AT40: Doechii (1) Week Of May 31, 2025

As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks so phenomenal. We are still in the Golden Ages of the countdown because we have yet another brand new #1 song on there which was going to end up in my top songs of the year which was always incredible to see, and we also have lots of amazing stuff happening on there this week including our biggest jumps. But like always, I'm gonna get to them later on in this post. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Chris Brown - Residuals

SZA - BMF


Last Week's #1 Song: Lola Young - Messy

The Countdown:

#40. Benson Boone - Beautiful Things (#39)

#39. Ravyn Lenae - Love Me Not (DEBUT)

#38. Shaboozey - A Bar Song (Tipsy) (#40)

#37. Jonas Brothers - Love Me To Heaven (#36)

#36. Sabrina Carpenter - Espresso (#37)

#35. Jennie - Like Jennie (#32)

#34. The Weeknd/Playboi Carti - Timeless (#35)

#33. Justice/Tame Impala - Neverender (#33)

#32. Hozier - Too Sweet (#30)

#31. The Marias - No One Noticed (#29)

#30. Myles Smith - Stargazing (#27)

#29. Almost Monday - Can't Slow Down (#26)

#28. Sabrina Carpenter - Busy Woman (#31)

#27. Sabrina Carpenter - Bed Chem (#25)

#26. Maroon 5/LISA - Priceless (DEBUT)

#25. Shaboozey - Good News (#28)

#24. Morgan Wallen - Love Somebody (#18)

#23. Sabrina Carpenter - Taste (#21)

#22. Pitbull/Bon Jovi - Now Or Never (#23)

#21. SZA/Kendrick Lamar - 30 For 30 (#24)

#20. Miley Cyrus - End Of The World (#20)

#19. Drake - NOKIA (#22)

#18. Billie Eilish - Birds Of A Feather (#17)

#17. Gigi Perez - Sailor Song (#15)

#16. Rose/Bruno Mars - APT. (#13)

#15. Billie Eilish - Wildflower (#16)

#14. Ariana Grande - Twilight Zone (#19)

#13. Gracie Abrams - That's So True (#10)

#12. Ed Sheeran - Azizam (#12)

#11. Benson Boone - Sorry I'm Here For Someone Else (#11)

#10. Teddy Swims - Bad Dreams (#8)

#9. Alex Warren - Ordinary (#14)

#8. Lady Gaga - Abracadabra (#9)

#7. Lady Gaga/Bruno Mars - Die With A Smile (#5)

#6. Tate McRae - Sports Car (#7)

#5. The Weeknd - Cry For Me (#6)

#4. Chappell Roan - Pink Pony Club (#4)

#3. Kendrick Lamar/SZA - Luther (#3)

#2. Lola Young - Messy (#1)

#1. Doechii - Anxiety (#2) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Benson Boone - Beautiful Things (4th and final week at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


Ariana Grande - Twilight Zone and Alex Warren - Ordinary (+5) took the biggest jumps as they're gaining more airplay on pop radio this week. I'm so pleased to see them do that. They both deserve it!

I'm actually okay with Morgan Wallen - Love Somebody (-6) take the biggest drop. I know it's been in there for a while. But I do know it's now officially on its way out of here so I guess I'll take it.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Ravyn Lenae - Love Me Not: The best debut this week. Plus, I've heard that there's also apparently a Rex Orange County remix of this song, and of course I've listened to that recently. But I actually prefer the original version over this. And now, here she is making her first ever appearance on there this week. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. With my opinion on this song, the production was so phenomenal, Ravyn's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was so heavenly and fun. Let's see how far this goes on there.


Maroon 5/LISA - Priceless: This was actually their first appearance on there since Beautiful Mistakes with Megan Thee Stallion back in 2021. Gosh, I've actually been waiting for them to make their return on there since then, and now here they are. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song and it's actually a step up from Middle Ground. With my opinion on it, the production was so phenomenal, both Adam and Lisa sound super phenomenal, the lyrics were pretty miraculous, and the chorus was so heavenly. Hopefully this should do well on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. The Weeknd - Cry For Me: I'm so pleased to see this song in the Top 5. This really deserves to be in there! And I actually expected it to happen because I know he's been having a lot of Top 5 songs on there. Now, hopefully it'll be in the Top 3 soon.

4. Chappell Roan - Pink Pony Club: Yeah I'm sure this song is probably going to stay in the Top 5 for at least a few more weeks. I know it's still doing well with airplay recently. But let's see how long it'll stay in there even more.

3. Kendrick Lamar/SZA - Luther: I'm pleased that it's still in the Top 3. But like I said, I'd really like this song to stay in the Top 3 for a little while longer, but I'm sure this is going to drop out of the Top 3 very soon. But let's see what happens next.

2. Lola Young - Messy: It dropped out of the top spot. But it still had an amazing time in there last week. However, I do want it to stay in the Top 3 for at least a few more weeks or so. Let's see how long it'll stay in there.

1. Doechii - Anxiety: I'm super duper pleased to see this song at the top spot. This really needed to do that since Somebody That I Used To Know has hit the top spot on there 13 years ago. This really deserves to be in there! And I'd really like it to stay in the top spot for a few more weeks longer at the very least. Let's see how long it'll hold the spot.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Drake - NOKIA


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

19. Billie Eilish - Wildflower

18. Billie Eilish - Birds Of A Feather


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

17. Alex Warren - Ordinary

16. Teddy Swims - Bad Dreams

15. Benson Boone - Sorry I'm Here For Someone Else

14. Miley Cyrus - End Of The World

13. The Weeknd - Cry For Me

12. Lady Gaga/Bruno Mars - Die With A Smile

11. Rose/Bruno Mars - APT.

10. Ariana Grande - Twilight Zone

9. Gigi Perez - Sailor Song

8. Ed Sheeran - Azizam

7. Lady Gaga - Abracadabra

6. Gracie Abrams - That's So True

5. Chappell Roan - Pink Pony Club

4. Kendrick Lamar/SZA - Luther

3. Tate McRae - Sports Car


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Lola Young - Messy

TIE: 1. Doechii - Anxiety (+2 extra points for being #1)


Total Score: 95/100 = 95% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Seconds Of Summer (2) Week Of October 5, 2019

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Imagine Dragons (1) Week Of June 2, 2018