AT40: Lola Young (1) Week Of May 24, 2025

So I really hope you guys liked my 300,000 pageview special post! Gosh, this really took me lots of work to talk about every song from 2018 that ended up on Billboard's Year-End Hot 100 chart that year. Now I have lots of catching up to do since I'm now way behind because of that! Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks super phenomenal. We are now back in the Golden Ages of the countdown because we do have another brand new #1 song on there that was going to be in my top songs of the year which was the best thing about it. But other than that, we also have some more interesting debuts this week, but I'll get to them later on in this post like always. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Doechii - Denial Is A River

Selena Gomez/Benny Blanco/Gracie Abrams - Call Me When You Break Up

Tyla - Push 2 Start

Chappell Roan - The Giver


Last Week's #1 Song: Kendrick Lamar/SZA - Luther

The Countdown:

#40. Shaboozey - A Bar Song (Tipsy) (#38)

#39. Benson Boone - Beautiful Things (#40)

#38. SZA - BMF (#36)

#37. Sabrina Carpenter - Espresso (#35)

#36. Jonas Brothers - Love Me To Heaven (DEBUT)

#35. The Weeknd/Playboi Carti - Timeless (#33)

#34. Chris Brown - Residuals (#37)

#33. Justice/Tame Impala - Neverender (DEBUT)

#32. Jennie - Like Jennie (DEBUT)

#31. Sabrina Carpenter - Busy Woman (DEBUT)

#30. Hozier - Too Sweet (#27)

#29. The Marias - No One Noticed (#28)

#28. Shaboozey - Good News (#39)

#27. Myles Smith - Stargazing (#25)

#26. Almost Monday - Can't Slow Down (#31)

#25. Sabrina Carpenter - Bed Chem (#23)

#24. SZA/Kendrick Lamar - 30 For 30 (#34)

#23. Pitbull/Bon Jovi - Now Or Never (#29)

#22. Drake - NOKIA (#26)

#21. Sabrina Carpenter - Taste (#19)

#20. Miley Cyrus - End Of The World (#22)

#19. Ariana Grande - Twilight Zone (#21)

#18. Morgan Wallen - Love Somebody (#17)

#17. Billie Eilish - Birds Of A Feather (#16)

#16. Billie Eilish - Wildflower (#18)

#15. Gigi Perez - Sailor Song (#14)

#14. Alex Warren - Ordinary (#15)

#13. Rose/Bruno Mars - APT. (#13)

#12. Ed Sheeran - Azizam (#12)

#11. Benson Boone - Sorry I'm Here For Someone Else (#11)

#10. Gracie Abrams - That's So True (#9)

#9. Lady Gaga - Abracadabra (#10)

#8. Teddy Swims - Bad Dreams (#8)

#7. Tate McRae - Sports Car (#7)

#6. The Weeknd - Cry For Me (#6)

#5. Lady Gaga/Bruno Mars - Die With A Smile (#4)

#4. Chappell Roan - Pink Pony Club (#2)

#3. Kendrick Lamar/SZA - Luther (#1)

#2. Doechii - Anxiety (#5)

#1. Lola Young - Messy (#3) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Benson Boone - Beautiful Things (3 of 4 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm glad to see Shaboozey - Good News (+11) take the biggest jump and for gaining some airplay on pop radio this week. This deserves it! Now, hopefully it'll go to the Top 20 soon.

Hozier - Too Sweet (-3) took a short biggest drop this week which I'm actually okay with because I know it's been on there for a long time. But I know it's officially on its way out of here so I guess this totally makes sense.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Jonas Brothers - Love Me To Heaven: This was actually their first solo song in 2 years which was actually super interesting. Gosh, I've actually been waiting for them to make another solo song since then. And now, here it is on there. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song and it's actually a step up from Slow Motion. With my opinion on it, the production was so amazing, both Nick and Joe's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were so nicely-written, and the chorus was so phenomenal. Let's see how far this goes on there.


Justice/Tame Impala - Neverender: The best debut this week. Also, does anybody remember this French electronic music duo? They had a song called D.A.N.C.E back in 2007, and that was a fun song for me back then. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. I've been hearing this song a lot on Alt Nation. But definitely not as good as D.A.N.C.E, but it's still phenomenal. With my opinion on this song, the production was so phenomenal, Tame Impala's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was so heavenly. Let's see how far this one gets on there.


Jennie - Like Jennie: I've actually found out that this song was actually produced by Diplo which was actually super interesting although he wasn't credited to be featured in the song but it's okay. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. But definitely not as good as Handlebars, but it's still phenomenal. With my opinion on this one, the production was so phenomenal, Jennie's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was so heavenly. Let's see how this one does on there.


Sabrina Carpenter - Busy Woman: So she has released the deluxe version of Short N Sweet a few months ago which contains a remix of Please Please Please with Dolly Parton and this new song which now debuts on there this week. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song and it's actually a step up from Bed Chem. With my opinion on this song, the production was so phenomenal, Sabrina's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were so remarkable, and the chorus was so heavenly. Hopefully this should become a hit on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Lady Gaga/Bruno Mars - Die With A Smile: Well it's finally about to get out of the Top 5. It's been in there for quite a long time. But I'm sure it's going to be out of here within the next week or so.

4. Chappell Roan - Pink Pony Club: It dropped out of the Top 3. I actually didn't expect it to happen, but it still had an amazing run in there which is still good. Though I really would like this song to stay in the Top 5 for a few more weeks or so. But let's see what happens next.

3. Kendrick Lamar/SZA - Luther: It dropped out of the top spot. But it really had an awesome run in there for a couple weeks which was amazing. Though I really want this song to stay in the Top 3 for a little while longer at the very least. Let's see how long it'll remain in there.

2. Doechii - Anxiety: It's almost at the top spot! I'm super pleased to see this song move up to this spot. Plus, I know Somebody That I Used To Know has hit the top spot on there back in 2012 so I really want this song to do the same thing since it samples Somebody That I Used To Know. Hopefully it will be at the top spot very soon.

1. Lola Young - Messy: I'm super pleased to see this song at the top spot. This totally deserves to be in there! And I'd really like this song to stay in there for at least a couple more weeks since it's going to be in my Top 10 Songs of the year, however I'm sure another song might take over the top spot within the next week or so. But let's see how long it'll hold the spot.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

None


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

20. Billie Eilish - Wildflower

19. Billie Eilish - Birds Of A Feather


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

18. Alex Warren - Ordinary

17. Morgan Wallen - Love Somebody

16. Teddy Swims - Bad Dreams

15. Benson Boone - Sorry I'm Here For Someone Else

14. Miley Cyrus - End Of The World

13. The Weeknd - Cry For Me

12. Lady Gaga/Bruno Mars - Die With A Smile

11. Rose/Bruno Mars - APT.

10. Ariana Grande - Twilight Zone

9. Gigi Perez - Sailor Song

8. Ed Sheeran - Azizam

7. Lady Gaga - Abracadabra

6. Gracie Abrams - That's So True

5. Chappell Roan - Pink Pony Club

4. Kendrick Lamar/SZA - Luther

3. Tate McRae - Sports Car


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Lola Young - Messy (+2 extra points for being #1)

TIE: 1. Doechii - Anxiety


Total Score: 100/100 = 100% (A) [Awesome]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Seconds Of Summer (2) Week Of October 5, 2019

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Imagine Dragons (1) Week Of June 2, 2018