm pleased to see this song come back up, and I'm sure hoping that it should go to the Top 3 within the next week or so.

3. Crash Adams - Give Me A Kiss: I actually didn't expect this song to be in the Top 3, but I'm pleased to see it in there. But I'm sure it's probably not going to be at the top spot, but let's see if it does soon.

2. Post Malone - Chemical: Oh god... no! It's almost at the top spot. Come on, I don't really want this song to be at the top spot. Although he did have a #1 song on there which was Circles 3 years ago, so this better not be his second #1 song on there!

1. Jonas Brothers - Waffle House: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm pleased that it's still in there. And I'm sure hoping it'll block Chemical from going to the top spot. Now, let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. The Band Camino - See You Later

2. Billie Eilish - What Was I Made For (DEBUT)

3. Troye Sivan - Rush (DEBUT)

4. Crash Adams - Sugar Mommy (DEBUT)

5. Tomorrow X Together/Jonas Brothers - Do It Like That

6. Kaliii - Area Codes

7. Fall Out Boy - We Didn't Start The Fire

8. Hayes Warner - Dead To Me (DEBUT)

9. Doechii - What It Is (Block Boy)

10. Leah Kate - Super Over

11. Jung Kook/Latto - Seven (DEBUT)

12. Jelly Roll - Need A Favor

13. Fifty Fifty/Kaliii - Barbie Dreams (DEBUT)

14. D4vd - Here With Me

15. Benson Boone - In The Stars

16. (G)I-DLE - I Do (DEBUT)


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Billie Eilish - What Was I Made For: This song was also taken from the soundtrack of the upcoming Barbie movie which was so interesting. But I gotta say, this is also a decent song. She's still not that good of a singer. With my opinion, the production here is decent, Billie's vocals were decent, and the chorus was decent. But I still love the lyrics, I think they're still very nicely-written. But this is decent overall. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Troye Sivan - Rush: This is absolutely another amazing song. And this was actually one of the songs that was off of his upcoming album which was so interesting. With my opinion on this one, the production was so amazing, Troye's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was so phenomenal. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Crash Adams - Sugar Mommy: They replaced themselves on there this week. As far as this new song goes, it's definitely another phenomenal song and it's actually a step up from Lucky. With my opinion, the production was super amazing, the vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were so nicely-written, and the chorus was super phenomenal. And I'm sure this is probably going to debut the countdown when Give Me A Kiss hits #1 soon. Let's see if it'll be in there.


Hayes Warner - Dead To Me: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. I've actually found her yet to be another talented singer after giving this song a first listen. As far as the song goes, it's absolutely a phenomenal song. With my opinion on this song, the production was so phenomenal, Hayes's vocals were super phenomenal, I'm definitely a huge fan of the lyrics, and the chorus was so heavenly. Hopefully this should make the countdown soon.


Jung Kook/Latto - Seven: It's interesting that the next 3 debuts come from K-Pop artists. Let's start with this one. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, Jung Kook's vocals were super amazing especially in his flow, the lyrics were so interesting, the chorus was so phenomenal and Latto's vocals in her verse were actually so phenomenal. Let's see if this shold be on the countdown soon.


Fifty Fifty/Kaliii - Barbie Dreams: Gosh, how many songs from the Barbie soundtrack have we picked up? And I've also noticed that Kali has changed her stage name because a lot of people assumed that she was Kali Uchis hence she has the same name. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song and it's actually a step up from Cupid. With my opinion on this song, the production was so phenomenal, the girls sound super phenomenal, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, the chorus was so heavenly, and Kaliii's vocals in her verse was super phenomenal. Hopefully it'll be on the countdown soon.


(G)I-DLE - I Do: Wow, we have another K-Pop girl group band making their debut on there? That's actually so amazing because I think female vocalists make better music than male vocalists do. As far as the song goes, it's also another phenomenal song. With my opinion, the production was super amazing, all of the girls sound so phenomenal here, the lyrics were so nicely-written, and the chorus was super phenomenal. Hopefully this should be on the countdown soon.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Post Malone - Chemical

29. Post Malone - Mourning


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

28. Lil Durk/J. Cole - All My Life


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

27. Dominic Fike - Mona Lisa

26. Doechii - What It Is (Block Boy)

25. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed

24. Jonas Brothers - Summer Baby

23. Morgan Wallen - Last Night

22. Pitbull/Lil Jon - Jumpin

21. Crash Adams - Give Me A Kiss

20. Melanie Martinez - Void

19. Miley Cyrus - Jaded

18. OneRepublic - Runaway

17. Fifty Fifty - Cupid

16. Luke Combs - Fast Car

15. Jonas Brothers - Waffle House

14. Flo Rida - What A Night

13. Lauren Spencer-Smith - That Part

12. Doja Cat - Attention

11. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Like A Grudge

10. Nicki Minaj/Ice Spice/Aqua - Barbie World

9. SZA - Snooze

8. Taylor Swift/Ice Spice - Karma

7. Olivia Rodrigo - Vampire

6. Harry Styles - Satellite

5. Dua Lipa - Dance The Night

4. The 1975 - I'm In Love With You

3. The Weeknd/Playboi Carti/Madonna - Popular


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. David Guetta/Anne-Marie/Coi Leray - Baby Don't Hurt Me

TIE: 1. Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer


Total Score: 140/150 = 93.3% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AT40: Miguel (6) Week Of July 8, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Jonas Brothers (1) Week Of July 8, 2023