AT40: Rema (2) Week Of May 27, 2023

I hope everyone's been having an amazing Memorial Day weekend! So far mine is going amazing, I can't wait for the cookout on Monday. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks so interesting. We do have some more interesting debuts this week, and of course I'm gonna get to them later on in this post like what I always do. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Lizzo/SZA - Special

Niall Horan - Heaven

The Kid Laroi - Love Again


Last Week's #1 Song: Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down

The Countdown:

#40. Post Malone/Doja Cat - I Like You (A Happier Song) (#40)

#39. SZA - Snooze (DEBUT)

#38. Nicki Minaj - Super Freaky Girl (#37)

#37. Lewis Capaldi - Wish You The Best (DEBUT)

#36. Rita Ora/Fatboy Slim - Praising You (DEBUT)

#35. Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero (#32)

#34. Charlie Puth/Dan + Shay - That's Not How This Works (#34)

#33. Kim Petras/Nicki Minaj - Alone (#36)

#32. Lady Gaga - Bloody Mary (#23)

#31. Zara Larsson - Can't Tame Her (#31)

#30. Lizzy McAlpine - Ceilings (#33)

#29. XG - Left Right (#30)

#28. Chris Brown - Under The Influence (#27)

#27. P!nk - Trustfall (#28)

#26. David Guetta/Anne-Marie/Coi Leray - Baby Don't Hurt Me (#29)

#25. Miley Cyrus - Jaded (#26)

#24. Jax - Cinderella Snapped (#24)

#23. David Guetta/Bebe Rexha - I'm Good (Blue) (#22)

#22. Meghan Trainor - Mother (#21)

#21. Taylor Swift - Karma (#25)

#20. Sam Smith/Kim Petras - Unholy (#19)

#19. NF - Happy (#20)

#18. The Weeknd/Future - Double Fantasy (#18)

#17. Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze (#15)

#16. Toosii - Favorite Song (#17)

#15. Jonas Brothers - Waffle House (#16)

#14. Raye/070 Shake - Escapism (#11)

#13. Kane Brown/Katelyn Brown - Thank God (#14)

#12. Morgan Wallen - Last Night (#13)

#11. Post Malone - Chemical (#9)

#10. Sabrina Carpenter - Nonsense (#12)

#9. Coi Leray - Players (#8)

#8. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed (#10)

#7. PinkPantheress - Boy's A Liar (#6)

#6. The Weeknd - Die For You (#7)

#5. SZA - Kill Bill (#4)

#4. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin' (#5)

#3. Miguel - Sure Thing (#3)

#2. Miley Cyrus - Flowers (#2)

#1. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down (#1) [2nd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Harry Styles - As It Was (1 of 6 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased about Taylor Swift - Karma (+4) taking a short biggest jump. And I'm sure hoping this should go to the Top 20 next week.

Lady Gaga - Bloody Mary (-9) sure has been losing lots of airplay recently. Although I'm sure it's about to be out of here very soon.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


SZA - Snooze: This is absolutely another phenomenal song. But definitely not as good as Kill Bill, but it's still phenomenal. With my opinion on this song, the production was so phenomenal, SZA's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was so heavenly. I'm sure hoping that this should become a hit on there which I'm sure it's going to.


Lewis Capaldi - Wish You The Best: This is absolutely another amazing song and it's actually a little bit of a step up from How I'm Feeling Now. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, Lewis's vocals were super amazing, I'm definitely a huge fan of the lyrics, and the chorus was so phenomenal. Let's see how far this one gets on there.


Rita Ora/Fatboy Slim - Praising You: The best debut this week. So this song is another remake of an old song and it was actually Fatboy Slim's own song Praise You, which I think is super interesting. As far as the song goes, it's absolutely another phenomenal song and it's definitely a step up from You Only Love Me. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Rita's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was super heavenly. Hopefully this should do well on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. SZA - Kill Bill: Yeah I'm sure this is definitely leaving the Top 5 pretty soon. Maybe within the next week or so it'll be out of here.

4. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin': I actually did not expect this song to jump, but again I'm sure it's going to be out of the Top 5 very soon.

3. Miguel - Sure Thing: I'm still waiting for this song to move up and get to the top spot. But again I'm not sure if it's actually going to do that, but let's see what happens next.

2. Miley Cyrus - Flowers: Yeah I'm sure this song is going to remain at this spot because of how well it did at the top spot. Let's see how long it'll stay in there.

1. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm so pleased to see this song still at that spot. But I'm sure another song might take over the top spot soon, but let's see if it'll stay in there or not.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Post Malone - Chemical


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

19. Toosii - Favorite Song


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

18. Coi Leray - Players

17. NF - Happy

16. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin'

15. Miguel - Sure Thing

14. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down

13. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed

12. Raye/070 Shake - Escapism

11. Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze

10. Kane Brown/Katelyn Brown - Thank God

9. Sabrina Carpenter - Nonsense

8. Morgan Wallen - Last Night

7. PinkPantheress - Boy's A Liar

6. Sam Smith/Kim Petras - Unholy

5. Jonas Brothers - Waffle House

4. The Weeknd/Future - Double Fantasy

3. The Weeknd - Die For You

2. SZA - Kill Bill


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Miley Cyrus - Flowers


Total Score: 94/100 = 94% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023