AT40: Rema (3) Week Of August 12, 2023

As far as the countdown goes, I thought that it looks super interesting. There has been a lot of interesting stuff happening on there, including some of our debuts this week. And we also have yet another interesting Top 5 this week, but I'm gonna get to that later on in this post like what I always do. But other than that, I don't have anything else to say here, so let's get to it! Before we get to this week's Fresh 40, here are the songs dropping out of the countdown this week.


Jonas Brothers - Waffle House

NF - Happy

Raye/070 Shake - Escapism


Last Week's #1 Song: Taylor Swift - Karma

The Countdown:

#40. Metro Boomin/Nav/A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie/Swae Lee - Calling (DEBUT)

#39. PinkPantheress - Boy's A Liar (#38)

#38. Icandy - Keep Dat (DEBUT)

#37. Coi Leray - Players (#36)

#36. Travis Scott/Bad Bunny/The Weeknd - K-Pop (DEBUT)

#35. David Kushner - Daylight (#37)

#34. Taylor Swift - Lavender Haze (#32)

#33. Jonas Brothers - Summer Baby (#34)

#32. Doechii - What It Is (Block Boy) (#35)

#31. Flo Rida - What A Night (#29)

#30. OneRepublic - Runaway (#30)

#29. Nicki Minaj/Ice Spice/Aqua - Barbie World (#31)

#28. Jung Kook/Latto - Seven (#33)

#27. The Weeknd/Playboi Carti/Madonna - Popular (#27)

#26. Pitbull/Lil Jon - Jumpin' (#26)

#25. Toosii - Favorite Song (#23)

#24. Harry Styles - Satellite (#25)

#23. Melanie Martinez - Void (#24)

#22. The Weeknd - Die For You (#20)

#21. Dominic Fike - Mona Lisa (#28)

#20. Post Malone - Chemical (#19)

#19. Bakar - Hell N Back (#21)

#18. SZA - Kill Bill (#13)

#17. Post Malone - Mourning (#17)

#16. Lil Durk/J. Cole - All My Life (#18)

#15. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed (#7)

#14. Miley Cyrus - Jaded (#16)

#13. David Guetta/Anne-Marie/Coi Leray - Baby Don't Hurt Me (#14)

#12. Luke Combs - Fast Car (#15)

#11. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin' (#10)

#10. SZA - Snooze (#12)

#9. Olivia Rodrigo - Vampire (#11)

#8. Fifty Fifty - Cupid (#9)

#7. Miley Cyrus - Flowers (#6)

#6. Dua Lipa - Dance The Night (#8)

#5. Morgan Wallen - Last Night (#4)

#4. Miguel - Sure Thing (#3)

#3. Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer (#5)

#2. Taylor Swift - Karma (#1)

#1. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down (#2) [3rd Week At #1]


#1 Song This Week One Year Ago:


Lizzo - About Damn Time (5 of 6 weeks at #1)


This Week's Mover and Shaker:


Dominic Fike - Mona Lisa (+7) took the biggest jump for the second week in a row. Gosh, this song sure has been gaining lots of airplay recently. Now, hopefully this should go to the Top 20 soon.

I'm not too thrilled about Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed (-8) taking the biggest drop, but I'm sure it's starting to lose airplay so that's why it took it. But at least it's still in the Top 20 which was a good thing, but I'm sure it's going to be out of here very soon.


New Song/s on the AT40 this week are:


Metro Boomin/Nav/A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie/Swae Lee - Calling: Of course this is actually another one of those songs that was taken from the soundtrack of the new Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse movie, which I've actually seen in theaters before. It was such a fun movie. But I gotta say, this is just a decent song. There really isn't anything interesting to say about it. Although Metro Boomin's beat was decent but not the best, but I don't like the verses from Nav and A Boogie. They don't sound good in them. But Swae Lee's hook was actually so amazing so I'll give credit to him. And I also don't mind the lyrics because I think they're still very nicely-written. But this is decent overall. Let's see how this one does on there.


Icandy - Keep Dat: This is the only great debut we have this week. I've actually found her yet to be another talented rapper after giving this song a first listen. And now, she has made her first appearance on there. As far as the song goes, it's definitely a phenomenal song. With my opinion, the production was super amazing, Icandy's rapping was so phenomenal and she flows very nicely throughout the whole song, the lyrics were super interesting, and the chorus was super phenomenal. Hopefully this should do well on there.


Travis Scott/Bad Bunny/The Weeknd - K-Pop: So he has put out a new album a couple weeks ago and this is one of the songs that was off of the album. But I gotta say, this is also a decent song. There's nothing interesting to say about it. Though I really love the production here, but I don't think Travis sounded that good here and Bad Bunny's part was awful. But Abel's vocals in the chorus were so amazing and I think the lyrics are still so interesting. But this is decent overall. Let's see how far this gets on there.


My Opinions/My Thoughts On The Top 5:


5. Morgan Wallen - Last Night: Yeah I don't think this song is ever going to be in the Top 3. Although it's dropping, so I'm sure this might be out of the Top 5 soon.

4. Miguel - Sure Thing: I actually did not expect this song to be out of the Top 3 this week, but at least it's still in the Top 5 so that's still good. And I'm sure it might stay in the Top 5 for a little while longer.

3. Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer: I'm super pleased to see this song in the Top 3. This totally deserves it! And I'm really hoping that this should go to the top spot within the next week or so.

2. Taylor Swift - Karma: It dropped out of the top spot. But it still had a nice run in there. Although I'm sure it's going to be out of the Top 5 sometime soon.

1. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down: Wow, I totally did not expect this song to be back at the top spot. But I'm still pleased that it's back in there. Although I'm sure it's definitely leaving the top spot next week and be on it's way out of here very soon, but let's see how long it'll stay in there.


My Top 20 Review:

0 - Crap:

20. Post Malone - Chemical

19. Post Malone - Mourning


1 - Bad:

None


2 - Mediocre:

None


3 - Decent:

18. Lil Durk/J. Cole - All My Life


4 - Good:

None


5 - Great:

17. Bakar - Hell N Back

16. Metro Boomin/The Weeknd/21 Savage - Creepin'

15. Miguel - Sure Thing

14. Rema/Selena Gomez - Calm Down

13. Ed Sheeran - Eyes Closed

12. Morgan Wallen - Last Night

11. Miley Cyrus - Jaded

10. Fifty Fifty - Cupid

9. Luke Combs - Fast Car

8. SZA - Kill Bill

7. SZA - Snooze

6. Taylor Swift - Karma

5. Olivia Rodrigo - Vampire

4. Miley Cyrus - Flowers

3. Dua Lipa - Dance The Night


6 - Best Song On The Countdown:

TIE: 1. David Guetta/Anne-Marie/Coi Leray - Baby Don't Hurt Me

TIE: 1. Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer


Total Score: 90/100 = 90% (A-) [Great]


Hit me with your thoughts and any interesting facts that you have on the artists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AT40: Miguel (6) Week Of July 8, 2023

Zedd (9) Week Of May 26, 2018

Jonas Brothers (1) Week Of July 8, 2023