AT40: Miguel (1) Week Of June 3, 2023

So we are now officially in the month of June, and now I only have 1 more week left of my second year of college! Gosh, time sure is flying by so fast. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks so interesting. We do have some more interesting debuts and we have another brand new #1 song on there. But I'm gonna get to them later on in this post like what I always do, But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Zara Larsson - Can't Tame Her

Lady Gaga - Bloody Mary

Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song)


Last Week's #1 Song: Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down

The Countdown:

#40. Melanie Martinez - Void (DEBUT)

#39. Nicki Minaj - Super Freaky Girl (#38)

#38. Luke Combs - Fast Car (DEBUT)

#37. Fifty Fifty - Cupid (DEBUT)

#36. Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero (#35)

#35. Lewis Capaldi - Wish You The Best (#37)

#34. SZA - Snooze (#39)

#33. Charlie Puth/Dan + Shay - That's Not How This Works (#32)

#32. Rita Ora/Fatboy Slim - Praising You (#36)

#31. Chris Brown - Under The Influence (#28)

#30. Kim Petras/Nicki Minaj - Alone (#33)

#29. Lizzy McAlpine - Ceilings (#30)

#28. XG - Left Right (#29)

#27. David Guetta/Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue) (#23)

#26. P!nk - Trustfall (#27)

#25. Sam Smith/Kim Petras - Unholy (#20)

#24. Jax - Cinderella Snapped (#24)

#23. David Guetta/Anne-Marie/Coi Leray - Baby Don't Hurt Me (#26)

#22. Raye/070 Shake - Escapism (#14)

#21. Meghan Trainor - Mother (#22)

#20. Miley Cyrus - Jaded (#25)

#19. Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze (#17)

#18. NF - Happy (#19)

#17. The Weeknd/Future - Double Fantasy (#18)

#16. Toosii - Favorite Song (#16)

#15. Kane Brown/Katelyn Brown - Thank God (#13)

#14. Jonas Brothers - Waffle House (#15)

#13. Coi Leray - Players (#9)

#12. Taylor Swift - Karma (#21)

#11. Morgan Wallen - Last Night (#12)

#10. Sabrina Carpenter - Nonsense (#10)

#9. PinkPantheress - Boy's A Liar (#7)

#8. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed (#8)

#7. The Weeknd - Die For You (#6)

#6. Post Malone - Chemical (#11)

#5. SZA - Kill Bill (#5)

#4. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin' (#4)

#3. Miley Cyrus - Flowers (#2)

#2. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down (#1)

#1. Miguel - Sure Thing (#3) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Harry Styles - As It Was (2 of 6 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased about Taylor Swift - Karma (+9) taking the biggest jump to the Top 20 this week. What a big week it has been for her! And I'm sure hoping it should go to the Top 10 soon.

Raye/070 Shake - Escapism (-8) sure has been losing lots of airplay recently. And now it's out of the Top 20, so I'm sure it's now officially on it's way out of here.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Melanie Martinez - Void: I believe this was her first ever appearance on there. I've actually been listening to some of her other songs before this one and I thought they were so amazing. As far as this new song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. With my opinion on this one, the production was so phenomenal, Melanie's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was so heavenly. Let's see how this one does on there.


Luke Combs - Fast Car: The best debut this week. I've been hearing this song a lot on The Highway. And of course this song has also been doing super well on the country radio charts recently so that's why it's there. And what I've noticed about this song is that it's actually the cover of the original song from Tracy Chapman back in 1988, which I think is so interesting. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. With my opinion on this song, the production was so phenomenal, Luke's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was so heavenly. Let's see how far this gets on there.


Fifty Fifty - Cupid: We have another K-Pop girl group band making their first ever appearance on there this week, which was actually so amazing. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. With my opinion on this song, the production was so phenomenal, these girls all sound super phenomenal, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was so heavenly. Hopefully this should do well on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. SZA - Kill Bill: I actually thought that it was going to be out of the Top 5 this week, but I'm still pleased that it's somehow still in there. But I'm sure next week it'll definitely be out of here.

4. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin': I'm sure it's definitely leaving the Top 5 within the next week or so. But let's see what happens next.

3. Miley Cyrus - Flowers: I actually didn't expect this song to drop, but at least it's still in the Top 3, so I'm still pleased about that.

2. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down: It dropped out of the top spot. But it still had a nice stay in there for a couple weeks. Although I'm sure this might leave the Top 3 sometime soon.

1. Miguel - Sure Thing: I'm so pleased to see this song at the top spot. And I believe this was the oldest song on there to ever hit the top spot this week, since the song was released in 2010. That was actually 13 years late for this song to hit the top spot. I wish it would've done that at the time, but I'm still pleased to see this song at that spot. Now, let's see how long it could hold the spot.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Post Malone - Chemical


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

19. Toosii - Favorite Song


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

18. Coi Leray - Players

17. NF - Happy

16. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin'

15. Miguel - Sure Thing

14. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down

13. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed

12. Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze

11. Kane Brown/Katelyn Brown - Thank God

10. Sabrina Carpenter - Nonsense

9. Morgan Wallen - Last Night

8. PinkPantheress - Boy's A Liar

7. Miley Cyrus - Jaded

6. Jonas Brothers - Waffle House

5. The Weeknd/Future - Double Fantasy

4. The Weeknd - Die For You

3. SZA - Kill Bill

2. Taylor Swift - Karma


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Miley Cyrus - Flowers


Total Score: 94/100 = 94% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023