Tiesto (3) Week Of April 8, 2023

As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks so phenomenal. We did get rid of another piece of trash and now we have no bad songs on there, which was actually super amazing. And we also have a phenomenal Top 3 this week, and that I'll get to it later on in this post like what I always do. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Mimi Webb - Red Flags

Jvke - This Is What Heartbreak Feels Like

Tori Kelly - Missin U


Last Week's #1 Song: Tiesto/Tate McRae - 10:35

The Countdown:

#30. Miguel - Sure Thing (DEBUT)

#29. Charlie Puth/Dan + Shay - That's Not How This Works (DEBUT)

#28. Miley Cyrus - River (#22)

#27. Lizzy McAlpine - Ceilings (#30)

#26. Meghan Trainor - Mother (#27)

#25. Taylor Swift - All Of The Girls You Loved Before (DEBUT)

#24. PinkPantheress/Ice Spice - Boy's A Liar (#20)

#23. Gracie Abrams - I Know It Won't Work (#26)

#22. Jax - Cinderella Snapped (#23)

#21. Jonas Brothers - Wings (#14)

#20. Coi Leray - Players (#25)

#19. Renee Rapp - Too Well (#19)

#18. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin' (#17)

#17. The Kid Laroi - Love Again (#21)

#16. SZA - Nobody Gets Me (#13)

#15. Fall Out Boy - Love From The Other Side (#10)

#14. Halsey - Die 4 Me (#16)

#13. Kane Brown/Katelyn Brown - Thank God (#15)

#12. Lady Gaga - Bloody Mary (#9)

#11. The 1975 - I'm In Love With You (#12)

#10. Lizzo/SZA - Special (#8)

#9. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed (#28)

#8. Sabrina Carpenter - Nonsense (#9)

#7. Raye/070 Shake - Escapism (#18)

#6. Miley Cyrus - Flowers (#2)

#5. Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze (#5)

#4. SZA - Kill Bill (#4)

#3. Niall Horan - Heaven (#3)

#2. Latto/Lu Kala - Lottery (#6)

#1. Tiesto/Tate McRae - 10:35 (#1) [3rd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Imagine Dragons/J.I.D. - Enemy (3 of 6 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased to see Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed (+19) take the biggest jump to the Top 10 on it's second week. And I'm sure this is going to be in the Top 5 within the next week or so. Let's see if it does soon.

I'm not too thrilled to see Jonas Brothers - Wings (-7) take the biggest drop. But I'm sure it's starting to lose airplay so I'm sure it's going to be out of here soon.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Miguel - Sure Thing: This song was actually released in 2010, which was 13 years late. It's way too old to be on there, but I'm sure this song must've gone viral on TikTok or something recently. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, Miguel's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was so phenomenal. Let's see how this one does on there.


Charlie Puth/Dan + Shay - That's Not How This Works: I've noticed that this song was actually not a pop-country song, even though Charlie collaborated with a country duo. But this is still an amazing song for me. With my opinion on this one, the production was so amazing, both Charlie and Dan sound super amazing and they actually have great chemistry here, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was so phenomenal. Hopefully this should do well on there.


Taylor Swift - All Of The Girls You Loved Before: The best countdown debut this week. So she has put out an unreleased track from her album Lover which I think is so interesting. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song and it's actually a step up from Lavender Haze. With my opinion on this one, the production was so phenomenal, Taylor's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was so heavenly. Hopefully this should become a hit on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze: At least it's still in the Top 5 so I'm good with that. But again it might be out of here within the next week or so.

4. SZA - Kill Bill: I'm still cool with this song still standing at this spot. Although this might leave the Top 5 sometime soon, but maybe I'd like it to spend a couple more weeks in there and then be out of here.

3. Niall Horan - Heaven: I'm still waiting for this song to move up and get to the top spot. But I'm sure hoping that next week it should do it.

2. Latto/Lu Kala - Lottery: It debuted the Top 5 and into the Top 3 this week and now it's almost at the top spot. I'm super pleased to see this song in there, but I'm sure it's probably not going to hit the top spot. But maybe I'd like this song to stay in the Top 3 for a little while longer at the very least.

1. Tiesto/Tate McRae - 10:35: Holding the top spot for the 3rd week in a row. I'm so pleased that it's still in there. It sure has been doing so well on there recently. Now, let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Toosii - Favorite Song

2. Jonas Brothers - Waffle House (DEBUT)

3. David Guetta/Anne-Marie/Coi Leray - Baby Don't Hurt Me (DEBUT)

4. Avery Anna - Self Love (DEBUT)

5. NF - Happy (DEBUT)

6. Jessie Murph - Where Do You Go

7. Crash Adams - Give Me A Kiss

8. Lewis Capaldi - How I'm Feeling Now

9. Nicki Minaj - Red Ruby Da Sleeze

10. Fall Out Boy - What A Time To Be Alive

11. Chappell Roan - Kaleidoscope

12. NOTD/Maia Wright - AM:PM

13. Charlieonafriday/Lil Tjay - Same Friends

14. All Time Low - Calm Down

15. Doechii/Kodak Black - What It Is (Block Boy) (DEBUT)

16. Amelia Moore/Jxdn - FUMD


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Jonas Brothers - Waffle House: Of course this song would actually play a lot at every Waffle House restaurant hence the title. As far as the song goes, it's definitely another phenomenal song and it's actually a step up from Wings. With my opinion on this one, the production was so phenomenal, both Nick and Joe sound super phenomenal, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was so heavenly. Now this song is craving me to eat at a local Waffle House restaurant. Although there were none in my state, but whenever I go on vacation I might stop by one. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


David Guetta/Anne-Marie/Coi Leray - Baby Don't Hurt Me: Now the last time those two collaborated was Don't Leave Me Alone back in 2018, and that was a song that I really enjoyed back then. And now, they collaborated again for the second time. And as for this new song, it's definitely a heavenly EDM song and this is definitely a step up from Don't Leave Me Alone. And this was actually the second time that he sampled an old hit song, this time it was What Is Love from Haddaway. Gosh, it looks like he really loves sampling some old songs in his music. With my opinion on this song, the production was so heavenly, Anne-Marie's vocals were super heavenly, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a humongous fan of, the chorus was extremely heavenly, and Coi's vocals in her verse were super heavenly. This is definitely going to end up in my Top 5 Songs of the year when it debuts the countdown. I'm sure hoping it does soon.


Avery Anna - Self Love: After Narcissist dropped out of Hit Bound last year, we've now picked up a new single from her. As far as the song goes, it's definitely another phenomenal song and it's actually a little bit of a step up from Narcissist. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Avery's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was so heavenly. Hopefully this should be her first countdown appearance on there.


NF - Happy: He has made his return on there after Just Like You in 2021. As far as the song goes, it's definitely another amazing song. But definitely not as good as Just Like You or Pharrell's 2014 hit song with the same title, but it's still amazing. For my opinion on this one, the production was so amazing, his vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were so nicely-written, and the chorus was so phenomenal. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Doechii/Kodak Black - What It Is (Block Boy): This is just a decent song. I actually prefer the original version of it over this version because it has Kodak Black, who was an extremely terrible artist. Though the production here was actually so amazing and Doechii's vocals don't sound bad here. And the lyrics were still very nicely-written and the chorus was actually so catchy. But my main issue about this song is...yep. Kodak Black's verse because he sounds so terrible in it. So yeah, this is decent overall. It would've been better if Hits 1 played the original version because this version was so amazing. But I don't know why they couldn't. But let's see if this should make the countdown soon.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

None


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

30. The Kid Laroi - Love Again


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

29. Coi Leray - Players

28. Niall Horan - Heaven

27. Jonas Brothers - Wings

26. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin'

25. Meghan Trainor - Mother

24. Miguel - Sure Thing

23. Jax - Cinderella Snapped

22. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed

21. Charlie Puth/Dan + Shay - That's Not How This Works

20. SZA - Nobody Gets Me

19. Raye/070 Shake - Escapism

18. Lady Gaga - Bloody Mary

17. Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze

16. Kane Brown/Katelyn Brown - Thank God

15. Gracie Abrams - I Know It Won't Work

14. Sabrina Carpenter - Nonsense

13. PinkPantheress/Ice Spice - Boy's A Liar

12. Lizzo/SZA - Special

11. Miley Cyrus - River

10. Taylor Swift - All Of The Girls You Loved Before

9. Lizzy McAlpine - Ceilings

8. Renee Rapp - Too Well

7. SZA - Kill Bill

6. Fall Out Boy - Love From The Other Side

5. Miley Cyrus - Flowers

4. Halsey - Die 4 Me

3. Tiesto/Tate McRae - 10:35


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. The 1975 - I'm In Love With You

TIE: 1. Latto/Lu Kala - Lottery


Total Score: 150/150 = 100% (A) [Awesome]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Nicky Youre (3) Week Of July 23, 2022