Taylor Swift (4) Week Of July 1, 2023

So we are now officially at the halfway point from this year! So far we've been picking up some more amazing music throughout the first half, hopefully the same thing would happen to this second half of this year! Time sure is flying by so fast. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks so amazing. We have quite an interesting Top 10 this week as we welcome in a song that has been on there a few years ago, but I'm gonna get to that later on in this post like what I always do. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Fall Out Boy - Love From The Other Side

Charlie Puth/Dan + Shay - That's Not How This Works

Toosii - Favorite Song

Niall Horan - Heaven


Last Week's #1 Song: Taylor Swift/Ice Spice - Karma

The Countdown:

#30. Doja Cat - Attention (#30)

#29. Dominic Fike - Mona Lisa (DEBUT)

#28. Nicki Minaj/Ice Spice/Aqua - Barbie World (DEBUT)

#27. Morgan Wallen - Last Night (RE-ENTRY)

#26. Melanie Martinez - Void (#28)

#25. Lil Durk/J. Cole - All My Life (#27)

#24. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Like A Grudge (#29)

#23. SZA - Snooze (#17)

#22. Jonas Brothers - Summer Baby (#22)

#21. David Kushner - Daylight (#26)

#20. OneRepublic - Runaway (#15)

#19. Post Malone - Mourning (#21)

#18. Lauren Spencer-Smith - That Part (#16)

#17. Icandy - Keep Dat (#14)

#16. The 1975 - I'm In Love With You (#20)

#15. The Weeknd/Playboi Carti/Madonna - Popular (#25)

#14. Luke Combs - Fast Car (#13)

#13. Miley Cyrus - Jaded (#7)

#12. NF - Happy (#19)

#11. David Guetta/Anne-Marie/Coi Leray - Baby Don't Hurt Me (#9)

#10. Lewis Capaldi - Wish You The Best (#10)

#9. Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer (RE-ENTRY)

#8. Harry Styles - Satellite (#8)

#7. Fifty Fifty - Cupid (#11)

#6. Crash Adams - Give Me A Kiss (#6)

#5. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed (#4)

#4. Dua Lipa - Dance The Night (#5)

#3. Post Malone - Chemical (#3)

#2. Jonas Brothers - Waffle House (#2)

#1. Taylor Swift/Ice Spice - Karma (#1) [4th Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Harry Styles - As It Was (8th and final week at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


The Weeknd/Playboi Carti/Madonna - Popular (+10) really deserves to take the biggest jump this week. It has been gaining some lots of airplay this week. And I'm sure hoping it should go to the Top 10 soon.

I'm not too thrilled to see SZA - Snooze and Miley Cyrus - Jaded (-6) taking the biggest drops. They don't deserve to lose airplay this week. But hopefully they'll come back up soon.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Dominic Fike - Mona Lisa: He finally made his return on the countdown after Dancing In The Courthouse dropped out of Hit Bound a couple months ago. And what I've noticed about this song is that it's actually one of the songs that was taken from the soundtrack of the new Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse movie, which I think is so interesting. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. But definitely not as good as Dancing In The Courthouse, but it's still amazing. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, Dominic's vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were so nicely-written, and the chorus was so phenomenal. Let's see how this one does on there.


Nicki Minaj/Ice Spice/Aqua - Barbie World: The best countdown debut this week. And of course this was actually another one of those songs that was taken from the soundtrack of the upcoming Barbie movie, and of course this song also samples Aqua's own hit song Barbie Girl, which was definitely what I expected hence the title. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song and it's actually a step up from Princess Diana. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, the verses from Nicki and Ice Spice sound super phenomenal, their interplay in the chorus was so heavenly, and the lyrics were super nicely-written. Let's see how far this goes on there.


Morgan Wallen - Last Night: I'm pleased to see this song come back on the countdown as it has been doing so well on the pop radio charts recently. Let's see how this one does on it's second run on there.


Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer: Wow, I actually didn't expect this song to make it's return on there after 3 years, but I'm super pleased that it's finally back! Now as you remember when I last reviewed this song back in 2020, the song was phenomenal for me and of course this was actually one of my favorite songs off of Lover. But now this song has actually grown on me more and it's now heavenly and now it's my new favorite song from her. I know my previous favorite song from her was Delicate back when I reviewed my Top 10 Songs of 2018, but this song was actually my new favorite from her. This might also end up in my Top 10 Songs of the year just to let you know. But in the meantime, let's see how far this gets on it's second run in there. I'm sure this is going to do way better than it's run back in 2020 since it re-entered in the Top 10 on there. And I'm sure this is going to end up becoming a hit since it happened. Hopefully it does.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed: Although I know this song shouldn't be dropping, but I'm sure this is going to leave the Top 5 soon.

4. Dua Lipa - Dance The Night: I'm pleased that this song is finally moving up, and can we please let this song go to the Top 3 next week? I'm really hoping it should happen.

3. Post Malone - Chemical: I have no idea why it's still in the Top 3. When is it going to leave here? I'm hoping this shouldn't be going to the top spot.

2. Jonas Brothers - Waffle House: Yeah I'm sure this song might hold at this spot mainly because of what's going on in there. I'm sure this might not be at the top spot.

1. Taylor Swift/Ice Spice - Karma: Holding the top spot for the 4th week in a row. Gosh, this song sure has been doing so amazing on there. Nothing can stop her from getting #1 songs on there. Now, let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Metro Boomin/Nav/A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie/Swae Lee - Calling (DEBUT)

2. Crash Adams - Lucky

3. Kim Petras - Revelations

4. Niall Horan - Science

5. Leah Kate - Super Over (DEBUT)

6. Tai Verdes - Sandman

7. The Band Camino - See You Later (DEBUT)

8. Doechii - What It Is (Block Boy)

9. Jelly Roll - Need A Favor

10. Jain - Makeba (DEBUT)

11. Olivia Rodrigo - Vampire (DEBUT)

12. D4vd - Here With Me

13. Coi Leray/David Guetta - Make My Day (DEBUT)

14. Jessie Murph/Maren Morris - Texas

15. Kali - Area Codes

16. Benson Boone - In The Stars


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Metro Boomin/Nav/A Boggie Wit Da Hoodie/Swae Lee - Calling: Of course this was actually another one of those songs that was taken from the soundtrack of the new Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse movie, which I'm really looking forward to seeing in theaters. But I gotta say, this is just a decent song. There really isn't anything interesting to say about it. Although Metro Boomin's beat was decent but not the best, but I don't like the verses from Nav and A Boogie. They don't sound good in them. But Swae Lee's hook was actually so amazing so I'll give credit to him. And I also don't mind the lyrics because I think they're still very nicely-written. But this is decent overall. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Leah Kate - Super Over: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. So she recently put out a new single from her upcoming album, which I think is so amazing. As far as the song goes, it's absolutely a phenomenal song. With my opinion on this one, the production was so phenomenal, Leah's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was so heavenly. But I don't think it's ever going to be on the countdown because I know she had a lot of Hit Bound dropouts last year, but hopefully it'll be in there soon.


The Band Camino - See You Later: I've actually known them since 2019 back when I heard Daphne Blue on Alt Nation. And now, here they are making their first ever appearance on there. As far as the song goes, it's definitely an amazing song. But definitely not as good as Daphne Blue, but it's still amazing. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, the vocals were super amazing, the lyrics were so interesting, and the chorus was so phenomenal. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Jain - Makeba: Wow, a French singer making his debut on there? That's so interesting. And this song was actually released back in 2015 and it has actually gone viral recently. But I gotta say, this is also a decent song. There really isn't anything interesting to say about it. Though the production and the overall vibes don't sound good at all, but his vocals were actually pretty good here and the lyrics were still so interesting. Although I could say the chorus was decent here. So yeah, this is decent overall. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Olivia Rodrigo - Vampire: I've actually been waiting for her to make her return on there, and thank goodness she's finally back. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song and it's actually a step up from Traitor. With my opinion, the production was so phenomenal, Olivia's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and the chorus was so heavenly. I'm really hoping that this should be on the countdown within the next week or so.


Coi Leray/David Guetta - Make My Day: So those two decided to collaborate again after Baby Don't Hurt Me, and they did. As far as the song goes, it's definitely another phenomenal song and it's actually a step up from Players. But definitely not as good as Baby Don't Hurt Me though, but this is still phenomenal. With my opinion on this song, the production was so phenomenal, Coi's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were super nicely-written, and the chorus and drop both sound so heavenly. Hopefully this should be on the countdown soon.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Post Malone - Chemical

29. Post Malone - Mourning


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

28. Lil Durk/J. Cole - All My Life


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

27. Lewis Capaldi - Wish You The Best

26. NF - Happy

25. Dominic Fike - Mona Lisa

24. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed

23. Jonas Brothers - Summer Baby

22. Morgan Wallen - Last Night

21. Icandy - Keep Dat

20. Crash Adams - Give Me A Kiss

19. Melanie Martinez - Void

18. Miley Cyrus - Jaded

17. OneRepublic - Runaway

16. Fifty Fifty - Cupid

15. Luke Combs - Fast Car

14. Jonas Brothers - Waffle House

13. Lauren Spencer-Smith - That Part

12. Doja Cat - Attention

11. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Like A Grudge

10. Nicki Minaj/Ice Spice/Aqua - Barbie World

9. SZA - Snooze

8. Taylor Swift/Ice Spice - Karma

7. Harry Styles - Satellite

6. Dua Lipa - Dance The Night

5. The 1975 - I'm In Love With You

4. The Weeknd/Playboi Carti/Madonna - Popular


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. David Guetta/Anne-Marie/Coi Leray - Baby Don't Hurt Me

TIE: 1. Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer

TIE: 1. David Kushner - Daylight


Total Score: 141/150 = 94% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiesto (2) Week Of April 1, 2023

AT40: Miguel (6) Week Of July 8, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018