Benson Boone (1) Week Of May 24, 2025
As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks super interesting, although we did get rid of a song that was going to be in my top songs of the year. But we do have another brand new #1 song on there this week which was always nice to see. But I'll get to that later on in this post like always. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.
Lola Young - Messy
Morgan Wallen/Post Malone - I Ain't Comin' Back
Jennie - Like Jennie
Last Week's #1 Song: Lady Gaga - Abracadabra
The Countdown:
#30. Alessi Rose - Same Mouth (DEBUT)
#29. Morgan Wallen/Tate McRae - What I Want (DEBUT)
#28. Jessie Murph - Blue Strips (#30)
#27. Drake - NOKIA (#28)
#26. Ravyn Lenae - Love Me Not (#29)
#25. Rose - Messy (#27)
#24. D4vd - Feel It (#26)
#23. Maroon 5/LISA - Priceless (#22)
#22. Lorde - What Was That (#21)
#21. SZA/Kendrick Lamar - 30 For 30 (#23)
#20. Sombr - Undressed (#24)
#19. Charli XCX - Party 4 U (#19)
#18. Benson Boone - Mystical Magical (#18)
#17. Ariana Grande - Twilight Zone (#9)
#16. The Weeknd - Cry For Me (#17)
#15. Miley Cyrus - End Of The World (#14)
#14. Shaboozey - Good News (RE-ENTRY)
#13. Tate McRae - Sports Car (#12)
#12. Jonas Brothers - Love Me To Heaven (#16)
#11. Chappell Roan - The Giver (#10)
#10. Doechii - Anxiety (#8)
#9. Role Model - Sally, When The Wine Runs Out (#13)
#8. Rose - Toxic Till The End (#5)
#7. Teddy Swims - Bad Dreams (#6)
#6. Selena Gomez/Benny Blanco/Gracie Abrams - Call Me When You Break Up (#7)
#5. Ed Sheeran - Azizam (#4)
#4. Sabrina Carpenter - Busy Woman (#3)
#3. Alex Warren - Ordinary (#11)
#2. Lady Gaga - Abracadabra (#1)
#1. Benson Boone - Sorry I'm Here For Someone Else (#2) [1st Week At #1]
#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:
Hozier - Too Sweet (3 of 6 weeks at #1)
This Week's Mover and Shaker:
I'm so glad to see Alex Warren - Ordinary (+8) take the biggest jump all the way to the Top 3. What a week it has been for him! But I'll have more on that soon.
I'm really not too thrilled to see Ariana Grande - Twilight Zone (-8) take the biggest drop. This totally doesn't deserve to take that! But I'm really hoping that it should move back up soon.
New Song/s on the countdown this week are:
Alessi Rose - Same Mouth: So she has now officially made her countdown debut this week after IKYK dropped out of Hit Bound after spending a long time on there earlier this year. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. But definitely not as good as IKYK, but it's still phenomenal. With my opinion on it, the production was so phenomenal, Alessi's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were so interesting, and the chorus was so heavenly. Let's see how far this goes on there.
Morgan Wallen/Tate McRae - What I Want: The best countdown debut this week. So he has dropped his much-anticipated album I'm The Problem last week, and now we have one of the songs from it debuting on there this week. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song and it's definitely a step up from I Ain't Comin' Back. With my opinion on this song, the production was so phenomenal, both Morgan and Tate sound super phenomenal, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was so heavenly. Let's see how this one does on there.
Shaboozey - Good News: I'm actually fine with this song coming back to the countdown this week because I know it's starting to gain some airplay on pop radio and the AT40, so I guess that makes sense. Now, let's see how this one does on its second run in there.
My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:
5. Ed Sheeran - Azizam: Can we please not let this song drop? I really would like to see this song in the Top 3 and not be out of the Top 5. But let's see if it'll move back up next week.
4. Sabrina Carpenter - Busy Woman: Come on, this song shouldn't be dropping and be out of the Top 3! We all know who she is, and I know she's been having lots of songs that end up in the top spot on there recently. But I'm sure this is going to be back in the Top 3 within the next week or so. Hopefully I'm right.
3. Alex Warren - Ordinary: Thanks to its biggest jump this week, this song has now made its debut all the way to the Top 3. I'm once again glad to see this song get all the way in there. But I'm not sure if it'll end up in the top spot, but let's see if it does soon.
2. Lady Gaga - Abracadabra: It dropped out of the top spot. But it still had quite an incredible run in there which was still amazing. Though I'm sure this song is probably going to end up in the Top 5 for a little while longer at the very least. But let's see what happens next.
1. Benson Boone - Sorry I'm Here For Someone Else: I'm so pleased to see this song at the top spot. This really deserves to be in there! And this has now become his second career #1 song on there which was amazing. Now, let's see how long it'll hold the spot.
Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:
1. People R Ugly - DOULOVEME
2. Renee Rapp - Leave Me Alone (DEBUT)
3. Ed Sheeran - Old Phone
4. Michael Clifford - Cool
5. Alex Warren/Jelly Roll - Bloodline (DEBUT)
6. Dove Cameron - French Girls
7. Benson Boone - Momma Song (DEBUT)
8. Machine Gun Kelly - Cliche (DEBUT)
9. Emei - Crazy Stupid Love
10. Jon Bellion/Luke Combs - WHY (DEBUT)
11. Joe Jonas - Heart By Heart
12. The Paradox - Do Me Like That
13. Tyla - Bliss
14. Rihanna - Friend Of Mine
15. Laufey - Tough Luck
16. Avril Lavigne/Simple Plan - Young & Dumb
New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:
Renee Rapp - Leave Me Alone: She hasn't been making any music for a year, and now she's finally back on there this week. As far as the song goes, it's definitely another phenomenal song. But definitely not as good as Not My Fault, but it's still phenomenal. With my opinion on it, the production was so phenomenal, Renee's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and the chorus was so heavenly. Hopefully this should make the countdown soon.
Alex Warren/Jelly Roll - Bloodline: So apparently he wrote this song for someone as an EDM song, and I'm not really sure who because I can't find any information from it. But I think it's so interesting how he wrote it. As far as the song goes, it's definitely another amazing song and it's actually a step up from Ordinary. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, both Alex and Jelly Roll sound super amazing, the lyrics were so interesting, and the chorus was so phenomenal. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.
Benson Boone - Momma Song: Although I wish Hits 1 would've picked this song up 2 weeks ago since the song's lyrics were for his mom on Mother's Day, which actually fits the title which was super interesting. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. But definitely not as good as Mystical Magical, but it's still amazing. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, Benson's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were very nicely-written, and the chorus was so phenomenal. Let's see if this should be on the countdown soon.
Machine Gun Kelly - Cliche: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. Also, I noticed that he changed his name to MGK, but I actually refuse to call him that because I've actually gotten so used to calling him Machine Gun Kelly. And now he's back on there since Lonely Road last year. As far as this new song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song and it's definitely a step up from Lonely Road. With my opinion on this song, the production was so phenomenal, MGK's vocals were super excellent, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was so heavenly. Hopefully it'll end up on the countdown soon.
Jon Bellion/Luke Combs - WHY: We've now picked up another single from him after Horoscope dropped out of here a couple weeks ago. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song and it's definitely a huge step up from Horoscope. With my opinion on it, the production was so amazing, both Jon and Luke sound super amazing, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was so phenomenal. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.
My Top 30 Review:
0 - Crap:
30. Drake - NOKIA
29. Charli XCX - Party 4 U
28. D4vd - Feel It
1 - Bad:
None
2 - Mediocre:
None
3 - Decent:
None
4 - Good:
None
5 - Great:
27. Alex Warren - Ordinary
26. Jonas Brothers - Love Me To Heaven
25. Teddy Swims - Bad Dreams
24. Benson Boone - Sorry I'm Here For Someone Else
23. Shaboozey - Good News
22. Sabrina Carpenter - Busy Woman
21. Miley Cyrus - End Of The World
20. Chappell Roan - The Giver
19. The Weeknd - Cry For Me
18. Rose - Messy
17. Maroon 5/LISA - Priceless
16. Alessi Rose - Same Mouth
15. Ariana Grande - Twilight Zone
14. Jessie Murph - Blue Strips
13. Selena Gomez/Benny Blanco/Gracie Abrams - Call Me When You Break Up
12. Ed Sheeran - Azizam
11. Morgan Wallen/Tate McRae - What I Want
10. Ravyn Lenae - Love Me Not
9. Rose - Toxic Till The End
8. Lady Gaga - Abracadabra
7. Benson Boone - Mystical Magical
6. Lorde - What Was That
5. Tate McRae - Sports Car
4. Role Model - Sally, When The Wine Runs Out
6 - Best Song On The Countdown:
TIE: 1. Sombr - Undressed
TIE: 1. SZA/Kendrick Lamar - 30 For 30
TIE: 1. Doechii - Anxiety
Total Score: 138/150 = 92% (A-) [Great]
Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!
Comments
Post a Comment