Crash Adams (2) Week Of August 5, 2023

So we are now officially in the month of August and now I only have one more month left of summer break and then I start my third year of college. I'm really looking forward to see how I do this upcoming year. Anyway. As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks super interesting. We did get rid of another bad song which was always amazing to see. And we also have some more interesting debuts this week, but I'm gonna get to them later on in this post like what I always do. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 30, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Post Malone - Chemical

Doja Cat - Attention

Zayn - Love Like This


Last Week's #1 Song: Crash Adams - Give Me A Kiss

The Countdown:

#30. Benson Boone - In The Stars (DEBUT)

#29. Tomorrow X Together/Jonas Brothers - Do It Like That (#22)

#28. Noah Kahan/Post Malone - Dial Drunk (DEBUT)

#27. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Like A Grudge (RE-ENTRY)

#26. Lil Durk/Morgan Wallen - Stand By Me (#30)

#25. Billie Eilish - What Was I Made For (#27)

#24. Nicki Minaj/Ice Spice/Aqua - Barbie World (#28)

#23. David Kushner - Daylight (#24)

#22. Jung Kook/Latto - Seven (#23)

#21. Luke Combs - Fast Car (#18)

#20. Lil Durk/J. Cole - All My Life (#21)

#19. Morgan Wallen - Last Night (#20)

#18. SZA - Snooze (#19)

#17. Miley Cyrus - Jaded (#12)

#16. Dominic Fike - Mona Lisa (#17)

#15. Jonas Brothers - Summer Baby (#16)

#14. David Guetta/Anne-Marie/Coi Leray - Baby Don't Hurt Me (#11)

#13. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed (#8)

#12. The Weeknd/Playboi Carti/Madonna - Popular (#9)

#11. Fall Out Boy - We Didn't Start The Fire (#26)

#10. Doechii - What It Is (Block Boy) (#15)

#9. OneRepublic - Runaway (#10)

#8. Post Malone - Mourning (#7)

#7. Jonas Brothers - Waffle House (#4)

#6. Olivia Rodrigo - Vampire (#14)

#5. Harry Styles - Satellite (#6)

#4. Fifty Fifty - Cupid (#5)

#3. Dua Lipa - Dance The Night (#3)

#2. Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer (#2)

#1. Crash Adams - Give Me A Kiss (#1) [2nd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Harry Styles - Late Night Talking (1 of 5 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


I'm super duper pleased to see Fall Out Boy - We Didn't Start The Fire (+15) take the biggest jump and gain lots of airplay this week. This totally deserves it! And I'm sure hoping that it should be in the Top 10 next week.

I'm not too thrilled about Tomorrow X Together/Jonas Brothers - Do It Like That (-7) take the biggest drop. This does not deserve it! But I'm sure hoping that it should move back up soon, but I have a feeling that it might be out of here.


New Song/s on the countdown this week are:


Benson Boone - In The Stars: This is the only great debut we have this week. Well we now have a Hit Bound dropout from last year that made it's debut on the countdown this week. I totally did not expect that to happen. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song and it's actually a step up from Ghost Town and Room For 2. For my opinion on this one, the production was so phenomenal, Benson's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was so heavenly. But yeah, overall it's a phenomenal song for me to listen to. Let's see how this one does on there.


Noah Kahan/Post Malone - Dial Drunk: Does anybody remember him? He brought us Hurt Somebody with Julia Michaels back in 2018, and that was a song that I actually enjoyed back then. But I gotta say, this is just a decent song because they actually played the remix with Post Malone in it, and he was a terrible singer in my opinion. Though the production still sounds outstanding and Noah's vocals still sound super outstanding. But of course Post's vocals were awful in his contribution. But I think the chorus is still so amazing and the lyrics were still nice. But yeah, this is decent overall. I actually prefer the original version over this. Let's see how far this one goes on there.


Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Like A Grudge: I actually did not expect this song to come back to the countdown, but I'm actually so pleased to see that. Now, let's see how this one does on it's second run on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Harry Styles - Satellite: I'm so pleased to see this song in the Top 5. This really deserves to be in there! Nothing can really stop him from becoming popular on there. Now, hopefully this should go to the Top 3 soon.

4. Fifty Fifty - Cupid: I'm pleased to see this song move up, but again I don't think it's ever going to be in the Top 3, but let's see if it does soon.

3. Dua Lipa - Dance The Night: Yeah I don't think it's ever going to be at the top spot. But maybe it might stay in the Top 3 for a little bit longer at the very least.

2. Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer: I'm still waiting for this song to be at the top spot. But hopefully next week it'll be in there.

1. Crash Adams - Give Me A Kiss: Holding the top spot for the 2nd week in a row. I'm pleased that it's still in there, although I'm sure another song is going to take over this spot next week because of a super popular artist, but let's see if it'll stay in there next week or not.


Now, let's review this week's Hit Bound:


1. Teddy Swims - Lose Control

2. NewJeans - Super Shy

3. Diplo/Jessie Murph/Polo G - Heartbroken

4. Lauv - Love U Like That (DEBUT)

5. MAX/Jvke/Bazzi - Strings (DEBUT)

6. will.i.am/Britney Spears - Mind Your Business

7. Post Malone - Enough Is Enough

8. Charlieonafriday - I'm Not Crazy

9. Tori Kelly - Cut

10. Crash Adams - Sugar Mommy

11. Doja Cat - Paint The Town Red (DEBUT)

12. Jelly Roll - Need A Favor

13. Fifty Fifty/Kaliii - Barbie Dreams

14. Bebe Rexha/David Guetta - One In A Million (DEBUT)

15. Travis Scott/Bad Bunny/The Weeknd - K-Pop

16. Charli XCX - Speed Drive


New Song/s on Hit Bound this week are:


Lauv - Love U Like That: So they have recently put out a new single which I think is super amazing because this song is definitely a phenomenal song. Gosh, he sure is such a talented singer in my opinion. With my opinion on this one, the production was so phenomenal, Lauv's vocals were super phenomenal, I'm definitely a huge fan of the lyrics, and the chorus was so heavenly. Hopefully this should be on the countdown soon.


MAX/Jvke/Bazzi - Strings: It's actually been a while since we last heard from him ever since Blueberry Eyes dropped out of Hit Bound back in early 2021. As far as the song goes, it's definitely another amazing song. But definitely not as good as Blueberry Eyes, but it's still amazing. With my opinion, the production was so amazing, MAX and Bazzi both sound super amazing, though Jvke doesn't sound the best here in his contribution, but the lyrics were still very nicely-written and the chorus was so phenomenal. Let's see if it'll be on the countdown soon.


Doja Cat - Paint The Town Red: The best Hit Bound entrant this week. So she has put out a new album recently, and I do know Attention is currently #1 on the Hot 100 which was amazing. As far as this new song goes, it's definitely another heavenly song and it's definitely the best song that I've ever heard from her. It's definitely a step up from Attention and all of her other songs. With my opinion on this song, the production was so heavenly and super fun, Doja's vocals were super heavenly, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a humongous fan of, and the chorus was extremely heavenly. This is definitely going to end up in my Top 5 Songs of the year when it makes the countdown. Hopefully it'll make the countdown soon.


Bebe Rexha/David Guetta - One In A Million: So apparently David's been running out of songs to sample, so he decided to sample his own hit song When Love Takes Over, which I think is super amazing. As far as the song goes, it's definitely another phenomenal song. But definitely not as good as I'm Good (Blue), but it's still phenomenal. With my opinion on this one, the production was so phenomenal, Bebe's vocals were super phenomenal, the lyrics were definitely what I'm a huge fan of, and the chorus was so heavenly. Hopefully this should be on the countdown soon.


My Top 30 Review:

0 - Crap:

30. Post Malone - Mourning


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

29. Noah Kahan/Post Malone - Dial Drunk

28. Billie Eilish - What Was I Made For

27. Lil Durk/J. Cole - All My Life


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

26. Dominic Fike - Mona Lisa

25. Jung Kook/Latto - Seven

24. Doechii - What It Is (Block Boy)

23. Lil Durk/Morgan Wallen - Stand By Me

22. Tomorrow X Together/Jonas Brothers - Do It Like That

21. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed

20. Jonas Brothers - Summer Baby

19. Morgan Wallen - Last Night

18. Crash Adams - Give Me A Kiss

17. Miley Cyrus - Jaded

16. OneRepublic - Runaway

15. Benson Boone - In The Stars

14. Fifty Fifty - Cupid

13. Luke Combs - Fast Car

12. Jonas Brothers - Waffle House

11. Fall Out Boy - Hold Me Like A Grudge

10. Nicki Minaj/Ice Spice/Aqua - Barbie World

9. SZA - Snooze

8. Olivia Rodrigo - Vampire

7. Harry Styles - Satellite

6. Dua Lipa - Dance The Night

5. The Weeknd/Playboi Carti/Madonna - Popular

4. David Guetta/Anne-Marie/Coi Leray - Baby Don't Hurt Me


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer

TIE: 1. David Kushner - Daylight

TIE: 1. Fall Out Boy - We Didn't Start The Fire


Total Score: 142/150 = 94.6% (A) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AT40: Miguel (6) Week Of July 8, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Jonas Brothers (1) Week Of July 8, 2023