AT40: Taylor Swift (3) Week Of August 5, 2023

So the month of August is now officially here, and now I only have one month left until I start my third year of college! I'm really looking forward to see how I'm doing in my next year in college. Hopefully it'll be amazing. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it still looks amazing, but we did get rid of my #1 song of last year, and of course it will forever be missed like always. However, we did get one debut that was going to be in my top songs of the year, so that's always a nice thing to see. But I'm gonna get to that later on in this post like what I always do. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Rita Ora/Fatboy Slim - Praising You

P!nk - Trustfall

Kodak Black/NLE Choppa/Jimin/Jvke/Muni Long - Angel Pt. 1

David Guetta/Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue)


Last Week's #1 Song: Taylor Swift - Karma

The Countdown:

#40. Raye/070 Shake - Escapism (#39)

#39. NF - Happy (#29)

#38. PinkPantheress - Boy's A Liar (#37)

#37. David Kushner - Daylight (DEBUT)

#36. Coi Leray - Players (#35)

#35. Doechii - What It Is (Block Boy) (DEBUT)

#34. Jonas Brothers - Summer Baby (#34)

#33. Jung Kook/Latto - Seven (DEBUT)

#32. Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze (#31)

#31. Nicki Minaj/Ice Spice/Aqua - Barbie World (DEBUT)

#30. OneRepublic - Runaway (#33)

#29. Flo Rida - What A Night (#32)

#28. Dominic Fike - Mona Lisa (#38)

#27. The Weeknd/Playboi Carti/Madonna - Popular (#30)

#26. Pitbull/Lil Jon - Jumpin (#28)

#25. Harry Styles - Satellite (#26)

#24. Melanie Martinez - Void (#23)

#23. Toosii - Favorite Song (#13)

#22. Jonas Brothers - Waffle House (#15)

#21. Bakar - Hell N Back (#25)

#20. The Weeknd - Die For You (#19)

#19. Post Malone - Chemical (#16)

#18. Lil Durk/J. Cole - All My Life (#22)

#17. Post Malone - Mourning (#21)

#16. Miley Cyrus - Jaded (#18)

#15. Luke Combs - Fast Car (#20)

#14. David Guetta/Anne-Marie/Coi Leray - Baby Don't Hurt Me (#17)

#13. SZA - Kill Bill (#10)

#12. SZA - Snooze (#12)

#11. Olivia Rodrigo - Vampire (#14)

#10. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin' (#7)

#9. Fifty Fifty - Cupid (#9)

#8. Dua Lipa - Dance The Night (#8)

#7. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed (#6)

#6. Miley Cyrus - Flowers (#4)

#5. Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer (#11)

#4. Morgan Wallen - Last Night (#5)

#3. Miguel - Sure Thing (#3)

#2. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down (#2)

#1. Taylor Swift - Karma (#1) [3rd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Lizzo - About Damn Time (4 of 6 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


Dominic Fike - Mona Lisa (+10) sure has been gaining lots of airplay recently and I'm so pleased to see it take the biggest jump. What a week for him!

I actually expected NF - Happy to take the biggest drop since it has been losing lots of airplay recently. And what's also tied for the biggest drop which I'm actually okay with is Toosii - Favorite Song (-10) as it dropped out of the Top 20. And I'm sure they're both going to be out of here very soon.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


David Kushner - Daylight: The best debut this week. I've actually been hearing this song a lot on Alt Nation. As far as the song goes, it's absolutely a heavenly song. With my opinion on this song, the production was so heavenly, David's vocals were super heavenly, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a humongous fan of, and the chorus was extremely heavenly. This is definitely going to end up in my Top 10 Songs of the year. Hopefully this should do well on there.


Doechii - What It Is (Block Boy): Thank goodness they didn't play the one with Kodak Black in it. That was super amazing to see them do that since he sounded awful in his verse in it. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, Doechii's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was so phenomenal. Let's see how this one does on there.


Jung Kook/Latto - Seven: This is absolutely another amazing song. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, Jung Kook's vocals were super amazing especially in his flow, the lyrics were so interesting, the chorus was so phenomenal and Latto's vocals in her verse were actually so phenomenal. Let's see how far this one gets on there.


Nicki Minaj/Ice Spice/Aqua - Barbie World: Of course this was another one of those songs that was taken from the soundtrack of the new Barbie movie, and it also samples Aqua's own hit song Barbie Girl, which was definitely what I expected hence the title. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song and it's actually a step up from Princess Diana. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, the verses from Nicki and Ice Spice sound super phenomenal, their interplay in the chorus was so heavenly, and the lyrics were super nicely-written. Hopefully this should do well on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer: I'm super pleased to see this song in the Top 5. This totally deserves to be in there! And I'm really hoping that it should go to the Top 3 next week.

4. Morgan Wallen - Last Night: I'm pleased to see this song move up, though I don't think it's ever going to be in the Top 3. But let's see what happens next.

3. Miguel - Sure Thing: Gosh, this song sure has been loving the Top 3 on there. I know it's because of how well it did at the top spot on there so I'm sure it's going to stay in there for a while.

2. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down: This song sure has been in the Top 3 for a while, but I'm sure this might be out of here sometime soon.

1. Taylor Swift - Karma: Holding the top spot for the 3rd week in a row. Again I'm so pleased that it's still in there. There's seriously nothing stopping her from becoming super popular. Now, let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Post Malone - Chemical

19. Post Malone - Mourning


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

18. Lil Durk/J. Cole - All My Life


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

17. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin'

16. Miguel - Sure Thing

15. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down

14. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed

13. Morgan Wallen - Last Night

12. Miley Cyrus - Jaded

11. Fifty Fifty - Cupid

10. Luke Combs - Fast Car

9. The Weeknd - Die For You

8. SZA - Kill Bill

7. SZA - Snooze

6. Taylor Swift - Karma

5. Olivia Rodrigo - Vampire

4. Miley Cyrus - Flowers

3. Dua Lipa - Dance The Night


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. David Guetta/Anne-Marie/Coi Leray - Baby Don't Hurt Me

TIE: 1. Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer


Total Score: 90/100 = 90% (A-) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AT40: Miguel (6) Week Of July 8, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Jonas Brothers (1) Week Of July 8, 2023