Taylor Swift (1) Week Of June 10, 2023

So I'm now officially done with my second year of college and now I'm on summer break. I thought that I did an amazing job on my second year of college. And now I get to relax and enjoy being in the sun a lot during the summer. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks so amazing. We do have another brand new #1 song on there, which of course I'll get to that later on in this post like what I always do. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Jax - Cinderella Snapped

Kim Petras/Nicki Minaj - Alone

Morgan Wallen - Last Night

Tiesto/Tate McRae - 10:35

Kane Brown/Katelyn Brown - Thank God

The Weeknd/Future - Double Fantasy


Last Week's #1 Song: Fall Out Boy - Love From The Other Side

The Countdown:

#30. The Weeknd/Playboi Carti/Madonna - Popular (DEBUT)

#29. David Kushner - Daylight (#26)

#28. Melanie Martinez - Void (RE-ENTRY)

#27. Jonas Brothers - Summer Baby (DEBUT)

#26. Toosii - Favorite Song (#30)

#25. OneRepublic - Runaway (DEBUT)

#24. NF - Happy (RE-ENTRY)

#23. Gracie Abrams - I Know It Won't Work (RE-ENTRY)

#22. Icandy - Keep Dat (#27)

#21. Harry Styles - Satellite (#22)

#20. Post Malone - Mourning (#25)

#19. Niall Horan - Meltdown (#24)

#18. SZA - Snooze (#21)

#17. Lauren Spencer-Smith - That Part (#28)

#16. Dua Lipa - Dance The Night (#29)

#15. Luke Combs - Fast Car (#16)

#14. Latto/Lu Kala - Lottery (#7)

#13. Lewis Capaldi - Wish You The Best (#14)

#12. David Guetta/Anne-Marie/Coi Leray - Baby Don't Hurt Me (#17)

#11. Niall Horan - Heaven (#10)

#10. Crash Adams - Give Me A Kiss (#12)

#9. Miley Cyrus - Jaded (#11)

#8. The 1975 - I'm In Love With You (#8)

#7. Fifty Fifty - Cupid (#13)

#6. Charlie Puth/Dan + Shay - That's Not How This Works (#6)

#5. Post Malone - Chemical (#5)

#4. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed (#4)

#3. Fall Out Boy - Love From The Other Side (#1)

#2. Jonas Brothers - Waffle House (#3)

#1. Taylor Swift/Ice Spice - Karma (#2) [1st Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Harry Styles - As It Was (5 of 8 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm so pleased to see Dua Lipa - Dance The Night (+13) gain lots and lots of airplay on the pop radio charts this week and for getting the biggest jump on there. What an epic week it has been for her! And I'm sure hoping that it should go to the Top 10 soon.

Latto/Lu Kala - Lottery (-7) sure has been losing airplay recently and of course that's what caused this song to take the biggest drop. And I'm sure it's going to be out of here very soon.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


The Weeknd/Playboi Carti/Madonna - Popular: The best countdown debut this week. This is absolutely a heavenly song and it's definitely a step up from Double Fantasy. With my opinion on this song, the production was so heavenly, Abel's vocals were super heavenly, Madonna's vocals in the second verse were extremely heavenly and she actually sounds the best here, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a humongous fan of, the chorus was extremely heavenly, and Playboi Carti's rapping in his verse was actually super heavenly and he actually sounds way better on here than in his other songs. This is definitely going to end up in my Top 10 Songs of the year. Right now we have 5, so we're officially halfway there from making this list! Hopefully this should become a hit on there.


Melanie Martinez - Void: It's so nice to see this song come back on there. This really deserves it! And I'm sure hoping that this should do better on it's second run in there.


Jonas Brothers - Summer Baby: So they've put out a new album last month, and it was actually called The Album, which I think was weird. I actually wish it would have a name. But this is definitely another phenomenal song for me. But definitely not as good as Waffle House, but it's still phenomenal. With my opinion, the production was super amazing, both Nick and Joe sound so phenomenal, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and the chorus was super phenomenal. Let's see how this one does on there.


OneRepublic - Runaway: This is absolutely another phenomenal song. Though definitely not as good as I Ain't Worried, but it's still phenomenal. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Ryan's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were so nicely-written, and the chorus was so heavenly. But yeah, this is absolutely another phenomenal song overall for me to listen to. Hopefully this should do well on there.


NF - Happy: This has also re-entered the countdown this week, and that I was so pleased to see. Hopefully this should do better on there on it's third run.


Gracie Abrams - I Know It Won't Work: Wow, I actually did not expect this song to come back to the countdown, but I'm so pleased to see it do that. Now, let's see how far this gets on it's second run in there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Post Malone - Chemical: Can we please let this song be out of the Top 5? This does not deserve to still be in there. Come on, we don't want it to be in the Top 3.

4. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed: Once again I'm still waiting for it to go to the Top 3. But I'm not sure if it'll actually ever come back in there.

3. Fall Out Boy - Love From The Other Side: It dropped out of the top spot. But it still had an amazing run in there for a few weeks. And I'm sure I'd like it to stay in the Top 5 for a few more weeks longer and then be on it's way out of here.

2. Jonas Brothers - Waffle House: I'm pleased that it's moving back up to this spot, but again I'm not sure if it'll actually go to the top spot, but I'm sure hoping that it will soon.

1. Taylor Swift/Ice Spice - Karma: I'm so pleased to see this song at the top spot. This totally deserves it! She sure has been having lots of #1 songs on there recently. Now, let's see how long it could hold the spot.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Ice Spice/Nicki Minaj - Princess Diana

2. Niall Horan - If You Leave Me (DEBUT)

3. Kali - Area Codes (RE-ENTRY)

4. Shawn Mendes - What The Hell Are We Dying For (DEBUT)

5. Ed Sheeran - A Beautiful Game

6. Pitbull/Lil Jon - Jumpin

7. Sam Smith/Madonna - Vulgar (DEBUT)

8. Nicky Youre - Good Times Go (DEBUT)

9. Kodak Black/NLE Choppa/Jimin/Jvke/Muni Long - Angel Pt. 1

10. PinkPantheress - Angel (DEBUT)

11. Jessie Murph/Maren Morris - Texas (DEBUT)

12. Bailey Bryan - IYKYK (DEBUT)

13. Doechii - What It Is (Block Boy) (RE-ENTRY)

14. Madison Beer - Home To Another One (DEBUT)

15. Lil Durk/J. Cole - All My Life (DEBUT)

16. Crash Adams - Lucky


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Niall Horan - If You Leave Me: This is absolutely another amazing song and this is actually a little bit of a step up from Meltdown. With my opinion on this one, the production was so amazing, Niall's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was so phenomenal. And I'm sure this is going to debut the countdown when Meltdown hits the Top 5. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Kali - Area Codes: I actually did not expect this song to come back on there, but I'm pleased to see it do that. Now, let's see if this should have another chance to be on the countdown soon.


Shawn Mendes - What The Hell Are We Dying For: He's now back in there after Heartbeat became a Hit Bound dropout last year. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song and it's actually a step up from Heartbeat. With my opinion on this song, the production was super amazing, Shawn's vocals were so phenomenal, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was super phenomenal. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Sam Smith/Madonna - Vulgar: Though I do know a lot of people say that this is Unholy part 2 since it sounds similar. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. With my opinion, the production was super amazing, Sam's vocals were so phenomenal, Madonna's vocals were super phenomenal in her contribution, the lyrics were so interesting, and the chorus was super phenomenal. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Nicky Youre - Good Times Go: This actually sounds a bit different than his other songs, but this is absolutely another phenomenal song and it's actually a step up from Shut Me Up. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Nicky's vocals were super phenomenal, I'm definitely a huge fan of the lyrics, and the chorus was so heavenly. But yeah, phenomenal song overall. Here's to hoping that it should be on the countdown soon.


PinkPantheress - Angel: Since Boy's A Liar has been doing well on the pop radio charts, we've now picked up a new single from her. And this is actually another song that was taken from the soundtrack from the new upcoming Barbie movie, which I think is so interesting. As far as the song goes, it's definitely another phenomenal song and it's actually a step up from Boy's A Liar. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, PinkPantheress's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was so heavenly. Hopefully this should be on the countdown soon.


Jessie Murph/Maren Morris - Texas: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. This is absolutely another phenomenal and fun song and it's definitely a step up from Where Do You Go. With my opinion on this song, the production was so phenomenal, Jessie's vocals were pretty phenomenal, Maren's vocals were super phenomenal in her contribution, I'm definitely a huge fan of the lyrics, and the chorus was super heavenly. But I don't think it's ever going to make the countdown because she's been having a lot of Hit Bound dropouts recently. But let's see if this should make the countdown soon.


Bailey Bryan - IYKYK: Remember when she had a Hit Bound dropout called MF? Well she's back. As far as the song goes, it's definitely another phenomenal song and it's actually a step up from MF. With my opinion on this one, the production was so phenomenal, Bailey's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was so heavenly. But I'm not sure if it'll actually be on the countdown, but let's see if it does soon.


Doechii - What It Is (Block Boy): So this song has came back in there, except they switched to the solo version and not with Kodak Black thank goodness. His verse was so awful in it, but it's so nice to see Hits 1 cut it out! Now, let's see if this should have another chance to be on the countdown soon.


Madison Beer - Home To Another One: She's finally back in there after 4 years. Now, if you all remember back in 2018, Home With You has been my #2 favorite song of the year and then in 2019, she brought us Hurts Like Hell, which was decent for me. As far as this new song goes, it's actually another phenomenal song. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Madison's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was so heavenly. Hopefully it'll be on the countdown soon.


Lil Durk/J. Cole - All My Life: This is just a decent song. There really isn't anything interesting to say about this song. Although the piano-driven trap production doesn't sound good here, but Lil Durk and J. Cole's verses actually sound amazing here and I don't mind the lyrics because I think they're still so nicely-written. Though the chorus here was decent but I don't really like the choir vocals in it. But this is decent overall. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Post Malone - Chemical

29. Post Malone - Mourning


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

28. Toosii - Favorite Song


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

27. Niall Horan - Heaven

26. Lewis Capaldi - Wish You The Best

25. Niall Horan - Meltdown

24. NF - Happy

23. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed

22. Charlie Puth/Dan + Shay - That's Not How This Works

21. Jonas Brothers - Summer Baby

20. Gracie Abrams - I Know It Won't Work

19. Icandy - Keep Dat

18. Crash Adams - Give Me A Kiss

17. Melanie Martinez - Void

16. Miley Cyrus - Jaded

15. OneRepublic - Runaway

14. Fifty Fifty - Cupid

13. Luke Combs - Fast Car

12. Jonas Brothers - Waffle House

11. Lauren Spencer-Smith - That Part

10. SZA - Snooze

9. Taylor Swift/Ice Spice - Karma

8. Fall Out Boy - Love From The Other Side

7. Harry Styles - Satellite

6. Dua Lipa - Dance The Night

5. The 1975 - I'm In Love With You

4. Latto/Lu Kala - Lottery


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. The Weeknd/Playboi Carti/Madonna - Popular

TIE: 1. David Guetta/Anne-Marie/Coi Leray - Baby Don't Hurt Me

TIE: 1. David Kushner - Daylight


Total Score: 141/150 = 94% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Fall Out Boy (3) Week Of June 3, 2023